Joined Mar 2010
23 Posts
3C Observations

Positive's
1) 3c has way more power than 2C.
2) the plane flys very mooth.

Negatives
1) no negatives with a 3c.
2) I discovered that the alerons where connect backwards and on my way down to land truned the worng way and fley into a tree @ Full Speed. Chuck it up to Rookie error.

Total Buildtime 5hours+/-
Total airtime 30 sec.
Plane Totaled in -1 sec
EnjoyFlying is offline Find More Posts by EnjoyFlying
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:57 AM
Chrashing less = more fun
West Michigan
Joined Mar 2010
23 Posts
So i staid up late last night making repairs and rebuilding the wing. I have the airlerons corrected. If its not to windy @ lunch i will give her another chance.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:42 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,382 Posts
I have built many foamies over the last 5 years but never a Cub so will watch your progress with interest.I will put one together with 6mm depron and use it as an aileron trainer.
Good luck with your flying .

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:47 AM
West Michigan
Joined Mar 2010
23 Posts
I got the cub up a couple of times yesterday. It flys great straight, not so good with the turning. When I turn it drops like a rock. As I was making my last attempt another van pulled up and it was an old guy who had 4 planes in his van. He was a skilled piolet. We ended up talking a bunch and he gave me some pointers on my plane and even let him try to fly it, had the same issue. The plane drops in the corners, he thinks that it is a speed/power issue, the lack of. As long has he took very big turns it was fine. He suggested I scale it down about 20-25% and see how it worked with my power system. So i think i am going to put this one aside for now and come back to this plane in a smaller scale but for now I have a BabyBlue areadly cutout and glued.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:06 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,382 Posts
Perhaps a small amount of dihedral might help.

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Jul 2006
298 Posts
I built it like it shows

How were you flying it? rudder, ailerons, or both? Mine was flown on an E-Flite 370 outrunner on 2 cells and would lift off in 10 feet off a paved parking lot. Would 2 wheel taxi on 1/3 throttle with excellent rudder control. With the aifoiled wing the ailerons are not real effective, but did nice for keeping the wings level.
kf2qd is offline Find More Posts by kf2qd
Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:11 AM
West Michigan
Joined Mar 2010
23 Posts
well I tried one or the other or both. This was my first plane with ailerons so I don't know if I was doing it correctly, like I said I am not a great pilot. On a two cell it would not lift off at all. On a 3 cell it would 2 wheel taxi at about 1/2 throttle and lift off in about 10 feet at 3/4 throttle. It flu great straight, lifted off very nicely, it just wouldn't turn without dropping. I thought maybe it was a CG issue but the guy I had look at it didn't think so.