Joined Apr 2006
20 Posts
$250 rtf, $160 plug n play
radiobb is offline Find More Posts by radiobb
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:27 AM
Joined Aug 2004
830 Posts
Mega 3t, 6x4 wood prop (yeah, wood. Rockin' the boat here), and a big 3s, you'll hit 100+.
Accu157 is offline Find More Posts by Accu157
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:39 AM
London, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
1,491 Posts
Yeah i guess if you could get it spinning over 30000RPM you could hit that speed.
Wayne V is offline Find More Posts by Wayne V
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:58 AM
matt the cat
strongsville ohio
Joined Oct 2005
669 Posts
Ok I Have Built Mine And Had Local Police Radar My Sryker It Has The 6-pole 2000kv On It With A 6.5*5.5. Apc Prop Along With A 2100tunder Power Pro Light In It And E-flight 40 Esc. I Was Clocked At 83 Mph On A Calm Day Another Day He Clocked Me With The With A Tall Wind Of 94mph. In A Dive Full Bore. I Hit 107mph. Thought The Wings Were Going To Rip Right Off!!! But She Does Have Speed ! The Local Police Come Up Every Sat And Sun. To Watch Us Fly . Now I Also Have Apylon Racer It Is Called The Voodo. Made In The Cheq Republic. All Kevlar And Carbin Fiber. All Up Weight 339 Grams . With A Mild Set Up On Her Of 1320 Li-poly 3 Celltp Pro- Light Coupled With The Warp 4 Turn. She Is In The 125mph Range. A Freind Has Mega On His And 2100 Th Li-poly And Has Got The 150 Mph Range. Now If You Want To Go Crazy ? The Avieonics Motors With The 2100 Pro-light Move This Bird In The 200mph Range Very Very Fast Plane! 33 Inch Wing Span . The Plane Alone Is 225.00$ I Will Getsome Video Of Her If I Can Find A Camera Man That Can Keep Up With Here. But Again The Stryker For The Price , And Being A Epp Model Is A Very Fast Plane And It Is Worth The Money. Part It Out And Get A Mega On Her Or The 6 Pole 2000kv E-flight Motor Brushless. You Will Be Most Impressed With Her Speed.
matthew james is offline Find More Posts by matthew james
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:44 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
dude...take a breath!

Thanks for the radar report. Yours sounds a bit faster than mine, but variability is to be expected.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:53 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Hey guys,, I got mine today. I got the PNP one. I'm using a Hitec 555 RX and a TP2100 3s Prolite. Flight time sucks, but it's fun. I think I get like 8 minutes of flight time.

I'm around 1500' above sea level. It'll go vertical right off the launch, but once it gets really high, it drops off. Maybe around 500-700 feet.

At level, me and my Manager got it on radar at 65mph and some up to 70mph. On a dive, we clocked it at 86mph max. Half throttle at level flight, I was getting 45-50mph. I'm going to do some more speed runs and see if there would be any diffferent numbers.

Pretty nice for out of the box plane. Now if I can just figure out if I can fly it in front of our hobby shop.

-Tomi
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:38 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
re:
"Although this is marketed at the beginner, so it's probably a good starter for ppl venturing into brushless territory."
---------------------------------------------

Who is marketing the 'C' to a beginner of any type? I would like to here more about this.
What prop do you run on your 3600kv motor?

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4200
ParkZone Charge-and-Fly aircraft are for experienced RC pilots who want a high-performance electric aircraft without the hassle of having to build one.
(More at bottom of page).

I expect most who fly it will agree, that with the brushless motor mount (and of course 6 pole motors and LiPo), better cooling (NACA inlet), and 3 wire radio system, the 'C' is a better model already!

I am sure some folks will 'mod' the C in any case.

Have Fun,
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Last edited by dribbe; Aug 30, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
Just here to fly stuff
Everywhere
Joined Dec 2005
421 Posts
OzDragonFlyer, you are right, this is my first venture into brushless territory. It is impressive, definately hooked. It sounds like the planes that mathew discribed are very impressive. I want to see the videos
I do need to find some way to check the speed of my plane. It seems slower than I expected, but I do not know that until I find a way to measure it.
I did time my two flights.
One flight included about 5 climbs to the edge of my vision and long periods of gliding, some high speed passes, and partial throttle flight to get a feel for the plane. The time was just over 15 minutes.
The second flight was at full throttle most of the time, some couple of periods of gliding. That flight was just under 10 minutes. I was using a watch with a second hand so it was not exact.
Question for you guys. I did notice that under full throttle my Stryker a few times shut it's motor off. This included complete shut down of the plane, no control. This was only for a brief period of time, but it was a little unnerving. I noticed when I backed off, it did not happen.
The wires look fine. What could this be?
LeadSled is offline Find More Posts by LeadSled
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:50 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
Lead Sled,, you have the RTF version or the PNP?

I think i'm getting crappy times cuz the Lipo pack and brand spanking new. Or is that a gimmic about breaking in a battery?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:50 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
I got one also, I did not get to radar it tonight maybe tomorrow but it gets it on down wind it was 10 to 14 mph wind tonight. I'll know more soon as the wind dies down some.

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:09 PM
Just here to fly stuff
Everywhere
Joined Dec 2005
421 Posts
I have the RTF version. Not sure about the breaking in a battery. I just charged it and flew the plane. I did the same with my Blade CX Lipo batteries. Both aircraft have good flight times.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:19 PM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
yeah but the CX is not putting out that much power as the Stryker does.

I really don't know why it's causing that cuttoff, but for one thing, I "think" it might be a glitch. But other will tell you if they know.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:20 PM
Live, Die, FLY
Kalispell, in the Rocky Mountains
Joined Jul 2006
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadSled
I have the RTF version. Not sure about the breaking in a battery. I just charged it and flew the plane. I did the same with my Blade CX Lipo batteries. Both aircraft have good flight times.
can you use CX batterys in the stryker
?
That can fly?!? is offline Find More Posts by That can fly?!?
Old Aug 30, 2006, 07:44 AM
Just here to fly stuff
Everywhere
Joined Dec 2005
421 Posts
No they can not share batteries. I was just talking about two Lipo powered aircraft. The CX battery is a lot small than the Strykers.
I guess I'll just see if anyone else has the same "glitch" in their F27C.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:25 AM
Emerald Isle , NC
Joined May 2006
1,329 Posts
Glitchs

Leadsled,

You bought the RTF. That is the problem and will continue to be so. I got tired of fighting all the hassels ( glitchs) ect, being shot down by other 27 and 72 mhz signals as I progressed in RC flight. There is ALOT of noise out there. I owned the A version and B version and the Tyhoon which used the radio you got with the C version. I know all about those WEIRD glitchs and strange stuff that happens. You can drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out. If you fly with this 72 an 27 equpiment , it is reality you have to deal with.

One easy to check problem, with cheap Tx's is the battery compartments, the AA batts come loose with trans port . Need to always check batt and be sure they are snapped in tight right before flying. I have beening standing there and the damn batterries drop right out of the Parkzone transmitters.

I have seen as many as 4 planes go down at once at a park in VA I flew at. No one is sure why . There are SO MANY worries now with fathers and sons trying out their first plane in the back yard ........with a 3/4 mile radius , who ever can be sure who is sitting in his house testing a 72 mhz plane while you are out there trying to fly. TOns of noise, towers you name it. I had a fellow jump out of this camaro ( obviously a begginer ) turned on is PArkzone, and watched my Park zone fallout of the sky. He had no idea that he should check with me to see IF he might be interfering . TOO MANY PARK FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The answer is 2.4 gig Spektrum system.

I'm buying the "C" plug and play model , and adding a 2.4gig SpektruM RX and my own TP 2100 batt. If I crash , then it my fault.

I can't see why ParkZone even offered the "C" plane w to more advanced flyers with that cheapy transmitter system. Msot people that are ready for that plane would want to use thier own better TX/RX. But that is another rant.

Anyway , if you want to to fly hassle free and are serious about staying in RC park flyers. Buy the Spektrum system and JUST be done with it. When you start to get in the 300.00 dollar range or nice planes you built , I can't afford 10 year old little tommy and his dad to shoot me down with their radio shack junk. I fly ALL my planes from 12oz to 6 pounds with this radio , Haven't had a glitch in 12 months. ZERO ..nada......read NO PROBLEMS!!! I see planes dropping out of the sky at parks and fields all around me, and guys cussing about glitchs. ANd NOW.. Ever time I go to the club field, there is another person with the Spektrum system. I can go ANY WHERE and fly my planes with confidence.

The Spektrum Dx is the BEST 200.00 you will ever spend in RC . Quit scratching your head .....with a don't know what happened it just quit wonder what went wrong.

I will buy the GAS Spektrum system when it becomes available too. Maybe I'll buy my first gas plane

Fred
Coastwatcher is offline Find More Posts by Coastwatcher
Last edited by Coastwatcher; Aug 30, 2006 at 12:27 PM.