SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Yeah, I had one bad deal happen last year. I was flying another trainer when I clipped a powerline with one wing, the wing cocked over to one side and came right at my house, so I panicked and pulled up...well....that was not good since now the plane was under the line again. It went full throttle straight up into 6 wires and shredded the thing into small parts, the wind from the .40 and 11x6 prop blowing them straight at the ground. The thing went trought the lines and came out little more than a half a fuselage and kept going up! then the engine died and landed between John Campbell's and my pickup trucks! Where is the stinking video camera when you need one?

B
Bryan Bozarth is offline Find More Posts by Bryan Bozarth
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:23 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,117 Posts
New Stryker fuselage

I finally finished painting my new fuselage. I haven't decided if I will paint over the servos or leave them as is. Here are the pics.

_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Oct 23, 2006, 12:20 AM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Do mine too K

B
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:27 AM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Here is my stryker, it is a peice of junk, but it goes fast.......Don't laugh at the motor mount, or the whole darn thing! OK?

B
Last edited by Bryan Bozarth; Oct 24, 2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 02:38 AM
My first Build
Vancouver WA
Joined Jul 2006
973 Posts
looks alot like mine! doncha just love that 6 series motor? I even cut the electronics cover the same way. Hoot!
radralph is offline Find More Posts by radralph
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:40 AM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Yeah that six series is crazy, the mount looks like it wants to rip off! I have one from a 27C on order. I used the E-flite 40 amp, and I think I could use a bigger one because the motor can do 42 amps I guess. I tryed a 7x5 prop and....wow! that is crazy, the thing will just go straight up forever! It went straigt up forever with the 5.5x4.5 prop too.

B
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:26 PM
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosborne
I finally finished painting my new fuselage. I haven't decided if I will paint over the servos or leave them as is. Here are the pics.

I just painted stripes on mine last week, and Saturday a friend copied them onto a yellow scheme he was doing. They were copies of the stock stripes. I had no idea that this tiger scheme was the next big thing. He ended up wrecking his on the maiden Sunday, and it wrinked most of the paint that stickers didn't rip off.

The bottom of yours is awesome. I'd do something with the servos to save continuity.

Nice job.
Major Justice is offline Find More Posts by Major Justice
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:27 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Bozarth
Here is my stryker, it is a peice of junk, but it goes fast.......Don't laugh at the motor mount, or the whole darn thing! OK?

B
Talk about noses!
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:21 PM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosborne
Talk about noses!

It hit the ground OK....
Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:48 PM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
now I have to change it all around!!!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:06 PM
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
I just had a thiought about how to increase the roll rate on a Stryker without shortening the vertical tail stabilizers. On a twinjet the tail stabs are angled inward, and it rolls much faster than a Stryker. I'm not sure about other attributes that the TwinJet has that could make it roll faster, but I am pretty sure that angleing the stabs on a Stryker would increase the roll rate. It would take some modification to the slots they fit in, or you could design some stabs that fit the stock mounts, and are angled inward.

If you are trying to achieve speed, the easiest way is to go with a Micro Jet or something else that increases speed faster in a dive. This is a simple way to compare their potential for speed. I never looked at the Stryker as a monster speed demon (Though it has plenty enough speed if you are used to flying cadets!), but it excels at so many other aspects that the speed it can reach is very impressive. In my opinion, you cannot buy a better stock RTF design similar to the Stryker. The F27-C is advertised as way too fast, but you'll find that some of it's other attributes are just as important.

People are never right with guestimates of speed. Some guess much faster than the actual speed, and some guess slower. Even fliers I know that have decades of experience are awful at looking at a plane & telling you the speed. I know a guy that can fly a maxi pad if the wings are big enough, but he thinks an Easy Sport 40 goes over 80mph (Which is retarded in my opinion). I could just as well be wrong though, but at least I'm not counting on my ability to approximate the speed.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:47 PM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
Quote:
I just had a thiought about how to increase the roll rate on a Stryker without shortening the vertical tail stabilizers. On a twinjet the tail stabs are angled inward, and it rolls much faster than a Stryker. I'm not sure about other attributes that the TwinJet has that could make it roll faster, but I am pretty sure that angleing the stabs on a Stryker would increase the roll rate. It would take some modification to the slots they fit in, or you could design some stabs that fit the stock mounts, and are angled inward.
cutting the vert fins down or shortening your wing span will do much to increase roll rate. with stock size fins, i haven't noticed any difference angled in or out. i tend to angle them out, though, to keep them away from the prop.

Quote:
If you are trying to achieve speed, the easiest way is to go with a Micro Jet or something else that increases speed faster in a dive. This is a simple way to compare their potential for speed. I never looked at the Stryker as a monster speed demon (Though it has plenty enough speed if you are used to flying cadets!), but it excels at so many other aspects that the speed it can reach is very impressive. In my opinion, you cannot buy a better stock RTF design similar to the Stryker. The F27-C is advertised as way too fast, but you'll find that some of it's other attributes are just as important.
you must not have seen the multiplex funjet yet. much cleaner fuse design, faster... mmmmm

Quote:
People are never right with guestimates of speed. Some guess much faster than the actual speed, and some guess slower. Even fliers I know that have decades of experience are awful at looking at a plane & telling you the speed. I know a guy that can fly a maxi pad if the wings are big enough, but he thinks an Easy Sport 40 goes over 80mph (Which is retarded in my opinion). I could just as well be wrong though, but at least I'm not counting on my ability to approximate the speed.
true, it's hard to judge speed. the smaller a plane the faster it will look at slower speeds. not sure what the point was, though.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:08 PM
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive

you must not have seen the multiplex funjet yet. much cleaner fuse design, faster... mmmmm

true, it's hard to judge speed. the smaller a plane the faster it will look at slower speeds. not sure what the point was, though.
Never seen the funjet. I said that I think the Stryker has the best stock design, not that it goes the fastest anyway. The whole point of that post was to get people to consider other attributes the plane has, and move on to another plane if they want a cheap way to produce speed, or do some drastic modifications to the aerodynamic signature.

As for judging speed, it's pretty relative to the discussion of making a plane go faster. That might not be the discussion on this page, but if you go back a page or 2 you will see some posts about the speed of the stryker. The statement I made says in a nutshell "Get a radar gun if you want to know the speed, and quit guessing." But really, if it deals with airplanes then there is a point in sharing it with other people. I don't see the point in you saying anything more than "I have angled the wings, and it doesn't affect the plane that much." If you're going to try & cancel out my post with another, the least you could do is provide proof (Video of both angles) & capitalize some letters in your post so it doesn't read like a child wrote it.

It must have been pretty relative or you wouldn't have justified it with a response. A little advice: No one respects people with a better than thou attitude. Make it a point to second guess everything someone says, and it will be apparent in no time that you're not a good person to deal with.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:38 PM
The Boz
Galaxy #1
Joined Sep 2006
39 Posts
So.... I repainted my plane....some, but I used some airplane covering on the bottom, and it seems to have made the thing more rigid.. Im going to try it out! By the way, here is a really cool way to test if your color blind! I guess im not so............Cool!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/vision.php
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:01 PM
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Bozarth
So.... I repainted my plane....some, but I used some airplane covering on the bottom, and it seems to have made the thing more rigid.. Im going to try it out! By the way, here is a really cool way to test if your color blind! I guess im not so............Cool!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/vision.php

It's a good way to test if you're prone to heart attacks too.