HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike Seale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:48 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,076 Posts
Discussion
22nd August

We had another slow day on the F5B flightline. At first there was water in the cables and then it was discovered that a dog had chewed through the base B cable. We eventually got going at 12.30, having been there since 8am in perfect weather. After completing round 2 we then flew round three and finished at about 5.30pm.

The sighting devices are now realigned and the base B man has also been changed. I think the scores you will see from now on are a truer reflection of how fast this years models are going. Forget the 53's from the Pitesti Cup. Best flight of the day was Thomas with 49. I think his closest rival was 47 but could be wrong. There was a lot of reprinting of the results as error after error was discovered. Also attached are some scores. Please accept that these are provisional at the moment because there were many errors noted as they were posted

The Brits had mixed results. George was slow with only 37, Dave crashed (RW2b tip stall exactly like mine), but I did 42. Out ranks are Mike 14th, George, 21st and Dave 25th. After round 4 we will take out a discard and then a few good pilots with one bad round will leapfrog us.
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Last edited by Mike Seale; Aug 22, 2006 at 12:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2006, 02:05 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,499 Posts
Thnx for the results Mike. Belgians seem to be doing ok. Dave will get a much worse result than in York it seems. Michel Uzan trying to repeat the York disaster?
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:33 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2003
762 Posts
usa

Hey mike how about some pics of the usa team!!!
PylonDave is offline Find More Posts by PylonDave