HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2006, 06:37 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,328 Posts
How are the wings secured to fuse?I was looking at the kit,and it appears you glue both wings on...? How would you get the the batteries and radio gear?
fh64_lucky is online now Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2006, 08:33 AM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
There are two holes in the bottom of the fuse for equipment access. The covering has to be removed during assembly for you to notice them. The wings are glued on.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf
Old Oct 06, 2006, 10:11 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,328 Posts
Thank you ,thought i was missing something on assembly..
fh64_lucky is online now Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2006, 12:34 PM
Taking a break from RC to ride
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,959 Posts
I just picked up mine form my local hobby shop today.
My first observations is that the wing area to weight should make this actually a pretty nice 3D plane and should not need more power than the recomended electrifly motor. Thus I ordered the recomended electrifly motor for it and it should be in next week. That should give me time to get my servos installed and everything glued up.
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Old Oct 08, 2006, 10:57 AM
GIMMIE FOAM!!!
Edwardsville KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,742 Posts
I am very sur this little guy NEEDS a TWO CELL LIPO.

I won't be able to get mine going any time soon but I WILL use a Two cell and possibly a Cyclon CPLR motor.
AirNerd is offline Find More Posts by AirNerd
Old Oct 08, 2006, 04:15 PM
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
It flies! I flew it for about two minutes this afternoon outside. Winds were fairly mild but not totally calm. It took off of short grass just fine (wheelpants spun around though as they are not firmly attached to the axle). It was tail heavy and very sensitive to pitch. I kept flying anyways and just tried to be really smooth on the elevator input. I was not using high rates either. I did not really get to try much but it seemed to have some coupling in KE...possibly quite a bit but I need to adjust the CG before making a final call. The rudder is very effective and I found the source of the binding on the rudder pushrod so I have plenty of throw. On high rates the roll rate is too slow. Get as much throw as you can on the ailerons. After a short while the battery cut out abruptly and I had to land in some tall grass. The plane floats well so it was not an issue and no damage was done. I charged the battery the night before so I am not sure what the problem was. I ran the throttle back up while holding the plane and after about 1/2 throttle there was no RPM increase as it went to full. It did not feel like a LVC. I need to get the battery topped off again and try again this evening if possible.
Old Oct 08, 2006, 06:11 PM
Taking a break from RC to ride
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,959 Posts
Let us know when ya find a good cg
I just spent a couple hrs putting the decals on my parts before assembly
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Old Oct 08, 2006, 07:46 PM
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
I flew it again this evening. I cut the low rates from 65% to 40%. The plane is still massively pitch divergent. I added taped two hex nuts (about 3/8" OD) to the nose to see if it helped any. I could not tell any difference and am wondering whether the problem is speed induced. I noticed it primarily if I let it build up some speed in a straight line. This thing loves to harrier and is very stable in a harrier. The rudder is very effective making hovering difficult. Get all the expo you can with this one. Roll rate is still somewhat sluggish I think. KE seems to be near impossible so far as there is alot of roll coupling and some pitch coupling. My radios will do mixing but I never set it up and usually just fly it out but I think to get KE I am going to have to resort to mixing with this plane. I am also going to try a 7035 and see if that does not help a bit from it getting too fast. It is really puzzling as the CG seems to be pretty close when I checked it. The KV of the motor I am using is higher than the recommended motor and I am using the same prop so perhaps there really is too much speed. I supposedly spoke with the designer the other day and will get his take on the problem if I get a chance.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:51 PM
Orlando
Joined Jun 2003
336 Posts
Papasmurf,

Could you please post some pictures of how you installed the battery, ESC,and receiver. The manual is a little blurry in that department.

thanks
GWSLAWNDART is offline Find More Posts by GWSLAWNDART
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:21 AM
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
I'll try to get some photos wednesday. The rx is in the hole behind the wing and the battery and ESC are both up front. The battery is mounted to the wood next to the wing as there is not much else to mount it too solid up front. I did not drill a hole in the firewall to run the motor leads as I had already installed a 3 pin connector and would have had to make a larger hole. Instead I just looped them down under the firewall to the battery bay.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:33 AM
Orlando
Joined Jun 2003
336 Posts
papasmurf,

i am looking forward to ur pics of ur setup, in the meantime i'll just bombard you with question, haha if thats ok..

so did you make like a battery door? did you have to recover the bottom part of the plane after installing the rx?

thanks,
luis
Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:31 AM
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
No, I left it all open. I thought about doing it but it just would have added weight which seems to be at a premium with this plane.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Orlando
Joined Jun 2003
336 Posts
Oh,

I didnt even consider leaving it open, I was afraid that it might cause some Turbulence under the fuselage and effect the flight characteristics of the plane. I guess i could use some clear tape to cover it up before each flight.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:55 PM
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
Here are the photos as promised...

hope this helps:
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:05 AM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,703 Posts
There are some HUGE control surfaces! I hope to have mine next week, but due to the iHobby Expo in ORD, then JR indoor in Two weeks, I have no clue as to when it will get built!

2dogrc
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV