SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:43 AM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
I was gonna get me a Spektrum. But I sometimes like to go sky high. Don't want to loose range. So I guess I'm patiently waiting for the company to release a full range radio system so I won't have to worry about that. For now, my Futaba 9C radio works just fine with no glitches. (if you're using the right RX)

So what's the deal with the Stryker brushless motor? Can we put a different size prop to make it any faster? We all know the prop it comes with is a 6x4. Do you think a 6x5 will make a difference?

-Tomi
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:21 PM
Designer of Flying Things
Overland Park,Kansas
Joined Apr 2004
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi

So what's the deal with the Stryker brushless motor? Can we put a different size prop to make it any faster? We all know the prop it comes with is a 6x4. Do you think a 6x5 will make a difference?

-Tomi
If someone could just take some amp readings we might be able to figure that one out.

Too bad about the range problems. Those RTF's are not too good to be true!

117.3 (feet per second) = 79.9772727 miles per hour. (flat and level for 2 seconds after a vert. dive!...lol)

Rich
-=SLaPPiE=- is offline Find More Posts by -=SLaPPiE=-
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:47 PM
Emerald Isle , NC
Joined May 2006
1,329 Posts
My Spektrum range is fantastic and WAY UNDERATED ( on purpose ) so that my 65inch plane is a dot in the sky( far as I DARE fly it) and it comes home. You can't see much less fly, a park flyer 25 oz 32in wing span past 2500 ft. The range has been tested to over 3000 ft. This IS the future , not the scanning for empty channels for plain ol 72 mhz. That is delaying ol technology, last gasp of old tech to keep sales up, while the old stand by Companies see if they can fight the patient rights of Spektrum or somehow beat or get around it. It may be the nail in the coffin for gas or its saviour , just have to wait and see. In the past three months the most disasters with RX at the local fiield club has been these scanning Rx 's .......some just quit all together. While they are out their trying to figure out what went wrong , I'm busy flying my planes . Big bucks for something that is old technology and seems to work even poorer I call it scanning for EXTRA NOISE as well as free channels. Slowly but shurely the diehards are buying elecrtic planes and 2.4 systems. Everytime I go out to the field ther is another retiree running up to me with his new electric and DX6 .........just too funny good for them.

Here ends the Sermon
Coastwatcher is offline Find More Posts by Coastwatcher
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:54 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
sounds like a radio I need to get for my electrics and combat slope gliders. Sweet deal. I'm going to look into gettin one sometime at the end of the year so the wife won't beat me over the head for getting it now.. haha
Old Aug 30, 2006, 02:02 PM
United States, OH, Dresden
Joined Mar 2004
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi
I was gonna get me a Spektrum. But I sometimes like to go sky high. Don't want to loose range. So I guess I'm patiently waiting for the company to release a full range radio system so I won't have to worry about that. For now, my Futaba 9C radio works just fine with no glitches. (if you're using the right RX)

-Tomi
I'm running a Himaxx 2815-2000kv on my Stryker and with a APC 6x4 it pulls 19 static and a 6x5 x 5.5 pulls 25 static, and with a lower kv motor like the one in the C version you should be find with a 6x5 providing the ESC that comes with the New Stryker is rated for 25 amps and just make sure if you don't have a Amp/Watt/Voltage Meter that you fly it for a minute at 3/4 throttle and land to see if everything is not getting hot, and then at WOT for a minute and land and check again.
joe1 is offline Find More Posts by joe1
Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:13 PM
Mega Demon Twin
Central USA
Joined Nov 2005
173 Posts
back to top speeds

Alright, back to top speeds. I bought my first Stryker a year ago after seeing one fly while washing my car. At 32 years old, I was a kid again and have spent $$$'s in the hobby since then. I flew the proven Mega 16/15/4 set up. Loved it!

I am interested in hearing who has taken the Stryker past this agreed on proven set up. If I buy the new "C" version and mod it.....what would the ultimate speed set up be? Anyone? Thanks.
Fly200 is offline Find More Posts by Fly200
Last edited by Fly200; Aug 30, 2006 at 05:17 PM. Reason: off topic
Old Aug 30, 2006, 05:04 PM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
I'm loving this little plane. We're doing low inverted harrier circles in our little field with it, and it has the punch to climb out of them vertically on a fresh pack. Don't flip over into upright flight at too slow a speed or too low an altitude, you need some speed to get the nose up when flying upright. Inverted, however, the nose stays up willingly. Awesome plane even without the speed factor.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2006, 05:54 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
I'm loving this little plane. We're doing low inverted harrier circles in our little field with it, and it has the punch to climb out of them vertically on a fresh pack. Don't flip over into upright flight at too slow a speed or too low an altitude, you need some speed to get the nose up when flying upright. Inverted, however, the nose stays up willingly. Awesome plane even without the speed factor.

I was doing some slow inverted flight too. but not harriers. I guess you 3D nuts will try to do some 3D moves on any planes huh.. lol. I did upright harriers though. This was in dead wind. We have some wind today so I'm gonna go out and do some more flying.

Can't wait to hear from someone on how to make this thing get up and go faster..

-Tomi
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:37 PM
Joined Aug 2004
22 Posts
f27c stryker for sale

i have an unopened one for sale decided not to fly electric....225 plus shipping
upssteve is offline Find More Posts by upssteve
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:28 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
How well do they fly in 5-15mph winds?
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:49 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
They do good in wind. I got mine on radar today my best run into a slight wind was 79mph not room for going with the wind at the field. I need to see what its pulling for amps on the stock set up and go from there.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Aug 31, 2006, 03:19 AM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
The easiest solution is just to figure out how to space your rx away from noisy components....its not rocket science.

I have never had major glitching problems in anything (including my helicopter) without either having someone on my channel or using cheap radio equipment.

If I do choose to use one of cheap receivers I have "from before i knew better", I also choose to accept that I might get shot down occasionally.

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:52 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by That can fly?!?
How well do they fly in 5-15mph winds?
I was slope soaring mine yesterday. It doesn't do it very well but it handles the wind pretty good. I did some more dives and it seems to be going faster than 86mph this time. I think my battery pack is starting to work better.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:58 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,707 Posts
I have a E-flite six series 2700 Kv kicking around that I had in a PZ mustang(RIP) anyone have any idea what the numbers would be if I put it on my stryker? Thanks!
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Aug 31, 2006, 02:16 PM
Wadmalaw Island ,SC
Joined Dec 2003
2,349 Posts
Thanks for the flight reports guys ,,,

I did have a chance to open one of these up and check it out ... it is of better quality all around than the previous F-27 models ... it was tempting ...but I flashed back to my pile of backlogged builds . So I'm trying to talk my buddy into getting one
As for speed, I can understand trying to put a number on it to refute or confirm manufacturer claims . But for me, I don't worry about my models speed in MPH ... So I stick with 3 general measurements.
1 ) eh ,,, pretty slow.
2 ) Hey, this feels good ...
3 ) MY GAWD !!!!!

Take care all ~
the Swamp Fox is offline Find More Posts by the Swamp Fox