- Brushless ESC 25A EK5-0050
- Servos EK2-0500 x 4
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:09 AM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2004
1,545 Posts
I Ask For Myself What That Is Worth ????!!!!
KABAL99 is offline Find More Posts by KABAL99
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:44 AM
Mickey from Orlando. Really.
Joined Nov 2004
3,514 Posts
Same head as the HB Cool. My cool is one of the best flying heli's i've got.
mnowell129 is offline Find More Posts by mnowell129
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:35 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,838 Posts
my god.. they are asking $199 for an all plastic ESKY w/o radio, oh come on... You can get an SJM or APLUS with elect for less than that (all metal & CF or FG). you can get a t-rex for about the same (alot better heli than any esky could ever dream to be)..

Yes I have tried the cool and king.. they fly ok but cost alot to fix and the plstic is VERY cheap...

If they heli was around $100 $120 maybe, but Im so sick of these mfg thinking they can charge that much for PLASTIC.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:57 AM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
One person's trash is another person treasure.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:11 PM
France
Joined Mar 2006
289 Posts
Check more closer in sjm400 and aplus400 thread, there is flaw too, even if the concept of mfs rotor head is good (and proven) there is problem of binding link with the rotor head. it's corrected with the new "pro" but you can't use wooden blade with it.

Those heli remember me the concept of inkjet printer or razor blade manufacturers
Sold as very low price but there is so much problem that you must upgrade it.

Esky and Align provide for free the upgrade when needed (blade grip for Trex 600, and the whole tail boom assembly for Esky).
Mister-T is offline Find More Posts by Mister-T
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:53 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,838 Posts
I have both the sjm and aplus.. ONLY some have had binding all ALL parts that had issues have been taking care of free of charge.. Myabe you should reread the post since you are misinformed.

Oh yeah about the ESKY tail boom and about their fix!! Didnt it take about 6-7months for them to send out a fixed boom to people

The point being, way to much money for cheap plastic, its just that simple

PS
About upgrading.. I have both running stock configs.. and they fly VERY well.. Way better than any esky I have seen and flown
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:54 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
You tell 'em Mister-T!!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:54 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton
You tell 'em Mister-T!!
I think Mr. T just put his foot in his mouth
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2006, 01:28 PM
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
I've not had one single problem with the plastic that is used on the King. Just because you could not overcome the vibration issues with your Cool does not make them bad helicopters. The fact that the company even bothered to give a completely free upgrade to any person that purchased the king or cool is something I've not seen Align do with their magically separating swash plates or other numerous flaws they have had. e-Sky acknowledged that there was a problem and they fixed it. What more could you ask for.

Personally I don't like the looks of the Aplus/SMJ. I refuse to follow the crowd and buy a t-rex. My King flies VERY well as do many other peoples Kings and Cools without issue.

No heli is perfect
Old Aug 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
France
Joined Mar 2006
289 Posts
@kbooth
you are right, I apologize.

But I'm just very suspicious. Is this kind of support will stay like this forever, what about spare sparts availability ? I failed to find the manufacturer website (sjm).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=121
"lot of issues on these Aplus"
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=109
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=114

Okay Okay, fung send replace parts for free, but that does not escuse every thing

This not because one people have no problem with his heli that mean that every things is fine.

I admit i'm really looking between sjm and Belt CP, as second helicopter (I need a belt drive heli, shaft driven is good for good pilot not for beginner).

But once again I apologize next time I will not forget to speak about the very good support of rc tek and fung.
Mister-T is offline Find More Posts by Mister-T
Old Aug 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,838 Posts
just like anything new there will be problems.. and its how those problems are resovled that can make or break the mfg.

I just think esky is asking way to much for this package thats all... The servos are crap and cant comment on the BL setup since I have not tried it.. so at best your paying alot of money for a heli that has an airframe and an untested BL setup..

But to each his own, I just think it would be a better deal at 100-130
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2006, 02:00 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
10,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0stS0ul
I've not had one single problem with the plastic that is used on the King. Just because you could not overcome the vibration issues with your Cool does not make them bad helicopters. The fact that the company even bothered to give a completely free upgrade to any person that purchased the king or cool is something I've not seen Align do with their magically separating swash plates or other numerous flaws they have had. e-Sky acknowledged that there was a problem and they fixed it. What more could you ask for.

Personally I don't like the looks of the Aplus/SMJ. I refuse to follow the crowd and buy a t-rex. My King flies VERY well as do many other peoples Kings and Cools without issue.

No heli is perfect
I do respect your comment on the aplus and sjm looks.. you either like the look or dont..Kinda like the Gazaur heli.. man to voltron looking for me.. But thats me

Yes I did have the tail vibration issue and gave up after waiting months for a fix.. I just dont think any company should sell a heli that will not fly out of the box, ARF or KIT form.. Just my opinion, right or wrong who cares
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2006, 02:02 PM
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
I can't argue with that statement at all. I would have liked to see it around $150 as well. Maybe the price will come down. Who knows.

When e-sky changed their name to TWF apparently they also switched factories and in doing so remedied their servo issues. I've not yet tested one of the newer servos but your right. I've had nothing but problems with the older ones from about 6-7 months ago. They were VERY bad. When the servos first came out though they were VERY good and apparently they are back to that level of quality. I won't give them a second chance though after they cost me over $80 in repairs.

I'm waiting to purchase this as a barebones without electronics so I can put my own electronics in it. I'm hoping the airframe will be around $130 without all the components in it but it will probably be more like $140 - $150 I'm guessing. Of course we always want it cheaper but those are probably realistic numbers.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 02:45 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,506 Posts
I can't imagine it being any cheaper than $140-$150 as a barebones. I do like the looks and features, but I've also been reading every thread about the SJM400, and I just don't see how I can resist an all CNC heli for the same price as the E-Sky. Granted, the styling is different. But I kinda like it.

Still, I will keep an eye on the Belt CP too. I've already got three E-Sky birds, why not another? LOL

-Chris

PS: I've had zero problems with the two E-Sky servos that came with my FP2, so maybe it's just luck of the draw with them?
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris