HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:58 AM
Joined Jan 2004
1,050 Posts
Discussion
USB Programming Card?

Not having an ESC that is programmable (yet) I was curious whether something like this would be desirable, or even workable.

Programming is good, and it is much easier to do on a computer rather than a card as it allows more options to be programmed. But it seems like a bit of a pain to be dragging the plane to the computer when you want to reprogram the ESC or to have to remove it from the plane for reprogramming.

With USB Flash drives so cheap now, would it be possible to create an option where you can program the ESC on the computer, store it on a USB Flashdrive, then plug that into the ESC to feed it it's programming? Maybe it would be possible to store multiple programs on the Flashdrive that could somehow be selected and individually downloaded from the Flashdrive so that different programs could be tested out at the field.

?
Time Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Time Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2006, 07:12 AM
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Aug 2000
845 Posts
I want wireless programming. I don't know how realistic it is, but integrating wireless usb into the controllers would be great.

Bobby
blfinche is offline Find More Posts by blfinche