HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:12 PM
Joined Nov 2005
83 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Tree RPM sensor placement

Does anyone use the magnetic RPM sensor from eagletree? Any pics of sensor placement?

I have one mounted (works fantastic by the way) on the aluminum piece that holds the top main shaft bearing and the magnet mounted in the mast collar. The problem I'm having is that since I chaged to hs-65's I've had to setup my head again and I'm only getting +/- 9 degrees because the washout block hits the main head if I increase the swash % any more.

I know I need to tighten the links on the swash to bring it down, but any further down and I will get an interaction with the rpm sensor! The thing that bothers me is that I've had full +/-10 degrees pitch with the hs-56's and RPM sensor, now I cant get it, what gives??
Futaba401/9650
JR 6102pcm
architorture is offline Find More Posts by architorture
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:02 PM
NE Pa
Joined Aug 2005
82 Posts
Put the magnet on the main gear.

It's easier on a Logo but do-able on the Rex. Look at the top gear. You could
slightly embed it in one of the spokes just before the plastic gets thicker near
the tooth ring. You may have to clearance the frame for the magnet.

I then goop the sensor to the frame.

Mine is the earlier plastic frame, yours may be different.

Ron
stall warning is offline Find More Posts by stall warning
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
Joined Nov 2005
83 Posts
Thanks, good idea, I may do that. I'm going to try rebuilding the head again to get clearance. Hope it works.
architorture is offline Find More Posts by architorture