HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike Seale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 03:52 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,066 Posts
Discussion
24th August - Late entry

Due to Thomas's reflight at the end of the day we went out for food straight away tonight. But we're back now and time for a blog.

Dave Leitch included all the pertinent information about the days flying so I'll keep it brief.

We had a reasonable day with no major upsets. George did 38 and 39, Dave did 40 and 41 and I did two 40's. The organisers are not very good at updating us with scores and we have to guess how things are going. I think I might make about 18th place with Dave about 25th and Geroge about 30th, but we'll have to wait until after the last round which is being flown tomorrow morning. It looks like Wolf is going to be unbeatable but his main threat comes from the German camp rather than Thomas who did not do so well today. We were all expecting something special for his last flight but it didn't happen. He made lots of mistakes and ended up with just 41. We were very surprised that he was awarded a reflight due to interferrence after he continued to fly the distance task and a 10 minute duration task. When he went out for the reflight 30 minutes later some of those that had stayed to watch expressed their feelings with a slow hand clap as he prepared for the launch.

Earlier in the day we saw the usual variety of excitement. Stalled launches from the italians, motor problems and cells exploding. Jeff Keesaman took the main blast from the pack that exploded on the flight-line and was bandaged up by a doctor on-site. Apparently surface burns - nothing too serious. He was certainly OK to fly in the second round of the day.

Tomorrow is the last day of competition and I'll try to get lots of great photos but until then here's a few from the penultimate day.
Mike Seale is online now Find More Posts by Mike Seale
to remove ads between posts