HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2006, 05:47 PM
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Joined Jun 2004
585 Posts
Gallery
Just a bit of AP from my vacation to Colorado.

I just got back from Colorado. What a great trip! This was the first year that I brought a RC plane all the way up there. With four people and a dog in a pop-up camper, bringing a foam plane seems kinda crazy, but it wasn't too bad. I put a prop with 2 more inches of pitch on hoping to counter the thinner air. It worked perfectly. I started with a test flight, just to see how it flies higher up (9400 ft., 8400 ft. higher than where I normally fly). It flew better up there than it does down here! More power, equal runtimes and cooler motor temps.

I did get some good pics from that first test flight, but then things went wrong. I wanted to go down to the front of the resort/campground to take pictures from the front. Everthing was going nicely, untill it started raining (just like the mountains too). I brought it in from 150+ ft. as fast as I could hoping the ESC (providing BEC) would stay dry. The carnage wasn't really too bad just a broken off horizontal stabilizer, but we didn't have good enough pics to trade with the campground for free camping as we had hoped. It was still fun, and the damage was easily repairable.

The plane is a Magpie (the original one) with a Tower Pro BP-21 BL motor and an 8 cell battery. The camera is a Nikon CP 3700.
Crazyrcer is offline Find More Posts by Crazyrcer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
900 Posts
Glad that it all turned out OK in the end. I have taken some shots of campgrounds during my holiday in Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Yours looks a bit different in layout and lack of grass. Are they all like that?

Richard
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:54 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,399 Posts
Nice job! Too bad for the rain! I hope someday to be able to take a vaction and take a plane along! I know you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird