HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2006, 01:20 PM
Millis, MA
Joined Jan 2005
322 Posts
Discussion
Great Planes Yak 54

Hello Everyone,

This past weekend, I attended the Woodstock, CT Fly-In. For models, I flew my 39% Katana S in the noon-time show and spent the other part of the day flying my Great Planes Yak 54 as well as many other models from others.

There was a lot of positive feedback on the Yak 54 at the event. Many people were surprised of the power to weight ratio with the DA-50 as well as its 3D aerobatic envelope.

First, I'll go over some of the equipment I used in the Yak:

Model: Yak 54
Radio: Futaba 14MZ
Servos: Futaba 9155 on ailerons and elevators, Futaba 9152 on Rudder
Engine: DA 50
Muffler: Stock Muffler
Prop: 24 x 8 Menz
Weight: 14.75 lbs

This model is a joy to fly and is unbelievable with a DA 50. Not only is the power great, but the airplane is very 3D-capable. With 40-degrees of Aileron and Elevator deflection, the freestyle ability of this aircraft is awesome as it has a blinding roll-rate and the airplane is predictable.

As with the Yak design, the airplane rolls very axially. This airplane is great if you are getting into IMAC, or, just want a 50cc-size 3D aerobat.

If you have any questions about the Yak 54 from Great Planes, feel free to ask.

Take Care,
JPG
John Glezellis is offline Find More Posts by John Glezellis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2007, 11:08 AM
Joined May 2005
1 Posts
hi Jhon!
do you have some video with this yak in accion????
thaks..
Armando Lega is offline Find More Posts by Armando Lega
Old Feb 06, 2007, 08:58 PM
santiago chile
Joined Feb 2007
2 Posts
Katana S

Hi John I enter to fedon site but no katana could be found, also who is the distributor for the 33% in US, do they have a web site?
Do you think the KATANA is a good IMAC plane?
Best rgds and thaks for the help
Cristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando Lega
hi Jhon!
thaks..
skymaster68 is offline Find More Posts by skymaster68
Old Feb 07, 2007, 10:52 AM
Millis, MA
Joined Jan 2005
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando Lega
hi Jhon!
thaks..
Hi Armando,

Regarding the Great Planes Yak, I do not have video of the model at this time. All I can say is that it is a great 50cc model (while being a little over-powered with a DA-50 ). If you have any specific questions about the model (flight performance, etc), let me know.

Best Regards,
JPG
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:00 AM
Millis, MA
Joined Jan 2005
322 Posts
Hi Cristian,

Regarding the 33% Katana from Krill Models, at this time, you're best bet is to e-mail Krill directly (an e-mail link is given from the www.krill-model.com site).

Fedon Aircraft (www.fedonaircraft.net) is importing the SebArt line of airplanes in the United States. These airpanes include a 1.40-size Funtana, the Katana S 30E, and a few other models as well. However, these are not the Krill line of aircraft (who make the 33% and 39% Katana).

The Katana is a great IMAC airplane. It excels in precision and Freestyle equally. Currently, I am finishing up another 39% Katana for the 2007 season, and all I can say is that I am very happy with the airplane.

Regarding the 33% Katana, I got some "stick-time" in on one at Joe Nall this past year. Specifically, this model flies very light and presents rather large for a 33% airplane. I think you will be very pleased with the airplane.

Let me know if you have any further questions about the Katana.

Best Regards,
JPG
Old Feb 07, 2007, 06:05 PM
santiago chile
Joined Feb 2007
2 Posts
Thanks alot John for the advise I'm very intersted in the Krill 33% for my 2007 Imac season. I'll contact them direct. But for the electric S30E that fedom sales I canot find it on their web site, maibe I'll email them as well to ask.
Will let you know how it goes
Best Rgds
Cristian
skymaster68 is offline Find More Posts by skymaster68