AMA 148796
Where it Rains
Joined Jul 2002
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
A happy wife is a happy home.

David
Well said. And the opposite is frightening indeed.

I was living in Scottsdale and flying gassers in the 80s. Kept them all in the garage (covered in Monokote back then). Never a problem.

Ken
ken_keeler is offline Find More Posts by ken_keeler
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2006, 04:18 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,083 Posts
Wow David, closer than I thought. I'm at Recker and Guadalupe, just 1 mile from Nichols Park.
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 08, 2006, 05:38 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
acculy ahappy wife is a happy bed...lol (i know i should not have said that)
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Aug 08, 2006, 06:12 PM
Foam Floats Better
The Big Country of TX.
Joined Oct 2004
2,958 Posts
I would say " These planes are a work of art and should be appreciated much more than some picture on the wall or some stupid vase,....... and leave the toilet seat up dammit!"

yes , I'm single.
UAVPilot is offline Find More Posts by UAVPilot
Old Aug 08, 2006, 07:54 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,157 Posts
Well..... I was married 20yrs... nothing would please that woman.. I had 20yrs to try.. did the "planes in the garage" thing.. . all that crap.. best thing was... she left me.... hehe... now... I've got a lady I've been with for 3+yrs..... My planes are right next to our bed(where I want them!!).... like ornaments.... GiantScale ornaments.. and there's 3 on each side of the room... I always said I sleep with the best.. planes included... life's good...
and yes a happy wife is a happy home..... your doing the right thing.. move 'em.. you might even get to move them back in slowly after a little while... ask me how I know that.. hehe.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Aug 08, 2006, 08:16 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
Yes definitely put your foot down. I never understand why men have to let their wives run them, are we not men anymore?
Thank You Doc. We need a little Leykis 101 around here. Just because you put your foot down dosen't mean you have to be mean or upset her or not compromise. My girl said she wanted to turn my plane room into a dance studio room. I said absoutly not. I pointed out that I control the garage and my room and she has the rest of the house. We sleep in bedding of her choice, she has me hang all the pictures of whatever she wants on the wall. She still has the house she wants, decorated the way she wants (thankfully I like her taste) and I have my room tucked away in an upstairs corner. We are fortunate enough to have more bedrooms than we know what to do with so I offered to knock down a wall to make her a studio or move the computer to my room and she could have the office to do what she pleased. I think she just wanted to know that consider her feelings (i do) but if I'm not mistaken I also pay to live in this house and had have a right to have at least one room to myself (we both do). I get a little tired of hearing the "my wife won't let me...If she found out how much this costs...I don't wanna have to sleep on the couch...gripes" If you are worried about your wife seeing a reciept from the hobby store you have bigger problems than warping balsa. I spend A LOT on my hobbies and she knows that. I also spend A LOT MORE on her and she knows this also. Being a man is not a bad thing.
IH8VTEC is offline Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Old Aug 08, 2006, 08:36 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,095 Posts
Do what you want...women respect this.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 08, 2006, 08:50 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,322 Posts
All your comments are real entertaining and thanks a bunch. Lets see I have a 4 bedroom house with 3 kids. Humm no hobby room for me unless I build on. I do have half a room to build and work on my airplanes but no storage area. Most of the time I do what I want but when it comes to her decorating the house as she puts it "The airplanes do not match the new paint on the walls" Yikes.

Its a small sacrafice for a happy wife as long as she make me happy doing the laundry.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Aug 08, 2006, 08:56 PM
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
I've had planes in the garage since 1979. No problems.
MikeSSS is offline Find More Posts by MikeSSS
Old Aug 08, 2006, 09:06 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,095 Posts
I do my own laundry.
Old Aug 08, 2006, 09:08 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkens4
I do my own laundry.
After post #52, I can see why!
Old Aug 08, 2006, 09:10 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,095 Posts
That's cause I want to.lol
Old Aug 08, 2006, 09:11 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,083 Posts
Get a Slow Stick. Chics dig Slow Sticks!
Old Aug 08, 2006, 09:14 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,095 Posts
Old Aug 08, 2006, 09:17 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,083 Posts