HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:22 PM
Joined Mar 2006
34 Posts
Discussion
Any difference b/t the Park Zone P-51 Mustang & Focke Wolf 190?

I'm getting rid of my glow trainer and would like to get a warbird w/o landing gear because I dont have a good place for a landing stip with short grass, so I was looking into the ParkZone P-51 Mustang & the Focke Wolf 190. Does anyone know if either one of them is more durable than the other, or which one might be a little easier flying, more stable? I'm a new pilot, can take off and land with my 4ch .40 trainer, but I've never flow any other plane besides that one, except on FMS, and I hear thats not a very reliable source, but none the less I can fly the P-51 great on FMS. any info on either would be appreciated, thanks
pa2play is offline Find More Posts by pa2play
Last edited by pa2play; Aug 18, 2006 at 12:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:49 PM
No warning points today!!
Hixson, TN
Joined May 2005
645 Posts
I don't own either of those planes, but I can relay the info I have read about them from people who own both.

Don't rely on this info too much, but it can be a guide line for you, lol. Basically the F190 is the P-51 without the various quirks. Such as, you have the batter hatch on top instead of on the bottom with the F190. I think the flying characteristics are the same, but I'm not too sure. I believe the F190 has a slightly faster roll rate. I have heard both are extremely decent flyers, just don't go slow as you are flying a low wing plane. Lower winged planes have weird stall characteristics and they like to keep the speed up. Low, WOT passes look nice with these. They aren't too hard to fly, I'm sure if you can fly a glow trainer decently than you can tackle one of these. They are rated for intermediate but they aren't hard if you've had past experience. You might want to wait for some other posts, as I'm not too sure if I'm a reliable source with these planes because I have never flown one of them.
flyingace451 is offline Find More Posts by flyingace451
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:01 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,248 Posts
The F190 doesn't have the radiator intake under the wing. I would think that would make landings a little more gentle.

I've saw one of the P-51s fly about a year ago. The ParkZone fighters are kind of majestic for parkflyers. From a distance I thought it was a larger glow engine plane.

Tom
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:40 PM
Fast, Furious & FEMALE!
United States, CA, Penn Valley
Joined Jun 2005
80 Posts
many differences!

My friend has the P-51 and I just got the FW-190 from Park Zone. There are many differences between the two planes. The battery is held down to a battery tray by a velcro strap, the belly pan is plastic for landing on. The cowling naturally allows more air into the fuselage for cooling the motor and the battery. The battery hatch is in the top of the plane instead of the bottom which makes it easier to put the plane on the table and replace or charge the battery without damaging the vertical stabilizer.

Good luck and have fun! I have giant scale gas aerobatic planes and this little war bird was great fun too!

Flyin' Tiger
Whirly-Girl is offline Find More Posts by Whirly-Girl
Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:31 PM
Joined Jul 2006
129 Posts
The 190 is an improved plane over the p51. but not so much as to make it a better plane to fly. the only trick with the P51 is the air vent under the wing wants to plow in on landing, so too fast a landing will nose over the plane. the upside is it's hard plactic, so you're not skidding on the belly. Realy, it comes down to wanting an American or German plane. I prefer the P51.

Both fly about the same. The radio has a high rate and low rate. On high rate, they're fairly Aerobatic, but on Low rate, they fly like scale models. Way more fun to watch on low rate. Do yourself a favor, and buy the combat modual as soon as you get the plane.
Groundcheck is offline Find More Posts by Groundcheck
Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:46 PM
Joined Mar 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundcheck
Do yourself a favor, and buy the combat modual as soon as you get the plane.
I don't know anyone else around here that has another warbird to fly with, other wise, that would be sweet!
pa2play is offline Find More Posts by pa2play