SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 09, 2006, 04:32 PM
Berlin, MD
Joined Jul 2006
224 Posts
thanks doc. i have a major tendancy to talk before i think and after 33 years of life on this earth i am beginning to figure out that not everybody is on the same wavelength as me and some may require a little groundwork explanation before i get to my witty point.
berettafan is offline Find More Posts by berettafan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2006, 04:54 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,637 Posts
Doc and beretta,

You guys are spot on. I have made many sacrifices for my wife. Moving here from Florida when her dad passed was a major one. I was a big-time fisherman back in Florida. It was my passion (after my family of course).

But out here in the desert, there's not much fishing happening. That's when I "rediscovered" RC. I build inside, clean up after (almost ) every session, and everything is stored in the garage (batteries and radios included). I've had my share of holding firm to my opinions on certain things, and she hers. It's a healthy balance. Although she gets her way most of the time.

Edit: And yes, Dr Phil IS a big fat LOSER (and Oprah too for that matter)

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 09, 2006, 05:34 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Doc and beretta,

But out here in the desert, there's not much fishing happening. That's when I "rediscovered" RC. I build inside, clean up after (almost ) every session, and everything is stored in the garage (batteries and radios included). I've had my share of holding firm to my opinions on certain things, and she hers. It's a healthy balance. Although she gets her way most of the time.

Edit: And yes, Dr Phil IS a big fat LOSER (and Oprah too for that matter)

Pat
Fishing is AZ forget it. I bought a boat and sold a bought and built a pool instead. AZ lakes stink.

My thread has became a place for marriage help I guess.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Aug 09, 2006, 05:46 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,726 Posts
Love the Wife and kids but my toys are off limits. They keep me outa trouble and are not a threat to anyone. The BIG DOG rules this house when it comes to my toys. She rules everything else and we're both happy.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Aug 09, 2006, 07:49 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,436 Posts
The man should always be in charge.
The woman should pray to God that he will be fair.
That is just the way it is.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 09, 2006, 10:33 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,436 Posts
My wife saw what I posted.
I'm in the doghouse.
I guess I'm wipped too.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 09, 2006, 10:44 PM
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
Ok we are Redecorating our home and my wife takes a look at my airplanes and say those things need to go out in the garage. Yikes I thought. Ok here is the concern. The garage is not climate controlled and it gets hot out there. My airplanes are Ultracote cover balsa, Epp, Eps, and Depron foam. How is the heat going to affect my babies? My Radios, Charges, and batteries will stay in the house. I'm not worried about the winter months.

Should I put my foot down and keep my airplanes in the house and sleep on the couch.

David
I can't even comment on this stuff without getting extremely angry. Pretty much the only thing that does it, when someone degrades my artwork. Us plane builders are among the most passionate artists in the world. I'm 40, not married, and since the plane building kicked in, probably will never get married. Go ahead and laugh, but your mom will always appreciate your artwork, and it can be displayed everywhere. Guess where I live?
If I ever get married, it will have to be to a proffessional artist, or someone like that, who understands this stuff, and does not degrade it as toys. By the way, they are about the best historical arwork and interesting conversation pieces that can be displayed in a home.

GO kkens4!!!!
We'll talk sometime. Most people take those comments the wrong way, but I know where you're coming from.
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:19 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, OK, Henryetta
Joined Nov 2005
25,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrogg
My GF is 25 and is very messy . I enjoy washing her clothes
I know a marriage is hard work. Thats why I haven't done it yet.
Looks like you are almost there!

You'll make a good wife.
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:23 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
Fishing is AZ forget it. I bought a boat and sold a bought and built a pool instead. AZ lakes stink.

My thread has became a place for marriage help I guess.
KKens 4 is the expert on these types of threads. He said so.

And tic confirmed it.

Rock on kkens4!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:26 PM
Berlin, MD
Joined Jul 2006
224 Posts
Hey my post which described Dr. Phil in a factual manner got reported to the mods. How cool is that!

(You know you're on the right track when you start offending people that watch daytime television )
berettafan is offline Find More Posts by berettafan
Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:45 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
Looks like you are almost there!

You'll make a good wife.
Thanks! If I wanted a slave I'd get a mail order bride.
Dr.Phil is only a portly talk show host. Not as Cool as Richard Simmions.
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan
Hey my post which described Dr. Phil in a factual manner got reported to the mods. How cool is that!

(You know you're on the right track when you start offending people that watch daytime television )
Reporting that comment about Phil was gay.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:08 PM
AMA 148796
Where it Rains
Joined Jul 2002
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrogg
Dr.Phil is only a portly talk show host. Not as Cool as Richard Simmions.
Maybe not as cool but certainly as funny. And, is able to attract the same caliber of guests.

Ken
ken_keeler is offline Find More Posts by ken_keeler
Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:55 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
This thread is way off. I think I have solved my problem. Thanks for all the help.

closing thread.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Closed Thread