Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:24 PM
SW Missouri
Joined Aug 2006
216 Posts
Discussion
need help ! first-time heli setup , TAIL ?

ok i got my new HB cp2 and iam a newbie to heli r/c so , i read alot and cant firgure this one out ?

ok i try spooling up my heli and before it even begins to start to take off the tail just spins to the left like theres too much rpms , so i try turning the portion down and its all they way - and my trim is all they way left and i have to give it some left stick to make it stay put , i cant even lift of because when it gets lighter on the ground it wants to spin like a top ?

what do i do plz help ,

p.s also i unpluged the tail motor from the 4-1 and ian not sure if i have it pluged in right should the pos be on the same side as the main motor ? thanks
spllouder is offline Find More Posts by spllouder
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
It sounds like you have the tail motor plugged in backwards. Flip it around and try it. If you are standing on the right side of the heli, with the nose to your right (facing the tail blade) it should rotate counter-clockwise.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:36 PM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
Also, make sure your tail prop is on well. They come loose pretty easily.
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:55 PM
SW Missouri
Joined Aug 2006
216 Posts
i had motor plug in right . put the prop was on to tight i ease up on the fuel line thing and now i can full power up and tip toe and the tail stay put but i still have the trim all the way to the right , exactly what does the gyro do ? my tail does not twitch realy left and right just just souns like rpm move up and down a little tough ?

also what do i ajudst for gyro ? thanks for all the help
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:04 PM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
I've heard people set it up two ways.

If your trim is to the right..
UNPLUG BATTERY. (The 4-in-1 will make any changes unless you do so)
Center your trim.
Turn your proportional pot to the left a tiny bit.
Keep going until it is working well.

Once proportional is working, adjust gain.
Turn gain all the way up.
Keep turning down until it stops wagging or more if you like the tail less stiff.
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:14 PM
SW Missouri
Joined Aug 2006
216 Posts
got the tail pretty good now. got to hover it up and landed but landing on a old wire i dint see in the grass and smack my blades on the wire . dam , blades just have some nicks fixed with tape , but it fliped a blade overdo like both blades were pointing in the same direction . nothing broke thou , just flip it back over the linkage for the pitch adjusment and how they face the right way ,but now the blades track badly , i spool it up and blades are badley out of track ,

i tried adjusting the adjuster but wont help , blades seem still straght too . i get a alot of head wobble , is this from the blades out of track ?