HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2008, 06:45 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,608 Posts
Nope. Already tried contacting Nichimo as well as through Hobby Japan where I've bought several Nichimo kits. HJ advised Nichimo won't part out kits, hence my attempt to buy from Voyage Model & that went nowhere with their supposed exclusive dealer in Japan.

Don at Loyalhanna has been trying to get VM to sell him parts & fittings - you could try him as well contact the few US retailers who still sell Nichimo in the off-chance they have a damaged kit in stock.

Chuck
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2008, 09:22 AM
ir3
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
291 Posts
Well, this model is being portrayed as being refitted from the 1944 to the 1945 version in the shipyard. So, if any guns are missing they just havn't been reinstalled yet. I will continue checking around. I might build one or two of the GPM triples a week. That is about all my nerves can stand.

Thanks,

IR3
ir3 is offline Find More Posts by ir3
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
Joined Apr 2007
148 Posts
New Battle Photos - Musashi and Yamato

Hi folks and Happy Holidays! I have just updated my Yamato/Musashi photo library by adding several DOZEN never-before-seen archive BATTLE photos of both Yamato and Musashi in their final battles.

I think you'll enjoy looking at them.

Thanks!

The link: http://ultimatebattleshipyamatosite....imate_battles/
Bucketfoot-Al is offline Find More Posts by Bucketfoot-Al
Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:59 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Just came across your models last week greenseaships. Friggin fantastic! I love the fact they`re made with cardboard and whatever else you recycle. That is so cool! who says models need to be made strictly out of plastic and wood? I am inspired. Bigger is definately better!! Woo Hoo!!! I look forward to watching your next build. Enjoy your flying. Merry X-Mas
Willj is offline Find More Posts by Willj
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:39 AM
Joined Aug 2006
19 Posts
Greenseaships,
I also have admired your work for some time and the inovative methods you have developed of using cardboard for ship construction. And now I see that you are into RC airplanes. I am a lifelong model airplane builder and flyer and for the past 30 years I have used cardboard for my basic building material. The photos show my latest design, a 60" wingspan control-line Piper Pawnee. Seems like you can build good looking ships and airplanes using cardboard! What next, I wonder.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you could extend your use of cardboard to model airplanes as well. To see both RC & CL airplane construction methods, go to my website at http://home.earthlink.net/~charlesfelton .

Chuck Felton
Cfelton is offline Find More Posts by Cfelton
Old Dec 27, 2008, 09:05 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
is that a agrimaster plane?
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Dec 27, 2008, 02:51 PM
Joined Aug 2006
19 Posts
Ghost,
Not familiar with the term agrimaster. But the Piper Pawnee is a crop duster and also used for towing sail planes. It has the distinctive large wrap-around cockpit for good visibility and large wing area for good low speed characteristics. Did I answer your question?
Chuck
Old Dec 27, 2008, 05:36 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
yep, thats pretty much bagged it
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:01 AM
Registered Airplane Offender
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfelton
Greenseaships,
I also have admired your work for some time and the inovative methods you have developed of using cardboard for ship construction. And now I see that you are into RC airplanes. I am a lifelong model airplane builder and flyer and for the past 30 years I have used cardboard for my basic building material. The photos show my latest design, a 60" wingspan control-line Piper Pawnee. Seems like you can build good looking ships and airplanes using cardboard! What next, I wonder.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you could extend your use of cardboard to model airplanes as well. To see both RC & CL airplane construction methods, go to my website at http://home.earthlink.net/~charlesfelton .

Chuck Felton
Chuck, that is outstanding work! WOW! I recently began using fan fold foam for my aircraft, but I use the same techniques for construction. I combine them with foam and sanding to create the look I am striving for. My first attempt, the Heinkel 70 was pretty boxy in shape compared with the real thing, but my current B-24 bomber is looking much better.

Your stuff, especially after it's painted, looks absolutely kit-like! Good job!

Barrett
greenseaships is online now Find More Posts by greenseaships
Old Dec 29, 2008, 01:44 PM
Joined Aug 2006
19 Posts
Thanks Barrett. I'm always amazed at the good looking models people build using inexpensive materials like cardboard, coroplast and fan fold foam. Your Liberator already has that scale look to it! And the fact that you can build a fuselage or wing from a few large pieces sure cuts he building time. The photos of my 72" wingspan Junkers W33 Transport show how easy it is to make odd shaped wings from a single piece of cardboard folded over at the leading edge. Simple and quick.

Your Liberator looks so good that I might have to get some fan fold foam and do some experimenting of my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

Chuck Felton