SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2006, 04:45 AM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts
Discussion
RADINA 2 by NAN models

Hi there

Recently i bought the new SAL Radina 2.The model is superb designed and shape is beautiful.Model fly very well and it goes up in the sky without the flatter.The RTF weight is 295 grams.

for more detail visit:www.mibomodeli.si(the model name is Spin) or contact nan@elnics.com

Here are the pics.

Best regards from Croatia
Pinci is offline Find More Posts by Pinci
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:40 AM
Hugh Blackburn
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2005
489 Posts
AKA Sophia, see

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508327

I would certainly be interested to know a bit more about this model as I liked my Radina 1 quite a lot.

Hugh
floquet is offline Find More Posts by floquet
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:23 AM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts

the model is bought by NAN models,you can contact MIBO on www.mibomodeli.com or directly on www.nanmodels.com

I bought this model on Sunday the 13.08.06 and finished the model on Monday the next day.
Model fly's superb but the travel for horizontal stabilizator is to small because i make a wrong system for travelling.I will make the adjusments ther next day.

I dont have so mauch informations about it because I have flown this model for about one hour,

All the setup informations I made myself because on the internet i found nothing regards this model,so the CG i puted by myself and travel adjusments I made by myself because there is no information on the internet about it so I mase all by my own informations

Sorry because grammar errors

Best regards
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts

Hello

For more informations i found that there's different name for that model in other countrys.In Europe it is called Radina 2 and Spin and Megalight SAL,In Norway and scandinavian countrys it is called Highlight and Enigma ,and in Japan it is called Sophia DLG.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:45 AM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,324 Posts
Does it have a foam tail or a balsa/composite tail? I really like my Enigma but won't buy another airplane with a glassed foam tail again.
Dave Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Dave Campbell
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:53 AM
wishes this caption was longe
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
that glider is not an enigma. Unless they have an entirely new fuselage, wing and tailgroup.

looks nice all the same.
will_newton is offline Find More Posts by will_newton
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:24 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,243 Posts
Those tail feathers look suspiciously like those on my Dreamline/Omega/Fly-Q; i.e., bagged foam. They seriously suck.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts

The vertical and the horizontal stabilizator are bagged with glass,but the Highlight and Enigma is bagged with some type of micro film,unter that is some type of foam.

I also have the old Enigma but this is the New one but only with different name and the tail is much better solved than the old enigna,

the fuselage is full carbon,the wings are full carbon also like the old one,but Ican say thet the model is superb,it fly's much better tahn the old one because it have the new airfoil(It is AG44, 45, 46).

If you have more questions concernong the model i can take pictures for the specified details and share it here with others.

fly long and prosper
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:42 PM
Joined Dec 2000
1,324 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing what the kit components look like, level of prefabrication etc. Is there a US source for this model?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:22 PM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts

Now I am at my work place,when i get back home i will take a few pictures of that tail and make a little disscusion about it.

I think that dealer for america is ESPRIT MODEL

Web page:

www.espritmodels.com

wright now this model isn't published in comercial purposes,you can contact them and ask how can you get that model.

The connection for esprit-models is mibo-modeli on page www.mibomodeli.com .

More informations about the tail I will post when I get home from work.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:15 PM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
I wouldn't mind seeing what the kit components look like, level of prefabrication etc. Is there a US source for this model?

I have 1 sample to play with and a boat load coming soon. www.f3x.com not up on the
web page yet but they will be as soon as I get extra time.

My kit weight was 201g. Very nice work and probably the nicest pod I have seen.
F3X is offline Find More Posts by F3X
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:49 PM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts
the link's

On these links you can see more pictures

Here are they:these are the links from our croatian forum(Fly Freak)

http://www.flyfreak-hr.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1322
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:08 AM
Joined Dec 2000
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3X
I have 1 sample to play with and a boat load coming soon. www.f3x.com not up on the
web page yet but they will be as soon as I get extra time.

My kit weight was 201g. Very nice work and probably the nicest pod I have seen.

What do you think of the tail? I'm sorry to pester, but after my Enigma tail separated on the 5th toss and went in nose first from full launch hieght, I'm hesitant to get anything similar. The way the tail mounts on this airframe will probably work out better than the Enigma's setup, but still, wrinkled foam tail feathers suck..

Dave
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:03 AM
Osijek,Croatia
Joined Oct 2005
98 Posts
the tail

yes the tail is wrinkled foam.I had the first enigma and that this another one and there is no problems with the tail,only it is little bitt soft,when you take the tail with your hands you can see that there is a few carbon reinforcments inside.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
Joined Dec 2000
1,324 Posts
If this tail isn't tail isn't any stronger than the Enigma, I have no interest. Given the amount of work involved and the relatively small difference in weight (if any) I can't understand why they don't go with a bagged balsa tail?