HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2011, 01:33 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Hi Dave, No I haven't done anything to the Mig, I just hate the thought of cutting into it, but will have to one day soon. I do have a digital 60 inoz servo to install hoping that that will cure the violent pitch up condition I have. I have flown the Mig twice, it's an awesome plane, fast but oh so cool on a pass down the runway! The flights went great except for the violent pitch up in each flight(for no apparent reason) then I would have to land it, so I could sit down right there and get my heart back under control!!!!! w.
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:31 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,000 Posts
I do think that problem is the lack of the pivot point on the stabs being at 25% MAC. Mine experienced the same pitch up and a 75 oz torque servo doesn't completely cure it. I will have to perform surgery to change mine as well.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:01 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,729 Posts
J is totally right. i messed up my MAC calculation on the flying stab, so the pivot point is set about 1cm aft of where its supposed to be. you can make the simple fix of moving the pivot point 1cm forward on the flying stab with the trade-off of loss of scale position of the flying stab relative to the fuse. i just haven't had enough time to go back and modify the plans. this would entail modifying the flying stab but also the aft planform, the 2 fuse skins and the fin as well. i will get to it at some point, but not the foreseeable future
-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:21 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Well, one day when I cut into it, I guess I'll make a couple of new stabs and replace the stabs and the servo... I just hate the thought of cutting into it.. ah well... when I get time.. w.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:53 PM
Master of the figure 9
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2004
2,670 Posts
Well, judging by the responses, I am guessing that my c.g. was boarder line tail heavy, as that was the only flight that she behaved this way. With well over 200 flights on this air frame, I think it is safe to say that my stab pivot is in the correct location. It seems that there is a very fine line between nose heavy and tail heavy.

Just as a reminder, I included a picture of m actuator mechanism below.
Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Man
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:15 PM
Joined Sep 2003
4,729 Posts
old man, is your pivot point on your mechanism at the original location specified by the plans, or did you move it forward some?
seems that if the pivot point is used as originally specified in the plans, the CG becomes very sensitive, but she'll fly perfectly fine if the CG is in the sweet spot. i suspect that with the modified flying stab pivot point, that the CG will likely become a little more lenient?
-beanie
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined Sep 2003
4,729 Posts
correction: the most recent set of plans v2.31 has already been updated to the correct CG and scale positioning of the flying stab. it can be found on the first post. there are a couple versions available, but if you have v2.31, then you should be good to go.
-beanie
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:57 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Thanks Beanie! Your plans are great! This is a super plane! Will get to doing the mod one day, busy on other birds at the moment.. w.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Sep 2003
4,729 Posts
thanks walt! please post pics of you mod when you get around to it.
-beanie
Old Jun 02, 2013, 11:00 AM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,037 Posts
I was just at a mall and first heard then watched 3 of these fly overhead. Very loud and very low, pretty sweet. I had just put my phone away so I didn't get pics or video .
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jun 02, 2013, 11:32 AM
Master of the figure 9
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2004
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
I was just at a mall and first heard then watched 3 of these fly overhead. Very loud and very low, pretty sweet. I had just put my phone away so I didn't get pics or video .
Very cool! Wish I could have seen the fly over.

I was planning on flying mine today but it is too windy. I can't wait to get back to Texas where you can fly 11 months out of the year.
Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Man
Old Jun 02, 2013, 11:51 AM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,037 Posts
A benifit of being in Croatia for holidays. Their military still flys them. I would like to build one of these so posting was an easy way to sub to the thread. Plus bringing back old threads like this is worth it IMO
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:18 PM
Joined Apr 2014
5 Posts
help with the parkjet build
arnold padilla is online now Find More Posts by arnold padilla
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:25 PM
Joined Apr 2014
5 Posts
help with the parkjet eurofighter build
arnold padilla is online now Find More Posts by arnold padilla
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:40 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
4,945 Posts
arnold padilla
Two things that will help-- First fill out your profile so everyone knows where you live- USA-what state, city- or what country-at least. It does make a difference!

2 nd, not sure that posting this in the Mig-21 Fishbed thread will help much either. Try the:

Eurofighter Typhoon Park Jet

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...kjet+eurofight
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake