HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2006, 08:55 AM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,968 Posts
Discussion
WARNING Don't buy from Aeroacemods.com

I read so many good things about the Airhogs Aero Ace bipe that I had to have one. I ordered it on line from Aeroacemods.com. One of the motors was weak right out of the box. It would not stay in the air for more than a few seconds. I tried tweaking and adjusting with no luck. One of the motors sounded sick. So I figured Aeroacemods.com company would make it right. WRONG... They will not even respond to any of my e-mails and phone calls. They do sell parts but I certainly hate replacing parts that were not right from the get go.. To my way of thinking, they are running a scam. Avoid this company! RCNutt
rcnutt is offline Find More Posts by rcnutt
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2006, 09:10 AM
USA, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2004
681 Posts
Why would you order one? Wally world,target & TRU has then by the dozen??Just take it back to one of the above mentioned places and swap it out.
nstaller is offline Find More Posts by nstaller
Old Aug 19, 2006, 04:19 PM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,968 Posts
Good idea. I had thought of doing just that. But my town (Richmond, Indiana) has none of those stores. We had a Target but it went under. Walmart had some Airhogs products but no Aero Ace.I wish I could have bought one locally. It might have been different if I had flown the plane a couple of weeks before the motor or transistor or whatever went bad but I never got a single whole flight out of it. I had hoped the company was responsible. They are not! I might try and replace the bad transistor if it is possible. But no one has come forth to put on an enlarged picture. I haven't had the controller out of it so I may change my mind when I see how small things are. I have just learned an important lesson. Only deal with well known companies with a return policy that works! RCNutt
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:05 PM
United States, KS, Coffeyville
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Surely there is a Wal-Mart nearby somehwere that has stock of the AA's. Forget Target or Toy's R Us as with no receipt they will not take ANY returns at all for any reason...Sorry to hear about the problem with this site though, as I had intended on ordering a new AA tail set from them...Guess that's out now...Good luck...
Snooptalian is offline Find More Posts by Snooptalian
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Even if you're Wal-Mart doesn't have the AA's in stock, you could still return it saying you got it at a different Wally's and they will just give you a gift card for the $30. They will simply return the bad AA to Air Hogss for their refund, and while you may not have an Aero Ace then, at least you would have your money back...Use that money on the new XPV by Jakks Pacific, now available at Walmart (I just bought one there myself)...

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:30 PM
Joined Nov 2005
146 Posts
I almost did the same thing... no AAs down this way for ages.. looking in all the toy stores etc then I sent an enquiry to aeroacemods about using western union to get one.. they replied saying they'd look into it.. dunno. must have been too hard for them to goto the local newsagent to get the money and send overseas a package.. so I was never replied too

THANKFULLY weeks after I wondered into a little known toys R us store in the middle of an industrial estate here and asked.. .they didnt have any.. "but we have a biplane" which turned out to be an Xtwin

im on my 5th Xtwin now.. biplane, biplane.. eagle sports, fury avanti airliner, and finally again.. a biplane (after returning 2 defective monowings)

paydays coming soon. and I just might give them monowings a go..

moral of the story really should be that I think aeroacemods were set up to make a quick dollar and cashin on the aero ace/xtwin popularity.. there mods are overpriced too and ive seen alot of people not like them..

ive returned 3 Xtwins to my local toys R us.. and got my money back on 1 occasion.. and straight swapped the other 2 with NO fuss at all.. buying local might be a trip and a half to find or get to.. but in the long run. its the best for these little foam R/C things.. the quality control isnt the best and you dont want to be returning something hundreds or thousands of miles for a refund... which is exactly why however long it is.. im waiting for the piccoz/Gyrotor helicopters to come into australia and not buy from overseas..

anything else I would.. but these dime a dozen foam jobs i'd seriously only buy locally
Captain Fry is offline Find More Posts by Captain Fry
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:54 PM
York, ne
Joined Feb 2005
599 Posts
Also, keep in mind that Spinmaster does have a warranty on these products. I've dealt with them, they are very friendly. (taking a few weeks to get a replacement, but hey . . )

Also, regarding the XPV (I know, slightly off subject. . )

I'd double check the specs before purchasing. It's 50 bux and has only (as I remember) forward / backward and left / right. Takeoff is acheived by getting up enough speed. Battery has to be purchased seperately, just like the storm laucher. For 30 extra dollars (Storm Launcher) you get an extra channel (up / down) and much more control. MHO, YMMV.

Personally, I'd rather buy 3 AA Bipes.
melcrose is offline Find More Posts by melcrose
Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:39 AM
Oceanside CA
Joined Dec 2004
4,046 Posts
Err.. Mr. Topic creator, how about you think before you post? It isn't as if aeroacemods purposefully sends you the wrong plane. You can pick up a "dud" plane anywhere. How about you cool down and think about it before posting bad things about a website. I really hope you don't think aeroacemods.com goes through every box to send the one with the bad motor to you. Stop being so self centered.
Mr. Innocent is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Innocent
Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:50 AM
Is he really fat??
Miami, FL
Joined Jun 2006
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Innocent
Err.. Mr. Topic creator, how about you think before you post? It isn't as if aeroacemods purposefully sends you the wrong plane. You can pick up a "dud" plane anywhere. How about you cool down and think about it before posting bad things about a website. I really hope you don't think aeroacemods.com goes through every box to send the one with the bad motor to you. Stop being so self centered.
The problem is not that they sent him a dud. Which I agree is understandable. What isn't understandable is why they do not respond to him, it could be they don't want to lose money and have to replace yet another plane, or maybe they just haven't seen or gotten to his emails yet. What ever the reason, I hope RCnutt can resolve this, either through airhogs or through aeroacemods.com. Also if this website isn't taking responisblity in replacing duds, RCnutt has more then a right to make a thread and let people know about it.
t00fatt is offline Find More Posts by t00fatt
Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:10 AM
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Mr. Innocent:

What's the guy suppossed to do? He bought a defective product and apparently has no way to get it exchanged. Seems like a logical and perfectly sound gripe to me. Nobody said they purposely sent him a "dud", but the fact remains that is exactly what he got, and he has every right to expect a return or even exchange...If a place will not honor that basic customer service then I for one am glad to be warned away from them. You think he should be out the cash he spent on the defective AA just because they did not purposely sell him one in that condition? Last time I checked stores usually back up their products, unless they say all sales final, in which case I would never deal with them...I have a feeling you would feel a little different if you were the one who bought the bad plane and had no recourse to get another from the place you got it... Maybe it is you who should "think before you post"... Your post almost sounds as though you some affiliation with the Aeroacemods site...
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:17 AM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,968 Posts
I'm sorry if I sound like a complainer. They have had plenty of time to respond but did not.The fact is this company is just in it for the quick "Buck" I for one don't want to deal with any company that won't even RESPOND to e-mails or phone calls. They have no interest in modelers or flyers, just the "almighty" dollar. If they would have said no returns on their site then I could understand and I would just eat the loss. Even if they would have e-mailed me and said sorry no returns, I would have felt better about it then just being blown off. I have had such good luck ordering on line that I just wasn't worried. I did not notice the fact that they are operating out of a "suite".Until after I had ordered it. This should be a red flag to all. This warning isn't meant to sound like sour grapes but I just don't want anyone else to get burnt be these shysters! Thanx to all who wrote in. RCNutt
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:29 PM
United States, NC, Fuquay-Varina
Joined Mar 2006
123 Posts
I recently spent about ~$150 with AAMods.. I recieved my product after about 2 weeks.. but they NEVER responded to a single email or voicemail when I was trying to find out where my order was. (2 weeks is too long!)

To this day, they STILL haven't responded and it's been about 4 weeks total now.... as I said in another thread, Customer Service is a LARGE part of running a business.. and AAMods doesn't have any customer service at all.. at least in my _experience_.

-jbl
jasonbrent is offline Find More Posts by jasonbrent
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:48 PM
These are always too shor
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Jul 2006
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian
...Use that money on the new XPV by Jakks Pacific, now available at Walmart (I just bought one there myself)...

Don't buy this. It is not worth the twenty you have to spend on the battery/charger alone.
dentedvw is offline Find More Posts by dentedvw
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
Joined Dec 2005
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutt
I read so many good things about the Airhogs Aero Ace bipe that I had to have one. I ordered it on line from Aeroacemods.com. One of the motors was weak right out of the box. It would not stay in the air for more than a few seconds. I tried tweaking and adjusting with no luck. One of the motors sounded sick. So I figured Aeroacemods.com company would make it right. WRONG... They will not even respond to any of my e-mails and phone calls. They do sell parts but I certainly hate replacing parts that were not right from the get go.. To my way of thinking, they are running a scam. Avoid this company! RCNutt

RCNUTT, This is Mac from aeroacemods.com. I am sorry that we have not responded to your email. We have had some technical issues that have been making it very difficult to track emails. We have now gone away from our automated email system and are back to a simple system that is allowing us to catch up the the 100+ emails that come in per week.

Lets take care of your plane. Do you have an order number or a last name (send it to me with a private message on this forum.)

All - We have shipped hundreds of AERO ACES to many satisfied customers. We have been busier than expected this summer and responding to all the emails is something that we are working on. I assure all of you that we are in it for the almighty buck (or we wouldn't be doing it), but we do want to provide a great product and service you can not get from Toys R Us or Wall mart.

We don't expect any of you to order from us, but we do expect you to be happy with your order! RCNUTT, Private message me and we can take care of a replacement or a refund. Sorry that we didn't get to this sooner.

Mac M.
mmcclain is offline Find More Posts by mmcclain
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
United States, NC, Fuquay-Varina
Joined Mar 2006
123 Posts
Mac, Did you have technical issues with your Telephone system also? .. Or on the forums at RCUniverse? How about the voicemail that answers your telephone?

-jbl
jasonbrent is offline Find More Posts by jasonbrent
Last edited by jasonbrent; Aug 20, 2006 at 09:25 PM.