HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
I have to begin by saying that the progressive lenses leave me with less than perfect depth perception. I ran the Stryker into a conctrete pole. What an idiot. I have a new fuse and am getting ready for the build. As long as I am starting from scratch I was wondering about strength and future powerplants. I have seen an aluminum stick mount notched into the rear wile leaving the stock mount in place. Any advice is apreciated. Not looking for maga speed yet but you guys seem to be the mod kings and I would apreciate your input. Trying to maintain some float too so I don,t want the "bulletproof" mods yet.

Thanks

Rick
Hi Rick,
Best advice ................ dont even mess with any mount except the Custom RC Parts mount. It was developed to be light weight and extra strong, no matter what motor you intend on mounting to it. This will serve you well for now, and will also be there for you to use when your quest for more speed hits.

http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...products_id=58
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Thanks for the advice but it's a little more than I want to spend on the rebuild. I have looked at it. Beautiful piece of hardware. One day..

Anyone else with ideas?

Rigidity and alternatives for motor mounts?
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:40 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,261 Posts
Rick: follow Mopar's advice on the mount.... Best spent pennies on a Stryker. Take my word for it - I've got 5 of those mounts....
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Arctery,
Your post made me count mine ..................
I have 7 in service now, and 6 more complete mounts, along with 4 additional motor mount adapters ................................ then I still have the prototypes from the origional R&D testing.

I also have 9 Stryker "C" fuses ........................... hhmmmnnnnnnnnnnn ............. looks like I need to build again !!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,366 Posts
Rick,
Trust me, it will pay for itself in 3 crashes and will save yourself alot of grief along the way.
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:03 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the advice but it's a little more than I want to spend on the rebuild. I have looked at it. Beautiful piece of hardware. One day..

Anyone else with ideas?

i used to think , that is way to much money , i thought i can get two fusalage for the price of that mount.so i didnt want to get one , BUT if you like the strykers and plan on flying them . there is no alternative . i only purchased one mount . ive totaled two strykers im on my third one ,and i have one more stryker ready to fly .so when the third one dies, the fourth one wil be ready to go up with that same mount. my point is one mount has survived and its still serves it purpose . it does the job and pay its self in quality
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,013 Posts
Quote:

Anyone else with ideas?

If you do choose to use the stock mount, make sure and wrap the back end of the motor with one or two layers of double sided tape before you push the motor in the mount. They come from the factory that way, and it spreads the load around the mount instead of all on the plastic tabs.

I had all the stock parts from a Stryker, and decided to put my original back to box stock.
The tabs on the mount kept cracking after just a couple of flights. Then I remembered the tape from the original.
Two layers of scotch double sided tape and it fits very snuggly and hasn't cracked the tabs again.

I do have the Custom RC setup on another Stryker and it is a great mount when you are ready.
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
The mount and motor survived. I was thinking of a stick mount in addition to the stock mount. My thinking was the stick would add additional support and give me some flexibility. I think I will reinstall the stock mount and save for the customrc mount.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
glider pilot in training
United States, AR, Searcy
Joined Aug 2006
645 Posts
After 3 years of hard and fast flying my stryker C's stock motor bit the dust today.

Any suggestions on a drop in replacement? I'm not looking to go faster and i'd like to keep the 25 amp Esc i have already.
webdragon is offline Find More Posts by webdragon
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdragon View Post
After 3 years of hard and fast flying my stryker C's stock motor bit the dust today.

Any suggestions on a drop in replacement? I'm not looking to go faster and i'd like to keep the 25 amp Esc i have already.
This is an extremely uneducated suggestion and I will leave it to the experts here to critique it. Little higher kv I believe. If this is a poor choice, feel free to let me know.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
glider pilot in training
Joined Aug 2006
645 Posts
Quote:
This is an extremely uneducated suggestion and I will leave it to the experts here to critique it. Little higher kv I believe. If this is a poor choice, feel free to let me know.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail
Looks like a winner to me.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Two items
What adhesive tape could I use for the hatches one the C model and what sustitute could I use for the missing pins (black plastic) on the rear segment?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:06 AM
glider pilot in training
Joined Aug 2006
645 Posts
Quote:
Two items
What adhesive tape could I use for the hatches one the C model and what sustitute could I use for the missing pins (black plastic) on the rear segment?
I used hot glue to reattach the hatches on mine, same for the pins.
as for the battery cover i lost it on one of the first flights and i fly without it, the batteries stay cooler.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
youtube-- orandaboy
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Stryker Clone RC Foam Jet (1 min 4 sec)

stryker clone scratch build
GazaChinee is offline Find More Posts by GazaChinee
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
OK, I can buy a Q setup (motor and ESC from a local friend. I need a cheap mount so I can buy the motor and ESC. Later I will upgrade. Any ideas? Is the stick in a groove a no go or is it a good start for now?