HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:14 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
82 Posts
Discussion
Buying a Jetjoe turbine

Help please,
I just want to buy a Jetjoe turbine kit. I've tried their web site with no luck. They didn't answer. Please could anyone that bought from these guys, tell me how to do it? Any details, most grateful. Thanks. Richard.
jet-mad is offline Find More Posts by jet-mad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2006, 08:42 PM
Joined May 2004
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-mad
Help please,
I just want to buy a Jetjoe turbine kit. I've tried their web site with no luck. They didn't answer. Please could anyone that bought from these guys, tell me how to do it? Any details, most grateful. Thanks. Richard.
For a few bucks more I'd get a Wren 54MK3 kit and have a quality turbine.

Dave
HobbyCNC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCNC
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:13 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
82 Posts
Far too expensive Dave, and I don't need 'supa-doopa' quality. Thanks anyway.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:55 PM
Joined May 2004
603 Posts
Quote:
Far too expensive Dave, and I don't need 'supa-doopa' quality. Thanks anyway.
Wish you luck!

Dave
HobbyCNC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCNC
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:56 AM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
Quote:
Help please,
Hi Richard,

Please contact support@jetjoe or I can sell you one I am a dealer for Jetjoe fernandoabasolo@yahoo.com

Regards,

Fernando
AirbusPilot is offline Find More Posts by AirbusPilot
Old Aug 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
82 Posts
Hi Fernando,
Well... it looks like no one has bought a Jetjoe turbine !. Yes, I've already sent emails to 'support'...no answers from them. I don't mind buying from you or anyone that can sell me a kit. Thanks. Richard.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:54 PM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
Quote:
Hi Fernando,
Well... it looks like no one has bought a Jetjoe turbine !. Yes, I've already sent emails to 'support'...no answers from them. I don't mind buying from you or anyone that can sell me a kit. Thanks. Richard.
Just send me an email and I will make the sell to you, I will accept paypal fernandoabasolo@yahoo.com

Here is a video of my yellow Stingray powered by a JJ-1400
Yellow Aircraft Stingray (1 min 30 sec)
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:33 PM
Northern IL/ Southern WI
Joined Jul 2004
588 Posts
I too am having the same problem. Ive been trying to contact jetjoe for over a month now. Is the company in good standing or are things getting shaky. It's very odd that their not returning e-mails, purchase requests or phone calls. I'd like to deal with jetjoe direct... Any ideas?

What's going on?
motorbikemike is offline Find More Posts by motorbikemike
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:31 AM
S. Cal.
Joined Feb 2006
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbikemike
I too am having the same problem. Ive been trying to contact jetjoe for over a month now. Is the company in good standing or are things getting shaky. It's very odd that their not returning e-mails, purchase requests or phone calls. I'd like to deal with jetjoe direct... Any ideas?

What's going on?

Well... Depending on the type of ejection seat your sitting in I think it would be wise to reach over your head and pull the two yellow loops down and cover you face with canvas or grab the two red handels on each side of you knees and hang on!

EJECT!!! EJECT!!!! EJECT!!!!!
J Klenske is offline Find More Posts by J Klenske
Old Aug 30, 2006, 03:41 AM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
541 Posts
Quote:
Help please,
Hi Richard, Well I dont want to sound negative about Jet Joe, but IMHO I would also recommend considering other options, just my opinion like I say and speaking from personal experiance with variety of turbine brands over the last 8 years... with JJ's people have had various level of success? getting these to run reliably OR to manufacturers specification so that said if $$ cost is your deal breaker, yes JJ or maybe even seriously worth considering shopping for a second hand turbine could be the go! ... Quality wise Wren are at the top of small engine class as far as reliabilty and performance as fasr as Iam conserned, Artes or Jet Central offer the Super Bee 14 lb thrust and are similar to Wren quality wise, both of these brands offer great back up after sales service and are well proven performers that deliver performance as advertised or better. The other bonus is Wren, Artes can offer local Australian service support, Iam not sure about the service situation locally for JetCat and Simjet but thats very important for me when choosing any turbine...

So where do you fly in Sydney anyway, just curious as Iam local also.....
Marty C... is offline Find More Posts by Marty C...
Old Aug 30, 2006, 04:14 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Mar 2005
924 Posts
Are not Jet Joes also sold as Jet Lucky Turbines (JLT)? If so they are available from any Australian model shop that deals with Model Engines and that means most of them.

For what it's worth a member in my club has one. It's fitted to a Baby Boomerang and performance is unspectacular. It took a lot of fiddling to get it to this stage, definately not plug & play! He is sorry he did not take our advice & buy a better quality turbine and has just ordered a Jetcat P-70. - John.
Boomerang1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomerang1
Old Aug 30, 2006, 06:54 AM
Burnin Kero & Diesel Downunder
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang1
Are not Jet Joes also sold as Jet Lucky Turbines (JLT)? If so they are available from any Australian model shop that deals with Model Engines and that means most of them.

For what it's worth a member in my club has one. It's fitted to a Baby Boomerang and performance is unspectacular. It took a lot of fiddling to get it to this stage, definately not plug & play! He is sorry he did not take our advice & buy a better quality turbine and has just ordered a Jetcat P-70. - John.
Good point re- JLT, I wonder are they offering local service support also ?
Marty C... is offline Find More Posts by Marty C...
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:24 PM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
My opinion is that jetjoe turbines two year ago wasnt ready to sell, but now they are. the only bad thing is that they dont have a good or any instruction manual, but i am pretty sure that someone that have owned a turbine engine before could make it run.

Here is a link of my YA Stingray flying with a JJ-1400, I will install a second JJ-1400 on a YA F-18 Single and I will install a JJ-1800 when ready in a Jetlegend F-15.

Yellow Aircraft Stingray (1 min 30 sec)
Old Sep 02, 2006, 06:14 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Mar 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
I wonder are they offering local service support also ?
Um.....Er......... well someone said that someone else said that they know this guy that.........

But, having said that, how do you define 'local support & service'? Is having a dealer 3000 km away on the other side of the country who has a post office down the street to send an engine to Europe a qualification for 'local support & service'? Is a stock of a few common 'replace them yourself' spares good enough? Or should he have the equipment & expertise to rebuild, balance & test run all in house? Still, is there a huge difference between putting an engine back in a box & sending it to the other side of Sydney and putting an engine back in the box & sending it to Europe these days?

Can say this though, it helps a lot if you speak a language I understand & reply to any communications sent, which the manufacturers of my turbine do absolutely without fault. Would be nice to get some cakes though! - John.
Boomerang1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomerang1
Last edited by Boomerang1; Sep 02, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2006, 12:47 AM
Tulsa Int, Oklahoma, United States
Joined Oct 2003
256 Posts
There was a post on another forum of a U.S. dealer. Check out his page at jetjoeus.com
wildnloose is online now Find More Posts by wildnloose