HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:17 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Jul 2006
29 Posts
Discussion
Pinion Gears

I am 59 years old & new at this R/C Helicopter stuff and I own a HoneyBee CP2. I have searched all over and can't seem to find anywhere that sells PINION GEARS. I need to get some 8T and 9T and having a general difficulty since I live in Mexico (U.S. Retired Military) and alot of US Stores do not ship here.

I would appreciate any help and information on this and any PARTS for my HB CP2.

Gracias,
Senor Jack
Senor Jack is offline Find More Posts by Senor Jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:25 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,959 Posts
try allerc.com for your pinions, this is their pinion page here>>> All E RC Pinions and most of the heli based stores that advertise here on RCG will cater for your spare parts for the CP2

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:58 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Try Team Associated or HPI branded micro RS4 pinions for 2mm shaft motors, for cars, they are available wherever a large selection of electric RC car stuff can be found.
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:59 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
What size do you need I can send you a ten tooth, as I have a spare or two... oops, I see your post I can get you an 8 and 9 tooth from my LHS.

Marine Corps; Semper Fi!
Ken
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Old Aug 24, 2006, 06:11 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,959 Posts
you should have a read of this post by toshi morita>>> Updated Pinion List Thread, it has a great list of the available pinions that you can use on your heli, and as ken already said heli pinions aren't the only ones that will fit.

also as your a new commer to the hobby and rcgroups let me say welcome , and with this in mind you will find the Electric Heli's Begginers Guide (also by toshi morita) an invaluable read, you can download it here>> EHBG V16

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Aug 24, 2006, 09:21 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Jul 2006
29 Posts
Thanks Happy Harry and all who responded. Kbill...I will save you as a last resort and I do appreciate your offer. Quadalajara is a 5 hour drive from where I am...rumor is there is a Hobby shop there ! But this is Mexico...anyone who has ever been "DEEP" into Mexico as I am knows my plight!

Senor Jack
Senor Jack is offline Find More Posts by Senor Jack