SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Doug Sipprell, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 08, 2006, 02:17 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Discussion
Elfi #3 Up and Flying

Elfi #3 (my own nomenclature, not that of the manufacturer) is up and flying well. New PJS 3D 550 Brushless Outrunner does a real fine job of hauling Elfi #3 around the skys. The wing design of the Elfi works well, IMHO, for thermalling, and I have had this plane waaaay up there, almost a speck in the sky. TP 1320 3S1P ProLite seems to be the perfect power source thus far. The pack fits easily in the plane and delivers more power than the former 3S1P 1500 Kokams. In defense of the Kokams, the TP's are a more recent LiPo design, that being the ProLites, and thus pack a little more power. As with Elfi's #1 and #2, Elfi #3 makes use of a Jeti 18-3P Advance ESC. Nice to have an on/off switch, a real safety luxury for me, and the controllers can be externally programmed.

This Elfi getting a fair amount of flying time now, but Elfi #2 also gets some decent time in the air. Elfi #1 not flown as much, but when it does fly, it flys VERY WELL. Wish there were a few other Elfi flyers in this area, but I seem to be the only one. Great plane, what Park flying is all about, even if I do fly my Elfi's waaaay out there and waaaay UP there. Seriously considering a How High Altimeter for Elfi #3. This device works well in my Tiger Moth.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2006, 01:11 AM
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Feb 2001
256 Posts
Do you know how I can get an Elfi? I checked out the fvk website but couldn't find any relevant information on purchasing one. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!

Alfred
atsiang is offline Find More Posts by atsiang
Old Aug 09, 2006, 09:12 AM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsiang
Do you know how I can get an Elfi? I checked out the fvk website but couldn't find any relevant information on purchasing one. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks! Alfred
Try this link and see if it will work for you.

http://www.fvk.de/Englisch/Elfi%20B.html

You have to get the Elfi direct as there has been no distribution set up in the USA as before. If you can't get through to FVK, let me know. I have a contact on record in the UK who is a sales rep. for FVK. He may be able to help you.

Regards,

RD
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
Joined Sep 2006
4 Posts
instructions needed

I have an Elfi but got it unbuilt and no instructions can you help me?

Richard Kaczmarek
mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
Dickkacz is offline Find More Posts by Dickkacz
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickkacz
I have an Elfi but got it unbuilt and no instructions can you help me?

Richard Kaczmarek
mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
Dick:

Yes! I have the instruction set that was supplied with both the aileron and non-aileron version of the Elfi. I have no way to scan these documents into a file for email. However, if you have a fax number available, I would be glad to fax the information to you.

I also can provide some tips and photo's for preparing your Elfi. Sorry if I sound almost "too enthusiastic", but there are so few Elfi fliers out there today that I really feel the need to help. It is my favorite plane and I am more than happy to help a fellow Elfi flier!!

I could also copy the instructions and send them to you via regular mail. Contact me via PM with either a usable fax number or a mailing address.

Keep in touch, and photo's please!!

RD
RCG Plus Member