SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2006, 06:20 PM
Seymour, Indiana
Joined Mar 2004
46 Posts
Discussion
Ideas for mounting a Futaba S9650 Servo to Corona

I just got a Futaba S9650 digital servo to install on my Corona 120 for the tail rotor. Itís a little too large to fit where I have a Hitec HS-81 mounted in the aluminum crutch. I looked at the Ballistic Tech boom servo mount but it looks a little too large for the 9650. Does this mount work ok with the 9650? How did others mount the 9650 to the Corona?

Thanks for any help

Mike
mlgreene is offline Find More Posts by mlgreene
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2006, 02:50 AM
Todays a good day to fly
Joined Oct 2005
973 Posts
Hold up there buddy - I will take a picture of mine and post for you - dead straightforward really.
Cheers
Jam R
Jam Rectified is offline Find More Posts by Jam Rectified
Old Aug 06, 2006, 08:47 AM
Todays a good day to fly
Joined Oct 2005
973 Posts
Hi Mike,

Pictures as promised, hope they help, I just used a couple of the plastic boom mounts...If I remember correctly I think Gadget actually mounted a 9650 on his alu crutch which also works great. I like mounting on the tail but you may have to make yourself a new carbon pushrod...but thats not the end of the world.
Cheers
Jam R
Old Aug 06, 2006, 12:36 PM
Seymour, Indiana
Joined Mar 2004
46 Posts
Jam R

Ok thanks for the pictures. I have a couple extra boom clamps. Iíll give it a try. I seen a picture from someplace that they drilled a couple of holes in the crutch and mounted just under where the boom mounts to the crutch. Both ways look like they will work just fine.

Thanks

Mike
Old Aug 06, 2006, 12:41 PM
Todays a good day to fly
Joined Oct 2005
973 Posts
Hi Mike,

Yeah, I am sure I have seen a picture of Gadgets heli with a 9650 mounted on the crutch, I didn't have space to do that on the BT blade crutch, mounting on the tail gives you lots os scope for helping with balance, if your tail is dead light you could always mount right out on the end and just have a really short pushrod - I guess would be more precise although that would probably be wasted on the stock tail....
Cheers
Jam R
Old Aug 06, 2006, 12:45 PM
Todays a good day to fly
Joined Oct 2005
973 Posts
Hi Mike,
Dug it out for you :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530177
Bottom of the page is a picture of Gadgets set up..
Cheers
Jam R
Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:17 PM
Seymour, Indiana
Joined Mar 2004
46 Posts
Jam R

Thanks for the help. I went with what Gadget did with this. Seems to work well. I have now added the Craz-E-tail V2 and that has made it even better yet.

Mike