HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
PNP didn't come with extra prop? arrrrgh!
Which APC prop would you use with stock F27C PNP?
CaptEvo is offline Find More Posts by CaptEvo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
Also,
Would the CommonsenseRC 11.1 volt - 2000mAh 8C Li-Poly Pack be OK with stock setup?
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...products_id=48
T.I.A.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:08 PM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
You would use the 6x4 prop on stock F27C

8c 16A discharge rate is low for battery...the rated battery for the motor is a 12c 27A...it may work but the battery life would probly be cut in half due to demands of motor current...saving money is nice but you get what you pay for (a budget battery) the 12c-15c range will give better proformance...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
Starting the build on Stryker III.
Have been lusting after landing gear, so this one will have gear, a MonoTail, NO PAINT! Just markers! am even leaving the steam vent marks on it.
I am leaving Stryker II flying, will be the spare for now. My Wingman has Stryker I and is putting his Himaxx in it. Anyone flown single tail on these? What to expect?
Skonkworkstexas is offline Find More Posts by Skonkworkstexas
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:41 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i flew single tail with dual motors... didn't notice any bad tendencies. i don't think you would with a single motor, either. when i first started flying strykers i'd lose one of the tail fins in the air now and then but the plane would keep going no problem.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:22 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Im thinking the same thing, having just one vertical fin. One thing is you probibly want to have it bigger. I just had a fin come lose today and the prop chewed it up pertty bad. But it will be fine.
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
Running an APC 8&6, I will occasionaly get a prop strike. Sometimes i will allow a hammerhead, followed with a hard roll, and the plane will flounder. Thats when the blade strikes the rudder. The rudders have a lot of give, may try blucor 2 layers thick, with a sharp edge.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:08 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
Windy day today.

This bird really takes it well.

Check it out!
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:31 AM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
Maidened my F27C PNP.
It's not as fast as I thought it would be...
I maidened after I fly my MiniBee with BP12 on it.
The MiniBee seems alot faster.
Anyway, the Stryker wants to nose up when I throttle, which direction of the thrust line do I need to adjust?
If I hold full throttle, it'll eventually just do a loop.
(Stock F27c power system).

Ended the 2nd flight with a bad crash due to a radio glitch [... cough... want spectrum.. cough...]
The nose broke off - Probond back in.
The foam on one side of the wing got scrapped off here and there. I think it'll fly again.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
put washers at the front, which will push the prop DOWNWARD. If you shim at the motor itself put them on the TOP screws. Do a little and try, doesnt take much!
Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
Same Day Delivery
Economy, Pa.
Joined Mar 2002
3,516 Posts
I maidened my DIY stryker yesterday too, and again this morning on the way to work. This is my first larger wing after a SuperFlea, and I'll tell you, this thing eats up a lot of air space! Power is by a CustomCdr Triple that makes around 240 watts of power, ACP 8x6 e prop. its not the fastest (est 50 - 60 mph) but is great fun to fly.
Will have to get around to posting pic's
I noticed the same thing, climb on power, will have to shim the thrustline, I am triming to hold a little up elevator at 50% throttle, this helps out with the zoom on power.
mike3976 is offline Find More Posts by mike3976
Old Mar 26, 2007, 06:32 PM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
Once they are fine tuned, they are great!
Stryker III will have Justgofly 450T, which still promises 30 ounces thrust, but several miles per faster.'
Will have steerable gear, too.
Cant wait!
Although I have seen faster planes, unlimited vertical is my thing!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptEvo
Maidened my F27C PNP.
It's not as fast as I thought it would be...
I maidened after I fly my MiniBee with BP12 on it.
The MiniBee seems alot faster.
Anyway, the Stryker wants to nose up when I throttle, which direction of the thrust line do I need to adjust?
If I hold full throttle, it'll eventually just do a loop.
(Stock F27c power system).

Ended the 2nd flight with a bad crash due to a radio glitch [... cough... want spectrum.. cough...]
The nose broke off - Probond back in.
The foam on one side of the wing got scrapped off here and there. I think it'll fly again.
I think that the trim issue is more of a trim issue, & not a thrust issue. Most people have perfectly aligned Strykers when they take them out of the box, but straight flight needs different trim at different speeds. I hate to hear that gravity got the best of you on the 2nd. I've never had a glitch on 72mHZ radios, but I've opted for the Spektrum as well. It takes away the doubt when someone else has a radio in their hand, dying to turn it on.

My Stryker is bad for overdrawing. The LVC sometime shuts the plane down 3 times in one flight (I try throttle management, but my Stryker is a little slower than last year & doesn't have unlimited vertical, even with full throttle.
Major Justice is offline Find More Posts by Major Justice
Old Mar 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
I`ve noticed that with the stock motor mount, the motor will pitch forward under a lot of thrust. This kicks the back of the motor up which would tend to push the tail down and the nose up. You might try putting a shim of some sort under the free end of the motor to keep it from moving under load. Just a thought.

I have a Stryker which I built using the replacement wing and the factory motor mount. I made the elevons and fins out of 4mil coro and the radio cover out of plastic bat material.

I`ve used the HET 4W motor and the 2W-20 motor with various batteries and props. It`s a great flying plane for a $25 airframe and a few hours to assemble.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
Member:Over the Bars Club
Blue Ridge Va
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
Got the C back in the air with the shortened antenna.
I made sure to keep the antenna wire away from the motor power wires.
The range seems about the same, but it still has glitches.

Wish I had bought the pnp and a different radio.
Sometimes when I am powering up the C and the reciever has finished beeping. It acts like it isn't getting any signal at all. It just sits there no matter what you do with the Tx. I do turn the Tx on first and have tried and tested different AA batteries...
When I think about it, thats what happened the very first time I tried to check it out in the basement. Its happened several times since then. If it works when the battery is first installed, it will make it thru the pack.

This is agravating because you never know if the thing is going to work when you get ready to fly.
DualSportRider is offline Find More Posts by DualSportRider
Last edited by DualSportRider; Mar 27, 2007 at 05:26 PM.