SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,385 Posts
Well I'm wanting to try this one but I'll wait for the slope glider kits to be availible to LHS's. It looks like a nice sized 38.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:17 PM
Things are looking up...
Orlando, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I too became an Early Bird when I was waiting .....waiting and waiting for the FORMOSA-II and then, I receive an e-mail from GWS at China saying that it would be $25.US for shipping!
Carlos,

When I see the price, plus shipping, I'll make the decision. Of course I prefer to spend my $$$ at Bob's (LHS), but I've never been on the wait for a GWS plane or taken the option for an Early Bird.

I'm just glad to see that after all the (sometimes amusing to read about) wait (and there is still some to go), once GWS got their factory up to speed in China, this baby popped out pretty quickly from prototype to production. This bodes well for the next models in line (come on Do-335!). It may be a very big year coming up for GWS.

Rick
mechrick is online now Find More Posts by mechrick
Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:29 PM
Semper Fi, Do or Die
Titusville, Fla
Joined Jan 2003
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechrick
Carlos,

When I see the price, plus shipping, I'll make the decision. Of course I prefer to spend my $$$ at Bob's (LHS), but I've never been on the wait for a GWS plane or taken the option for an Early Bird.

Rick
Where did Bob's get off to, last time I was there at Goldenrod and lake Underhill, they were gone.

BB
kscbob1 is offline Find More Posts by kscbob1
Old Aug 23, 2006, 01:44 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Rick,

Your post:
once GWS got their factory up to speed in China

That's the kicker.....this is what I keep seeing from Mr. Lin and others when I inquired about the FORMOSA-II and other items such as the EPS-600 & EPS-700's Power Systems that have never been talked about after two years!!!! GWS has really not improved any existing production that they have out there with the exception of the SLow Stick perhaps....the GWS Beaver could use a Full Wing Airfoil and at least one model could be made out of EPP foam.

I have given up with all the promises and certainly you can continue to dream and wait...wait...and wait but, I will be moving on.

BOB,

Bob Hobbies has moved about 2 miles North along Goldenrod Road and right next to U-Haul Truck Rental and the Left as you travel North along Goldenrod Road.

Hope this helps!

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:06 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
For example....I have not seen nor heard anything of this Brushless motor at my Hobby Store nor they have indicated that GWS has this in circulation as of yet?

Here's the post from the FORMOSA-II:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=99

Here's the GWS Website, I don't know if this is the same motor in geared form?
http://www.gws.com.tw/english/produc...r/gwblm005.htm

The wait is just killing GWS IMO!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:13 PM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
when can the early birds order it. I've got my credit card ready. I want the white no power system version
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul
Old Aug 23, 2006, 04:07 PM
FLY PEMBREY (PFC)
Wales (UK)
Joined Aug 2004
409 Posts
I must be mad ....but I still can't wait for this to hit my shores

I built my own because I could not wait....but I still want one from GWS

the pic of the fine young lady just looks amazing (planes ok too!)

any Dates Mr Lin...come on you've made me wait 3 years already...lol

Trev
milky2971 is offline Find More Posts by milky2971
Old Aug 23, 2006, 04:15 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Guapo I respect your views... but comon man, this is a happy time. They made an accomplishment here. Give'm some credit and not flack for once.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Aug 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
stride the skies
new zealand
Joined Jun 2006
10 Posts
guapo,,dude get over it! you sit there in yr chair picking out faults and undermining everything that is said , you have a chip on yr shoulder over the FORMOSA-II and it looks like you aint getting over it in a hurry either,,,then you go on to say about all the other models GWS has produced and contuine to pick faults again ,,,hey im all for constructive questions/answers but hey come on ,as mechrick said once they got up and running the new model was put togeather rather quick and out the door for inspection, do you really understand how much goes into the making of a new model????? not only is there planning and legal stuff to get ones head around theres also the tooling of machines ,setting up production lines and then marketing just to meation a few,,,, give the team at GWS a break and instead of picking faults all the time how about applying for a job there (mr lin has offered jobs ) and making a differance ,if you know so much about design faults etc,,,,,
well thats my 2 cents worth ,,,
good on ya GWS ,,keep up the great work ,some of us really appreate what you guys do ,,

thunder down under,,,
downunder bird is offline Find More Posts by downunder bird
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:22 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder bird
guapo,,dude get over it! you sit there in yr chair picking out faults and undermining everything that is said , you have a chip on yr shoulder over the FORMOSA-II and it looks like you aint getting over it in a hurry either,,,then you go on to say about all the other models GWS has produced and contuine to pick faults again ,,,hey im all for constructive questions/answers but hey come on ,as mechrick said once they got up and running the new model was put togeather rather quick and out the door for inspection, do you really understand how much goes into the making of a new model????? not only is there planning and legal stuff to get ones head around theres also the tooling of machines ,setting up production lines and then marketing just to meation a few,,,, give the team at GWS a break and instead of picking faults all the time how about applying for a job there (mr lin has offered jobs ) and making a differance ,if you know so much about design faults etc,,,,,
well thats my 2 cents worth ,,,
good on ya GWS ,,keep up the great work ,some of us really appreate what you guys do ,,

thunder down under,,,
Actually, I started my rant by saying that I am very greatful of GWS models as I started the hobby with two. Never said anything what I had to do to make em fly just right, now did I???

For the $$$ you bet these models are great and they are pretty easy to glue back together for those just starting out.

My views are questions for Mr. Lin and/or Ray and not you dear sir so, as you sit in your high chair please be talerant to those that are trying to point out a few things to GWS because we all care!

Stop addressing me!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
For example....I have not seen nor heard anything of this Brushless motor at my Hobby Store nor they have indicated that GWS has this in circulation as of yet?
Carlos, have you been over to Graves? I was by there in July when I was visiting my mother, and one of the guys there was doing extensive testing on the GWS BL motors. You really should check them out (on N OBT just north of Lee Rd).

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:46 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Carlos, have you been over to Graves? I was by there in July when I was visiting my mother, and one of the guys there was doing extensive testing on the GWS BL motors. You really should check them out (on N OBT just north of Lee Rd).

Pat
Pat,

Yes, I have looked but what they have are the smaller outrunners that everyone like to have for 3D. I am posing the question to Mr. Lin about the larger Inrunner with gearbox.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:47 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
OK, gotcha. Wasn't sure which motors you were referring to as you did not specify.
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:48 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Take a look at the individual Motor/ESC combo for each side here in this Glow-To-Electric Conversion Twin Star.

Notice carefully that the RC Flyer can start up one motor side independently at will.

For High Speed Internet Download: (VIDEO)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...hmentid=913392

EZone Review:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489099
Old Aug 23, 2006, 07:59 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Well done Ray - you finally made it!!!

If ever there was a post that should go in the GWS announcements sticky this is it but can I suggest you remind people that the sticky is an announcement, not a discussion, thread.

Two questions - is this the new foam and if so do you think it might be worth mentioning that as well. Presumably if you've used it you see marketing advantages in it?

Second and it may be a US term but I don't understand what RoHS means

Finally how soon can you post some video?
Hi Roger, for Sticky- I will check with Mike Heer about this. Foam -- I will check with GWS China Engineer about his matter.

I will try to get video and post here. Thanks.

about RoHS
The RoHS Directive stands for "the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment". This Directive bans the placing on the EU market of new electrical and electronic equipment containing more than agreed levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants.
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS