Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 10, 2006, 03:07 PM
Me likes Depron...
Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
New Product
New hit from Silverlit: PicooZ

Last year they gave us the X-Twins, sold in the USA as Aero Ace.
Here in Europe the X-Rotors are hitting the shelfs: The GyRotor (50 euro) and the tiny sub 10 gram PiccoZ sold for 30 euro, same price as the new X-Twin models.

Video:

http://149.222.197.14/server2/x-ufo/PiccoZ.avi
http://www.swisstoy.ch/deutsch/produ...dukte_neu.htm#
PiccoZ Micro Helicopter (1 min 1 sec)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509196
http://www.buschflieger.de/content/vids/piccoZ.wmv

Hope they wil appear in the Netherlands soon, the first batch is a hit in Germany already....

You can buy them online at www.amazon.de or www.xufo-shop.de
Pjotrrr is offline Find More Posts by Pjotrrr
Last edited by Pjotrrr; Aug 11, 2006 at 01:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:19 PM
Joined Aug 2003
85 Posts
Way too cool....Let the modding, electrical engineers, and inverted cyclic hop-ups begin......

Edit: The good news on the XUFO link, the graphic is done in english, that is encouraging that it might make it here to the US before too long. Secondly, the Gyrotor seems to be equiped with an LED "search light" on what I presume is the police or rescue model.

Sadly, from the amazon site, it appears that Silverlit has many cool r/c items that have not made their way across the pond. Maybe with continued success and enthusiasm of the AeroAce's, either AirHogs or someone else will wake up and smell the cofee and start distributing these in the States...

Edit 2: I see the box is in english as well, that is encouraging. As for the mechanics - any info on how they work - it appears that it is direct drive for the tail rotor - but also seems to have the second channel motor leads running out to the tail. It also seems from the videos that the tail rotor has a second motor. Maybe this is the wrong forum for these questions, and I should post over at the link you provided. Thanks again for the info.
maximumgravity is offline Find More Posts by maximumgravity
Last edited by maximumgravity; Aug 10, 2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:39 PM
Is he really fat??
Miami, FL
Joined Jun 2006
185 Posts
I want one! I hope these make it to the states.
t00fatt is offline Find More Posts by t00fatt
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:43 PM
Joined Aug 2003
85 Posts
Seems to be quite a few discussions around this forum about this heli....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...archid=6953102
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:10 PM
Me likes Depron...
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
Another great video: http://www.buschflieger.de/content/vids/piccoZ.wmv

The PicooZ is only 9.5 gram and 14 cm long..
Control (IR) is up/down and left or right turn by heckrotor...
The heckrotor is a bit tilted, this causes it to speed down or up in opposite curves, you can even this out by tilting it a bit clockwise...
Forward flight speed can be adjusted by CG...

Control seems to be very good, the bigger radiocontrolled GyRotor has a simple gyromechanism in the tail and will probably withstand some wind, but from what I read on the German forums control is not much better then with the tiny PicooZ.....
Last edited by Pjotrrr; Aug 10, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:13 AM
User Person
Toronto-Ish, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2005
85 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun. Does amazon.de ship to Canada?
QuazBotch is offline Find More Posts by QuazBotch
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:58 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Yep - yesterday I ordered one - will arrive (be available again) at the end of this month. My first Heli . Anyone knows if one can charge it on a Xtwin charger (Tx)? Would be ok as I have one linked to the wall plug, saving money for Tx-batteries. Has the Pico also the 130mAH Fullriver Lipo? Thanks...and bye
relaxr is offline Find More Posts by relaxr
Old Aug 11, 2006, 01:53 AM
Me likes Depron...
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
The PicooZ uses an 80mA lipo, but what matters is the Voltage shutoff, charging with the X-Twin transmitter should not be a problem if the connectors are the same....
Old Aug 11, 2006, 02:06 AM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Hi - sounds good. Yes the plug is the question, is it identical to the xtwin planes ? If anyone knows IF and HOW this is possible please report - should be of rising interest, as lots of AA/Xtwinners will look for the pico heli . . .

relaxr is offline Find More Posts by relaxr
Old Aug 11, 2006, 07:20 AM
Joined Jun 2006
6 Posts
radioshack seems to be selling them soon http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2431387&cp for us in the US
dsmdan95 is offline Find More Posts by dsmdan95
Old Aug 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
Joined Aug 2003
85 Posts
I checked with a few Radio Shack's on the phone today. The Warehouse is currently out of stock on these items (which to me means they haven't arrived in stock yet). I had one of the guys do a regional search, and none of the RS's from Twin Cities MN to Chicago IL has (nor had) any in stock or expected shipments of them. One of the other guys I talked to said to check in every few days. Another good tip I learned, if you call in and ask for just the item number (Catalog #: 60-103) they may think you are another RS calling checking stock - which implies the ability for transfer to a local store. So it is possible if some people start reporting them available around the country, you might be able to get a transfer to local stores by special request. Lastly, they both indicated they would have no problems doing a special order once the warehouse has them in stock.

Man haven't been bitten this bad by the R/C bug in a number of years....(wipes spittle from chin )

Edit: For those that absolutely positively can't wait - looks like freight to the US is $15
Ebay has it And as EBay links tend to break, it is item# 290018241643
Last edited by maximumgravity; Aug 11, 2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
Restricted User
Frankfurt-region, Germany
Joined Mar 2003
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxr
Hi - sounds good. Yes the plug is the question, is it identical to the xtwin planes ? If anyone knows IF and HOW this is possible please report - should be of rising interest, as lots of AA/Xtwinners will look for the pico heli . . .

Plug is not identical. I tried that 5min ago.
Stephan
StephanB is online now Find More Posts by StephanB
Old Aug 11, 2006, 06:02 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
Is the GyRotor a 3-channel heli?
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Old Aug 11, 2006, 08:40 PM
PiccoZ addict
Harrogate, UK
Joined Mar 2006
78 Posts
I received my PiccoZ and Gyrotor in the post yesterday! Totaly awsome fun!
I had to add a tiny bit of weight to the nose of the Piccoz to get some forward motion - it would just hover and circle without it. Flies like a dream now!

The Gyrotor in comparison is very skittish, but fun to fly nonetheless.

Both seem pretty indestructable so far....!

I'm simply blown away by them both... but the PiccoZ is my favorite. It's so damn tiny!

I cannot stress enough how important it is to own one (or more) of these!
Unyon is offline Find More Posts by Unyon
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:39 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
What's the weight of the PiccoZ electronics? I've got a JMP reciever, and adding a 3rd channel would allow the PiccoZ to gain forwards-backwards control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unyon
I received my PiccoZ and Gyrotor in the post yesterday! Totaly awsome fun!
I had to add a tiny bit of weight to the nose of the Piccoz to get some forward motion - it would just hover and circle without it. Flies like a dream now!

The Gyrotor in comparison is very skittish, but fun to fly nonetheless.

Both seem pretty indestructable so far....!

I'm simply blown away by them both... but the PiccoZ is my favorite. It's so damn tiny!

I cannot stress enough how important it is to own one (or more) of these!
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead