SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by mrm1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:43 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Rant
How Not to Do It

After a summer of destroying 2 other foam planes , I decided to order the parts to get the Great Planes U-Can-Do 3D foam back in the air. It had taken some abuse back in early summer and got stripped for parts and shelved. But it was always my favorite.

Got the few little parts in today and sat down at the bench to "Shoo-Goo" some wing and fuse breaks. Had to install a servo too.

The faithful Himax HC 2812-0850 had had a summer of abuse. It was in the foam Raven when the battery flew off in a flat spin about 50' up. Battery hit the paved runway, it was mangled. Plane and motor free fell and nosed in, but no damage to the motor. Now It was right at home again fitting nicely in the U-Can-Do.

After gluing the U-Can-Do back together and installing all electronics, It was ready to go .... but alas, it was now dark . What to do. Hmmm .... wife is in the shower Check out the Video.

Re-maiden U-Can-Do Flight

Mike
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Last edited by mrm1; Nov 20, 2007 at 05:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts