Old Aug 09, 2006, 12:23 AM
Foam Floats Better
The Big Country of TX.
Joined Oct 2004
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkens4
I do my own laundry.
Me to, I take it to the Laundry place all by myself , then I have to go back a few hours later and pick it up, such a pain
UAVPilot is offline Find More Posts by UAVPilot
Old Aug 09, 2006, 12:40 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,056 Posts
She controls the rec room, I own the basement. Like Gollum:-) Fair enough, in summer it's very cool and pleasant at all times. Winter, eh, not so great for comfort unless I bundle up, but that's only for short building sessions anyhow. Since she is letting you have the building table area still, is there any way you can break down all the planes and store them all under the workbench? Then you take out the 1 or 2 you want for a flying session and re-assemble them.

The other way to go might be to see what part of the planes she actually objects to Is it perhaps the visual "clutter"? What if you got some kind of armoire or freestanding closet where you could store them in the room but out of sight until needed? Like a gun cabinet? You could trick it out with a plug-in bay for trickle-charging TX/RX batteries and it would be pretty neat.
Aten W Arthog is offline Find More Posts by Aten W Arthog
Old Aug 09, 2006, 12:43 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVPilot
Me to, I take it to the Laundry place all by myself , then I have to go back a few hours later and pick it up, such a pain
I take mine to the "laundry place" also. I come back from flying and it's still there.

My wife says I have to put it in the white thing with the metal lid on it. I say, that's too much work!
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Aug 09, 2006, 01:30 AM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
I take mine to the "laundry place" also. I come back from flying and it's still there.

My wife says I have to put it in the white thing with the metal lid on it. I say, that's too much work!
Now whats cool about being single . U can dress out of the dryer. I figured thats what "Touch Up" was. a new dryer sheet and your good to go.
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Aug 09, 2006, 02:50 AM
Foam Floats Better
The Big Country of TX.
Joined Oct 2004
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrogg
Now whats cool about being single . U can dress out of the dryer. I figured thats what "Touch Up" was. a new dryer sheet and your good to go.
You got a Dryer?!!........I only have a hair dryer, you know, for taking out wrinkles from the shirt in the pile.
UAVPilot is offline Find More Posts by UAVPilot
Old Aug 09, 2006, 03:09 AM
Lone Star Flyer
Bryan, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
227 Posts
Air condition the garage.
Arkitexas is offline Find More Posts by Arkitexas
Old Aug 09, 2006, 10:23 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aten W Arthog
Since she is letting you have the building table area still, is there any way you can break down all the planes and store them all under the workbench? Then you take out the 1 or 2 you want for a flying session and re-assemble them.

Several of my airplanes have the wings permanently attached. I'm lucky I still get a work bench. For you guys that think single life is Great more power to you. I meet my wife in High School so I moved out of moms house into wifes house. Well actually it was both our house. In this day age I wouldn't want to play the single mans game.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Aug 09, 2006, 10:26 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitexas
Air condition the garage.
I looked into this option but do I really need an air condition just to keep my airplanes cool. Now if I was out in the garage working and building airplanes that might be an option.
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:11 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
Several of my airplanes have the wings permanently attached. I'm lucky I still get a work bench. For you guys that think single life is Great more power to you. I meet my wife in High School so I moved out of moms house into wifes house. Well actually it was both our house. In this day age I wouldn't want to play the single mans game.
Heck no, being single is no fun, especially when a man reaches his 40's.

I just can't see myslef chasing women again. It was fun when I was haly my age, but now? "Foget about it..."
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:16 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01
Well Doc you are either not married or have not been married very long. I would rather not put my foot down and be upset for a short time than put my foot down and her be upset for a long time.

Guys I was married for 14 years and part of the reason I'm divorced now is because I let my wife run all over me and she lost respect for me. I do know what I'm talking about. You let a women make you her doormat and she will lose respect for you. I'd rather her be mad for a little while then lose all respect for me. I'll never let that happen again
Doc Holliday is offline Find More Posts by Doc Holliday
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:23 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
Actually my situation is I have a great gf but we live in separate residences. I have my kids 50% of the time and 50% of the time I live by myself. I've got the best of both worlds without being married. I'd be a fool to get married and give that up. If she doesn't like my decision to not get married well then she can move on and I'll find another gf. They're not that hard to find.
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:24 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
Heck no, being single is no fun, especially when a man reaches his 40's.

I just can't see myslef chasing women again. It was fun when I was haly my age, but now? "Foget about it..."
Actually I'm 40 now and its much more fun. Women in their late 30's and 40's are alot hornier than the young ones. Ask me how I know
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:39 AM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Lol
Old Aug 09, 2006, 11:45 AM
Joined Nov 2005