HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2006, 09:17 PM
Registered Airplane Offender
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
5,100 Posts
I have now linked this forum with the website, so there is now a forum for the site. On the main page, click on "Yamato forum" and click on the link on the next page, and it takes you here!

Barrett
greenseaships is online now Find More Posts by greenseaships
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2006, 09:24 PM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,605 Posts
Have you also thought about using a forum service like Proboards? http://www.proboards.com/index.html It is free and you can assign member names and stuff like that. Might be good to have around, Just a thought.

Massey

P.S. Keep a link to this forum as well if you go to the other.
Massey is offline Find More Posts by Massey
Old Sep 09, 2006, 09:37 PM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
5,100 Posts
Well, since this thread has turned into a wider discussion about Yamatos, I would like to just keep this thread for the site forum. If there are any problems, I will take the other route. Thanks!

Barrett
Old Sep 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
d'ya think ya thread has been hyjacked? lol
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:00 PM
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
just a technical note, massey, your Tamiya kit is as she was in 1945, the older Nichimo kits dates her around 1943 / 44, note the 6 extra side turrets on the tamiya kit compared to the Nichimo kit
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:17 PM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,605 Posts
I knew about the Tamyia kits year and thank you for the update on the Nichimo kit. I did notice the pics were a little different than my Tamyia but could not get a good enough look to tell what. Did the Musashi ever recieve the 6 AA guns that the Yamato had on each side? I usually only ever see the one big one there.

Massey
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
no I dont think Musashi was fitted with them, i think she sunk before they were installed on yamato.

everytime yamato was upgraded, musashi was also upgraded, and vise versa, however musashi sunk. it is for this reason that the Nichimo kit could be modelled as the Musahsi.

I wander if someone built the Shinano, it would be permitted in the IYMO site, as Shinano was the third ship in the yamato class, but converted to a flat top during construction.

I plan to do a Yamato kit as a "what if", modernizing her to somewhere around 1980s, by adding cruise missile launchers and turning the fantail into a helipad.

that is for next year probably
Last edited by Ghost 2501; Sep 10, 2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:47 PM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
5,100 Posts
AAAAAAARGH beat me to it!

Yeah, I have also thought of a 21st Century Yamato but I didn't think of the helipad.

After careful consideration, I agree that the Shinano should be allowed onto IYOA. It should make for some interesting entries.

I have an awesome idea for a Yamato-class special conversion that I don't think anyone has ever done...
Barrett
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:50 PM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
5,100 Posts
Space Battleship...Musashi?

Okay, here it is. After the Musashi is completed, I plan to make extensions and removable componants for my ship so that she can be converted into a water-bourne "Space Battleship Yamato".

Imagine the SBY cruising around the lake to the theme from the T.V. show...

Barrett
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenseaships
Yeah, I have also thought of a 21st Century Yamato but I didn't think of the helipad.

After careful consideration, I agree that the Shinano should be allowed onto IYOA. It should make for some interesting entries.

I have an awesome idea for a Yamato-class special conversion that I don't think anyone has ever done... I want to be the first.

Barrett
perhaps a submarine internals and the body resembling the one out of star blazers?? oh barret, there is an e-mail waiting for you, regarding my page of the IYOA it should have a background of my own ship on it
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
also when i get around to it, I will get the career sumaries of the class sorted out for ya
Old Sep 10, 2006, 06:41 PM
Drydock Captian
Spanaway, WA
Joined Jul 2006
1,605 Posts
Musashi Photos

I was doing a little searching around and ran across some photos of Musashi. I thought you all would like to see them and Barret may find the aerial view useful for his model.

Massey
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:10 PM
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
5,100 Posts
Massey

Thanks for those pics, Massey! I am examining the middle pic very carefully for my own Moose. That's a great aerial. Never seen it before.

Barrett
Old Sep 11, 2006, 01:41 PM
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
Barrett, get the book "The battleship Yamato" by Janusz Skulski, as it gives VERY DETAILED information on the yamato / musashi