HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2006, 03:53 PM
Joined Aug 2006
170 Posts
Discussion
Exceed RC Dragon Fly 20 - Smoked the Receiver

I recently experienced what makes helis so interesting. I practive a lot in my driveway, worked on hovering, etc etc. I thought I was ready for an open field flight. A gust of wind proved me wrong. I crashed badly, bending the rotor shafts and cracking the gears.

Now here's the bad part (no laughing).

Having disconected the receiver to examine my copter for damage, I decided to reconnect it to test the motors etc. With my wife watching, a dense column of smoke rose from the receiver before I could react quickly enought to shut off the power. $150 bucks (counting spare parts and postage). A chip in the area of channel 2 chip is charred.

I had already ordered the parts to fix the mechanics. I'm not sure I want to order a new receiver, but I'm certain I don't until I know what I did wrong.

The receiver is an ExceedRC 404.

I might be interested in purchasing a crashed DF 20 or something similar (without the transmitter) if that would work.

Thanks in advance.

elight50
elight50 is offline Find More Posts by elight50
to remove ads between posts