|Aug 07, 2002, 03:17 PM|
Pictures of your fleet, post 'em here
Hey everyone, I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to post a picture of their fleet of planes.
Here's my current flyable fleet, not pictured are a lot of not flyable planes and glow powered planes.
|Aug 07, 2002, 03:35 PM|
Neat idea, I'll have to use this as an excuse to get all my planes out and take a pic of them together! Boomer needs to post his pic, he's got a pic of himself standing with his zillion plane collection
|Aug 07, 2002, 03:43 PM|
Des Moines Municipal, Iowa, United States
Joined May 2002
Nice looking fleets, guys!
jstevens - what is the white one with red trim? Never got into wing type of planes, but that one grabbed my attention.
|Aug 07, 2002, 03:55 PM|
Tres, boomer's collection seems to grow daily, too... so he'll have to do it all over again! I'll have to haul mine out, too
|Aug 07, 2002, 04:13 PM|
white with red trim
The white plane above the flaming wing is a cox viper. It used to be a 2ch plane that I bought on ebay. I put the elevons on it and removed the stock radio sys. I am still waiting for my speed control to come in so I can test fly it.
|Aug 07, 2002, 04:19 PM|
Holy Cow jstevens, that is one massive collection for a newcomer to E Zone! Looks great!
Paul- what is the cool little T-tailed hotliner in the front of your pic? Is that the "Zipper 010"?
EDIT- I figured out it's the "Sokol". I remember now that the Zipper is a scratch-built you made. Are you running an AF 010 in the Sokol too?
Martin- you'll need to photoshop a pic of all your SB iterations!
|Aug 07, 2002, 04:24 PM|
okay its a start (and about a grand spent)
small but worthy
one day i will need a new house for all mine too (when i have 50 of em like the rest of ya's)
|Aug 07, 2002, 04:45 PM|
OK, I cheated in the parkflyer department, as I've included in this pic all my not-yet-finished and not-currently-flyable models. A few of the "not flyable" models simply need servos, as I'm in short supply of servos right now. Any of the DX-A powered planes without motors can still be flyable, as I transfer DX-A's from plane to plane at a whim just before heading out to fly. This pic does not include my 12 years worth of glow or my 3 years worth of thermal and slope.
From back to front, left to right:
1) Herr Cub clone, not finished - will fly on GWS 370
2) Scratch F4F wildcat, not finished - will fly on GWS 370 or 280
3) Herr Cub, clipped wing, not finished - will fly on 400/480
4) GWS Tiger Moth (with floats) - DX-A, typical of any Tiger Moth you read about; nice slow flyer
5) Wattage B-2, not flyable and too pretty to burn, tip stall nasty *expletive*, underpowered on 6 cells
6) Gym-E w/ scratch enlarged Tiny Wing - DX-A, the easiest flying plane I've ever flown
7) [classified] - DX-A
8) Guillows Cessna Skyhawk - not flyable, probably never will, weighs as much without motor, servos, etc as my C-180 does ready to fly
9) Todd's Models Wing-E - DX-2, fun little aerobatic space saving wing!
10) Scratch Sopwith Pup - DX-A, not flyable, almost identical to Moth flying style, except for better wind handling with ailerons
11) Scratch Extra 300 fuselage for Switchback - not flyable, added tons o'weight to the switchback flying weight - awaiting larger brushless
12) Mountain Models Cessna 180 (with floats), nice, moth-ish style flying, but slightly faster and better wind handling
13) Ace Alpha - built 20 years ago by my grandfather and never flown, will be 400/480 powered
14) The undesputed king of the fleet: Mountain Models Switchback 3D with sport wing, switchbipe/ parasol sport wing, switchback thermal wing (duskstik polyhedral wing), not yet finished 3D RG Wing, and floats. GWS 370 powered. Is there anyone alive out there (on ezone) that doesn't know how I feel about how this plane flies? It kicks butt, baby!!!
In the immortal words of Porky Pig:
"Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks!"
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?..||darklyte24||Micro Helis||10590||Nov 04, 2013 03:41 PM|
|Gallery Post Pictures of your Fleet||helitaiwan963||Micro Helis||8||Jul 21, 2013 04:23 PM|
|I love Planks Post em here||Flymerc||Flying Wings||55||Feb 17, 2008 05:25 PM|
|Discussion Float plane Plans "post em here"||paintballer#1||Waterplanes||2||Feb 14, 2006 01:26 AM|
|Tiger Moth Paint jobs: post em' here.||Ozprey||GWS (Grand Wing Servo)||73||May 01, 2004 07:31 AM|