HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrimley View Post
.... This time I will put 1/2 KF airfoil on the top wing, smaller prop an lighter battery and see if I can slow it down a bit... and hope the videotographer can keep up...
Welcome to RC Groups! I would recommend going with the smaller prop. I used a 1300mAh 3s battery in my DD and had to add a little bit of weight to the front to get it to balance. I really need to build another one. I added a more powerful motor to mine and it ripped one of the control horns out of the foam and the plane was destroyed.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:46 AM
Россия
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Hi, folks. i'm sorry for my English. It's my first post on this forum. So, today i've tried my DDD20 in action and it was amazing. The plane is controllable in flight and eazy during assembling (my version of DDD has not canopy...i'm too lazy after NY vacation))). The details are: motor 2205 1400kv like this, ESK 18-20A from HK also, accu 2s 1000mA, prop 7x6, servos are HTX 9gr . The fuse and other stuff has been made from...OMG)))... from foam ceiling cells (they has thkhness 5mm). The glue that i used is UHU Por. My plane has landing gear (ceiling cells too...epoxy...threads...plastic cappilar... knitting-pin). Painted by acryllic paint. It's my third plane and I crashed it in first flight. The reason is mistake during "flight to operator" ( too stupid i know)). Minus upper wing. BTW several drops of glue had solved the matter)). Regards, Logoff
Logoff is offline Find More Posts by Logoff
Last edited by Logoff; Jan 09, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:37 PM
Montville Queensland Australia
Joined Jul 2005
142 Posts
Still going strong

I first posted on this site at post 357 with pics of a freshly made aircraft.
That aircraft is still flying with all the original gear. It does not look as tidy as the pics indicate as it has had its share of arrivals and arguments with trees.
I was going to use 3 cell lipos but it is great as is. You get some smart remarks at flydays but soon changes when it is in the air. They then want know where to get the plans.. Thanks prop-er for a great design.

Fritz2460
fritz2460 is offline Find More Posts by fritz2460
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
Россия
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
today was little bit windy, but i flew anyway. i've made blue stripes on lower surfases of wings (for best recognizing in da sky). so, it really helps. but i've found another matter - DOGS. that f dogs which rolling around and wanna chew my DDD

PS. in Russia now is very snowy and i broke the landing gear during the landing in da snow. also, i goin' to try 7x3.5 prop- 7x6 makes DDD so fast for slowpokes like me
Logoff is offline Find More Posts by Logoff
Last edited by Logoff; Jan 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
677 Posts
I know that it states this on the plans and it has probably been discussed but when you go to have the full size plans printed out don't let them modify the print settings in any way. Tell them to select the A0 setting only and hit print otherwise the plans will not scale properly.
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old May 20, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Oct 2009
1,038 Posts
Double duplex build and a few other s

I haven't been on here for awhile,,
so here's some
up dated utube stuff,enjoy.
Later,
Lenny

SURFER, DOUBLE-DUPLEX ,2 FIGHTER JETS....wmv (3 min 30 sec)
lennyboy is offline Find More Posts by lennyboy
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
Burnham Beeches, UK
Joined Nov 2007
6 Posts
form delta

Hi i have just downloed the plans i am new to this please help i will try to take some pic but will go back to the beging
yougmistergrac is offline Find More Posts by yougmistergrac
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:43 AM
The Netherlands, OV, Vriezenveen
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Hi y'all,

My first post here...just wanted to say that this plane is AWESOME! I build mine in a couple of hours from 5mm hard black foamboard (the one that doesn't bend...).

Here are some video's of the first couple of flights:
Custom build RC plane - Duplex Delta - Another throw (2 min 0 sec)

Custom build RC plane - Duplex Delta (1 min 47 sec)

In the end I crash it where the propeller snapped...but that's easily fixed. It'll be back in the air soon, and I'm going to add some red stickering to it

I'll post up some pics of my build, since I had to modify a few things because I'm using hard foamboard
b03tz is offline Find More Posts by b03tz
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:27 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2004
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b03tz View Post

I'll post up some pics of my build, since I had to modify a few things because I'm using hard foamboard

Hi b03, welcome on board.
Can you tell us about the power plant you used ??

P.S.: My compliment for the maiden flights videos ....

Franky
frankyfly is offline Find More Posts by frankyfly
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Thanks alot!

I will post up the specs of the electronics used:

The plane is running on a 3S 850mah LiPo. Im using a 30A ESC and a Fusion 2829/10 outrunner motor. Its 1210kv....for me the plane is pretty quick. I am using a 6x4 prop. I noticed its still a little tail heavy, but thats easy to fix.

It handles wind better then my AS3X stabilized Eflite Mig and it also seems a little faster...

I am thinking of building myself a 10" version for indoor use and low wind flying. Using a 2S lipo and a smaller engine I think it should be possible.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
As promised...some pics of the build.

The wire is to save my prop from breaking and the nose is like this because I broke it.in a crash. It is able to withstand more impact now since it can distribute the force better.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
So like I said...I build this thing a little brother...a 12" version, maiden flight will be tomorrow.

Electronics was a pretty tight fit...I know it's overkill but this is what I had laying around....
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:19 AM
newbee, that is on 18-08-2012
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
Hey there you all

Thanks for some great idea's here on these pages. I'm in the middle of my (re)-exam period but when that is done, I will start building this great design, will be the first build to finish (allready working on a balsa guillows spitfire with sorts of modifications) and this seems like a good start with won't trouble me so much when i let it crash. which i'm realistic will happen as i only flew simulators for now which well keeps crashing also...

but oke so that's waht will happen in the future. but for now my mind won't stop thinking about the building part. and I have some modifications in mind. as it's a double wing with inverted topwing i feel like the tail is sticking out. So i'm thinking about making it stick up less to the top but also to the bottom to make it symmetrical and ofcourse make it an active rudder

besides that... doeshe anyone know if someone ever experimented with a rudder that has it pivit point in its middle axis instead of the edge (ehhh like a 'revolving door' (not fully revolving ofcourse) instead of 'normal door' like) this way it also captures the air from the other side of the rubber pushing it to the other side.
i'm wundering.....

also I'm thinking about using eeehhh sort of slider thinks at top and bottom instead of wheels
so it can belly / back land... just to keep the symmetrical idea at it's max.

can somebody comment on that. like on the degree of stupidity scale?

greatings matt with double reasons why he wishes the exams where done...
spikey1973 is offline Find More Posts by spikey1973
Last edited by spikey1973; Aug 19, 2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: wasn't finished :p
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
This is a great model to build...you wont regret it.

As for the revolving door rudder...I doubt if the performance gain (if there is any at all) will be worth the hassle of creating a system like that.

As long as the rudder has the same surface area I dont see a reason why this would be better. Instead of pushing the plane 100% from one side...it would be pushing 50 and pulling 50. If you are just doing this for fun...then I dont see why not.

Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:44 AM
newbee, that is on 18-08-2012
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
It's all about the fun of building ofcourse

but i'm gonna think i'll make it interchangeable... tot see if your assumptions are right about no difference. this way I can see the difference.

When i made them i will post pictures / results.. but as i said. don't hold your breath... just yet.

2B continued.
spikey1973 is offline Find More Posts by spikey1973