HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2002, 02:16 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined Jul 2001
213 Posts
The hobby that won't let me go...

Hey guys,

Some of you may have remembered the huge sell-out I had about 3 monthes ago that I used to finance my pilot's license. Well, what can I say, here it is three months later, and I'm going to have my checkride next week! Yahoooo!!! Yet for some reason I'm drawn back to this pesky Ezone!!! Darn you people and your planes!!!

I guess you could say that after flying a C172 at about $75/hour, I realize that paying $45 for the new Mountain Model's 180 is a pretty sweet deal. Don't get me wrong, I still love flying the 1:1 and plan to do so as often as I can, but the park down the street keeps calling, "Come fly, Eric, come fly, we want you to fly..." LOL

I do feel fortunate to get my license during this summer - from now on I won't have any more breaks until I finish med school (another three years). I would definitely encourage anybody who's thinking about it to go for it - it's a great experience! I'm thinking about maybe flying the 1:1 once or twice a month, and flying the little guys every morning like I used to. So here we go again... Anybody seen a good deal on a Hitec Flash 5 lately?? I've even got the go-ahead from my wife!!!

Good to be back,
Eric
ETrain is offline Find More Posts by ETrain