SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2002, 11:55 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Flying projeti over water

I have been up at a lake not too far out of the city where i live. it is a fairly Narrow lake and the valley really makes the sound of the projeti come alive. That and flying it out over water where one mistake means certiann death to the ESC at the very least sure makes for some exciting flying. This plane really draws a crowd wherever you go this is for sure. With the vally so narrow it you really get the feel of the speed this baby is hauling at too! I will try and get some pics today. Nice little landing area as well NOT all that MUCH to land in though!!

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2002, 01:09 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Well I just got back from the Lake and another day of flying. Things went even better today and a heck of alot more kids comming over.Which is to be expected at a Lake. Anyways My landing were much improved and Twice i was able to do "skim and goes" on landings. I would come in and about 6 feet from shore i would drag the rear end in the water by draging only the back end it would skim for2 feet or so and then by pulling back on the stick just a hair off of the water it would come to grass slide for the last 4 feet. What a BLAST!The OHHHS and AHHHHS! I would get doing that. if you have never flown over water before and you are confident in your flying skills i would recomend you giving this a try. What a rush you get from it.

Mal
Old Aug 10, 2002, 09:14 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Wow thats takes some guts! I bet it is a rush though. I have a big pond right by my work I have been contemplating flying over, hmmm...

The good thing is that when the kids come over to watch they are not getting under your plane. I don't think sometimes kids (and their parents) realize the potential danger of getting hit by a plane !!! The other day I had a bunch of kids come out of no where running towards my plane on landing trying to catch it and I had to dodge them. I guess it is better than a 5 pound puller gas plane !!! Or worse -- a nice and sharp fiberglass slope soarer in a dive !!! A madman about hit me with one of those once, probably would have killed me.

Any how, are you flying a Projeti? Do you have a Mega on it?
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Aug 10, 2002, 11:29 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Yes I make sure the kids are behinde me or at least right beside me. I do not allow them in front of me. One they are at risk of being hit and two i cannot see well and now have even a greater risk of being hit!(by a plane of course)YES i do have a Mega on mine and it is the 15/3 series with the Vario prop. What a Sound this plane makes in the valley> I was able to also fly it so close to the water that you could see the water being disturbed by the plane as it flew over. What i was doing was cutting power and gliding it in until i copuld see the water begin to ripple then tun the motor back on to full.Realy reminded me of the Movie "Firefox" I defiiniitly want to do that agian

Mal