HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:40 AM
Joined Sep 2006
63 Posts
Thanks a lot!! Can't wait to start cutting tonight! Just hope I don't cut my thumb again like I did last week. Prop got me and ended up in emergency room! Rookie mistake... I know

Mark
thetriguy is offline Find More Posts by thetriguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:52 AM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Why are the plans so hard to get ....???? I keep getting a timed out ????
gpw is offline Find More Posts by gpw
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:13 AM
Launchpad McQuack
Netherlands, Moordrecht
Joined Sep 2004
1,132 Posts
@all: I'm very thrilled this plan finally gets the attention I had hoped for!

@Glen,

That's the first time I receive that complaint. The plans download fine on my PC. (But I'm not 7000km away from my server...)

If you PM me your mailadress, I will sent you the A0 and Letter sized plans personally.

Best regards,

Vincent
Prop-er is offline Find More Posts by Prop-er
Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2006
63 Posts
Build Question!

Good greif, this should be easy... I have the newbie blues. I can't figure the front of this thing out. According to the drawing, it looks like the point of the front fuse is in the middle of the round firewall... The whole front end, I'm just not sure what to join to what!!! I've attached a few pics! Please help, as this plane looks like it's going to be awesome! I haven't glued anything yet, just seeing how it will all go together. Hey Gene, I enclosed a pic of the plane I build from your plan. I flew it again in a very heavy wind today, it actually landed like a helicopter, just losing altitude (about an inch a second) without moving forward an inch. It was awesome! Check out how I did my landing gear!! I know, I increased the weight a lot, but man it works great!

Thanks,
Mark
Old Sep 24, 2006, 01:47 PM
Launchpad McQuack
Netherlands, Moordrecht
Joined Sep 2004
1,132 Posts
Mark,

I can't understand what your problem exactly is. Just tape to whole front fuse together to form a round nose. If the round firewall turns out to be too large, just cut to fit.

Now you can glue all parts together.

Maybe having a look at Gene's DDD pics make's things clear:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=18
Prop-er is offline Find More Posts by Prop-er
Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:54 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Prop-er .... over the years ,I've had to deal with all my Father in law's old Mac computers...Freebies... so I took them and learned to use em' .... unfortunately , they don't seem to translate well from PC ....and I miss out on stuff that will only come out as a bunch of symbols for me ...
but they almost never seem to break or crash , and only seem to screw(can I say that ?) UP when I'm getting PC stuff ....I'll try again , and If I fail , I'll mail you for your much appreciated plans... Thanks !!! GPW
Old Sep 24, 2006, 08:57 PM
Joined Sep 2006
63 Posts
I guess my question was do you glue the two bended pieces to each other, or do you glue them to the angled part of the front of the fuselage? That is what I am struggling with. I just drove to Atlanta today from VA, so I'm not in front of my plane. It appears looking at Gene's plane that they glue to the fuse, because I think I can barely see a two glue joints per side... is this right? I can't wait to fly this thing!

Thanks,
Mark
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:37 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Yes, the top and bottom glue to the triangular sides, to form the conical nose. Looks like you've got it.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:33 PM
Joined Sep 2006
63 Posts
Thanks Gene! I guess not being able to figure it out is a testament to your building skills! You did such a nice job it looks like one molded piece of foam!!

Mark
Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:22 PM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
Mark, there is good explanation to why Gene's nose looks like one piece for good reason. He has discovered that one should use only a little bit of glue. If you see it pouring out from seams of joints then you have used too much glue.
This lessen could be learned by more and more people. If Gene had too much glue you would easily see where to glue it yourself.

Excess glue equals excess weight. You don't want excess weight.

Robert
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin
Old Sep 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
If it ain't broke...break it!
South Coast, UK
Joined Jun 2006
912 Posts
Quick question on gear placement. Is the ESC buried in the nose, or in the main compartment with extensions to the motor? Just thought I'd ask before I got carried away and glued the nose up. Makes a change to finding the ESC leads aren't long enough later. Must be getting older and wiser
Hangtight is offline Find More Posts by Hangtight
Old Sep 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Prop-er .... over the years ,I've had to deal with all my Father in law's old Mac computers...Freebies... so I took them and learned to use em' .... unfortunately , they don't seem to translate well from PC ....and I miss out on stuff that will only come out as a bunch of symbols for me ...
but they almost never seem to break or crash , and only seem to screw(can I say that ?) UP when I'm getting PC stuff ....I'll try again , and If I fail , I'll mail you for your much appreciated plans... Thanks !!! GPW

Sorry... I missed this... You should've said something though! I could've brought plans over today. Well, you'll read this tomorrow... Call me when you're coming back from the guitar shop. Maybe we can do lunch or something... I have your set of the plans printing out on cardstock now.

-mike s.
msmith is offline Find More Posts by msmith
Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:27 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
HT: I just use the leads on the esc and motor the way they come, with a 4 pin Deans mini (3 of the 4 pins are symetrical, so reversing rotation is easy). If I need an extension, I try to only do it on the rx connector.

My esc is right about the back of the front former (which is wide open through the center, now)... <<<<<-----Forgot whether I mentioned that, Prop-er.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:04 PM
If it ain't broke...break it!
South Coast, UK
Joined Jun 2006
912 Posts
I'm one for soldering the ESC direct to the motor leads. I sometimes fool myself that it's to save weight, but mainly it's because I'm too tight to buy connectors
I've read else where that extending motor leads a little is ok, but I think I might just open the bulkhead as suggested and velcro the ESC in the nose. Keyhole surgery will be required as I regressed from 'older and wiser' to really wanting to stick it together. Looking forward to seeing my first attempt at bending Depron emerge from under the masking tape in the morning!
Hangtight is offline Find More Posts by Hangtight
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:59 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Tried to get the plans ... kept getting Gateway timed out , after ten seconds ????? Thanks MS !!! CU later... Can't wait to try this plane out .... now all I need to find is a cornfield