HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:47 AM
Tel-Aviv,Israel
Joined Apr 2001
457 Posts
what's happening near London next week?

Hi!
As the subject might suggest , I'll be in London from the close sunday ,for a week. Is there any events during this time I should take a look at ?

Thanks alot!

Avi Ernst
avie is offline Find More Posts by avie
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:53 AM
Pylon freak
Rijnsburg,the Netherlands
Joined Jun 2000
376 Posts
Hi,

I believe the britisch national championships are going to take place very soon. Next weekend I believe.

You can see a lot of classes. From free flight to FAI pylon racing.

I'm afraid I don't know where the nationals are going to be held.

Greetings,

Paul Ravensbergen
Paulus is offline Find More Posts by Paulus
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:05 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Guys

The British Nationals are held on the weekend of 24th-26th August- that's the Bank Holiday weekend, so Monday is a holiday as well. They are held at RAF Barkston Heath in Lincolnshire, which is a fair way from London.

Details are posted on the BMFA website

http://www.bmfa.org/events/events2002.html

That page has listings of some of the events held in August- I don't know of any major shows next weekend in London but there will be a bunch of us up at Walsall in the West Midlands- a couple of hours from London by car, for the Greenacres MAC fly-in - that is a two day event on 17th and 18th August.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Aug 11, 2002, 12:20 PM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,398 Posts
Next week

I've had a look in the latest magazines and the British Model Flying Association newsletter, but there's not much advertised for next weekend. However you're in luck if you like vintage!

August 18th at Middle Wallop (I kid you not!) near Andover - a very large grassed airfield in the old tradition, used by the Army, and housing the Army Air Museum, used for Vintage of all types. It's a problem to get there if you have no transport, but if you are hiring a car it's within easy reach

The Nationals are at RAF Barkston Heath from 24 to 26 August. This is near Grantham in Lincolnshire, but is a fair distance from London - maybe around 100 miles? If you can get there, it's always a superb event - Saturday and Sunday are the best days, - Sunday morning has a large swapmeet which is worth taking spare cash to! Large trade area on all three days.

Anyone else know of anything ?

Tony
Tony Oliver is offline Find More Posts by Tony Oliver