Tark50 is offline Find More Posts by Tark50
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:48 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone View Post
I just got a new Stryker and I can't even get it in the air... Batteries are fully powered to 3 cells... Am I missing something? Is there something in the setup I missed? Thoughts?
The more I think about it, the more I remember my very first flight.
I doinked it 3 times before I realized that throwing straight out wasnt the way to throw.

There could be many different reasons why it isnt getting airborne, is it possible for you to video your next try so we can see whats happening ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:27 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,470 Posts
Parkzone Stryker At Night Fast & Loud!

We have all seen and heard the Parkzone Stryker flying in the day, well i was at a fun fly not long ago when a Stryker was put up at night and WOW! i can tell you it was a sight to see. The Pilot Brian is an Australia Champion at racing the Stryker, so is not a novice pilot. The lights he has on it have been embedded into the foam and actually show up heaps better then just having LED's on the outside of the foam, he explains his light set up at the beginning of the video. When this thing went towards the stars only the flashing of the strobe lights could be seen and on the clear night it was it just blended into the heavenly stars above, hope you all enjoy!

cheers chuck

Parkzone Stryker At Night Fast & Loud! (3 min 51 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:27 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
That looks like a MEGA 16-25-xx motor !!
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
881 Posts
i got a 70mm 10blade changesun fan and motor going into a f-27c fuse...2200 4 cell battery, balances it spot on. it's pulling 38 amps and 480 watts...we will see how it flies in a week or so when the rest of the parts i need for this frankenbird arrive from the mailman...i'm thinking about a wild paint scheme for this one too...
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
i got a 70mm 10blade changesun fan and motor going into a f-27c fuse...2200 4 cell battery, balances it spot on. it's pulling 38 amps and 480 watts...we will see how it flies in a week or so when the rest of the parts i need for this frankenbird arrive from the mailman...i'm thinking about a wild paint scheme for this one too...
if you want gimmie the frame and your idea and will paint it up for you while you wait for the parts

what theme are you looking at warbird,modern jet , tribe tattoo style. race , aerobatic. .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:05 PM
Flying In Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Sep 2011
28 Posts
Stryker Upgrade agian

Say this thread and thought I would give it a go. I have been flying Strykers for some time noe. Bought the F27C, bought an old B model; I just buy the fuselages and build them and paint them; fun !! I have gone from the stock 1850KV. to an E-flite 200KV, anf then a n E-flite 2700kv. The best prop for me is still the standard 6X4. I normally run a 2600ma, 30c 3 cell batt attached to a 40 amp esc. Had it timed at 98mph, so the increase over time was not significant. But damn, the plane flies good. The one I am using now is orange on top, and it is reallt easy to see; I don't paint the bottoms on any of them.

So here is where I need some input. I wanted to increase performance without going insane. So, I added a 60 amp ESC, a 2250ma 4-cell 30 C battery, and it was sugested I try out the Turnigy 2836 / 3200KV / 650 watt outrunner.

Here is what I get for readings. With a 5.5X4.5 pusher prop, I got 1325 watts/96 amps. And with the standard 6X4, I got 1541 watts/112.4amps. This was a 2 second burst / static test and the motor stated to heat up right away. Imagine that. So how could this set produce that much. Doesn't make sense to me. I am trying to figure what I will need for a prop to bring this down to a reasonable level.
needlenoses is offline Find More Posts by needlenoses
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:15 PM
Flying In Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Sep 2011
28 Posts
I always toss my Strykers into the wind (when I can), at a very moderate up angle, 3/4 throttle. I let the nose drop to just below level flight as it builds up steam, then away you go. It needs some speed for the elevons to have an effect.. I set up a friends plane with very hight rates for take off, then tones down for flight. Hope tis helps!!
needlenoses is offline Find More Posts by needlenoses
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Jun 2010
713 Posts
Have any of you fellows ever tried lower kv motors with bigger props. Something like a 1700 or 1800kv and an 8 by 6 or larger? I would think you'd get a lot of thrust. Maybe launch into space?
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needlenoses View Post
Say this thread and thought I would give it a go. I have been flying Strykers for some time noe. Bought the F27C, bought an old B model; I just buy the fuselages and build them and paint them; fun !! I have gone from the stock 1850KV. to an E-flite 200KV, anf then a n E-flite 2700kv. The best prop for me is still the standard 6X4. I normally run a 2600ma, 30c 3 cell batt attached to a 40 amp esc. Had it timed at 98mph, so the increase over time was not significant. But damn, the plane flies good. The one I am using now is orange on top, and it is reallt easy to see; I don't paint the bottoms on any of them.

So here is where I need some input. I wanted to increase performance without going insane. So, I added a 60 amp ESC, a 2250ma 4-cell 30 C battery, and it was sugested I try out the Turnigy 2836 / 3200KV / 650 watt outrunner.

Here is what I get for readings. With a 5.5X4.5 pusher prop, I got 1325 watts/96 amps. And with the standard 6X4, I got 1541 watts/112.4amps. This was a 2 second burst / static test and the motor stated to heat up right away. Imagine that. So how could this set produce that much. Doesn't make sense to me. I am trying to figure what I will need for a prop to bring this down to a reasonable level.
im no expert on strykers . and im sure one of the gurus will chime in but from my experience with those turnigy motors. "i burned up three of them " there a hit or miss. i should had listen to the Gurus here when they recomended the HET or the Mega . anyway i wouldnt fly those motors on anything but a three cell . (for them to last")i would run that motor on a three cell to see what you get you should be around 600 watts .which is safe.also i would check the wires inside the motor to see if they look burn. if they are darkish brown .that motor isnt going to last much longer .as of right now i have a strker and a flyjet(funjet clone) in the closet till i get the funds for some HET 2w25 . word to the wise save your money and get a motor thats going to last . it pays off in the end. those three turnigy motors i couldve had a waaaaay better motor.
just my opinion . some have had better luck than me with those turnigy motors
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:44 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needlenoses View Post

May I ask what happened to the E-Flite motors, do you still have them ?
What motor were the tests you did run on ?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:26 AM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
881 Posts
Sandy,
thanks for the offer, but half the fun is painting it myself. i was thinking of a red,white and blue flag pattern on top, and black and white stripes on the bottom....for visibility
i hope i can have it maidened and ready in time for the NEAT FAIR...i don't build 'em fast,
like someone else we know.....
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Last edited by iflyrc1012; Aug 04, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:07 AM
Lapsus calami
Joined Aug 2009
81 Posts
reccomended launch setup and techniques?

Howdy mates. Resurrected a F-27C that's been hanging neglected in an old-timer's shed sheltering spiders for about 3 years. Dusted her off, rebuilt a servo, Dremeled rust off the linkages, cycled the battery (seems surprisingly healthy) and dropped in a 2.4Ghz RX. Being primarily a glider jock, I chucked her off a slope and cut a bit of sky (before a gale curtailed proceedings). No worries; the old Stryker's a proper treat.

But how do you fellas go off the flat? I read that a hefty throw dead-stick straight and level then feed in the power and climb away is the go. But as this little baby is unlikely to be factory spec and is a little worse for wear, I'm wondering about CofG, control throws and any tricks you might have up your experienced sleeves to minimise the crunch factor.

Ta very much in anticipation.
Undercarter is offline Find More Posts by Undercarter
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:35 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,001 Posts
Is this F27C of yours totally stock ?