HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike Seale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:09 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,061 Posts
Discussion
23rd August - Mike tests positive

Day three and we had two complete rounds with some excitement thrown in. The leg scores were down to sensible levels and the highest today was 48 from Heiko Greiner and possibly Guntmar too. Thomas did 47 in round two and he's just told me he missed the landing too (20pts vs. 30pts). So it will be really close tomorrow when we see the scores - best 4/5.

In round 1 Thomas was doing well, but perhaps a little slow, when it literally exploded on about the 7th climb. There was a huge bang and the wing popped off. The fuselage carried on and was found a long way off in the corn field. While the US team were looking for the model the Italians took to the air again. Alessandro Mossa's Avionik made a strange noise which we think was the prop de-pitching. He did a couple of legs at very slow speed and then switched on again which caused the nose to snap off.

The Brits had an indifferent day. Dave was flying his B model after yesterday's crash and managed 40 in round 4 and 41 in round 5. George got 39 in round 4 and 39 in round 5 but then tip-stalled flying too low and too slow on the duration task. I did 40 in round 4 and then learent how to fly faster and did 42 in round 5. Unfortunately I was then called in to the processing tent to have my model weighed and was shocked to find that it was overweight. The guys in the tent were really helpful and did all they could to measure and re-measure my model but it was too heavy and I will get a zero for round 5. Back home I weighed it and it was 2040g. Today it was 2079g I know where the weight has come from...I swapped the HM195 for a CC125 and the thicker and longer cables have added a lot. I also put on a landing spike which added maybe 10g - it all adds up. Anyway, this will be my discard round and I must now make sure that I make no more errors flying as well as spending time tonight cutting out some excess weight and adding tape to the trailing edge to increase wing area.
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Last edited by Mike Seale; Aug 23, 2006 at 04:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts