Please boycott Chinese made trash...these guys are mass slaughtering dogs

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/as....ap/index.html
arukum17 is offline Find More Posts by arukum17
Old Aug 04, 2006, 03:26 PM
nut flyer
Joined Nov 2004
198 Posts
Cows

So! They did the same with cattle during the Mad Cow problems a couple/few years ago. Different strokes for fifferent folks. If PITA is for it, I'm ag'in it. They put their nose into everyone's business.
nut flyer is offline Find More Posts by nut flyer
Old Aug 04, 2006, 03:33 PM
You win again, gravity!
Rotterdam, NL
Joined Jun 2004
280 Posts
Quote:
They did the same with cattle during the Mad Cow problems
So did we. And with chickens during the avian flu outbreaks. If rabies were a real problem here then we might take some drastic steps too (but we'd probably start with mandatory testing and a curfew for dogs)
Muxje is offline Find More Posts by Muxje
Old Aug 04, 2006, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arukum17
if you want chinese " crap" boycotted, may I suggest you contact our U.S goveremnt and tell them, as I believe many of our ak47s that are now being used and purchased for our military are coming directly from China and from what Ive read, it seems these rifles are regarded as some of the best ones ever mass manufactured for our miltary...
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Aug 04, 2006, 04:28 PM
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
There are too many dogs in the world anyway, a few less will make a walk in the park easier.
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.
Old Aug 04, 2006, 04:35 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
So can we continue to buy the better quality Chinese stuff then?

Americans boycotting Chinese made 'trash' will do about as much good towards stopping the killing of dogs there as posting about it on a model airplane forum.

As long as they eat them, I'm cool with it. I hate wasted food, you know.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Aug 04, 2006, 04:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
Id much rather they kill cats...I mean dogs are mans best friend..while cats are "generally speaking" sneaky,arrogant and useless...that is unless you have a stray mouse in the house, then they may be somewhat usefull...besides, cats taste better then dogs, or so Ive read :}

I rememeber my wife brought home cat { as a suprise} about 2 years ago...that lasted for about 6 days, then it was a "free to good home" cat.
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:13 PM
You win again, gravity!
Rotterdam, NL
Joined Jun 2004
280 Posts
Quote:
I mean dogs are mans best friend..while cats are "generally speaking" sneaky,arrogant and useless...
Dogs have masters, cats have staff

They are sneaky, arrogant and useless though. And I wouldn't give up mine for the world
Muxje is offline Find More Posts by Muxje
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:14 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
I hope that the public outcry (within China) does get the government to rethink their heavy handed reaction to the rabies situation, and their treatment of animals in general.

But the sad fact is way too many animals are euthanized right here in the United States. In 2003, 42,486 animals were put down in 6 L.A. County animal shelters alone. Another 20,000+ were killed and removed from city streets. So thatís 60,000+ from one city alone.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:19 PM
nut flyer
Joined Nov 2004
198 Posts
Cats

While working in France in the late '50's, I would be served "rabbit". One day I was asked how I liked the cat? Haven't eaten rabbit since then. Later I knew some people in the Houston Tx area that when younger would sell rabbit meat that they shot wild. When the rabbit population dropped, they would shoot cats. Dressed out without the head or paws, they are virtually the same in appearance and taste.
nut flyer is offline Find More Posts by nut flyer
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:41 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut flyer
While working in France in the late '50's, I would be served "rabbit". One day I was asked how I liked the cat? Haven't eaten rabbit since then. Later I knew some people in the Houston Tx area that when younger would sell rabbit meat that they shot wild. When the rabbit population dropped, they would shoot cats. Dressed out without the head or paws, they are virtually the same in appearance and taste.

I love cats....but they have to be cooked just right!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:43 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,609 Posts
They are attempting to deal with a rabies outbreak. As has been mentioned the west did the same thing with BSE, we did the same thing with foot and mouth and many countires are doing the same thing with domestic fowl in the light of the spread of avian flu. Just because they are doggies doesn't make it any different.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:46 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,641 Posts
As for the dogs, I am a dog lover, and would never cook one! As terrible as this sounds, I hardly think the world will suddenly boycott Chinese goods because of their treatment of dogs. While I don't condone indiscriminate killing of the canines, I would surmise that a very large number of these dogs are strays and are not well cared for if at all. The article siad only 3 percent of China's dogs are vaccinated for rabies, so I can understand the concern, even if I disagree with the method to mitigate an outbreak. Perhaps a better idea would be to urge China to require their pets and working dogs to be vaccinated and spayed/neutered to prevent overpopulation. It's a bad enough problem here, I can only imagine what it's like there.
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Aug 04, 2006, 05:59 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring
Perhaps a better idea would be to urge China to require their pets and working dogs to be vaccinated and spayed/neutered to prevent overpopulation. It's a bad enough problem here, I can only imagine what it's like there.
If spaying/neutering's good enough for China's human population, it should be good enough for the dog population.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Aug 04, 2006, 06:07 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
I never rummage thru trash anymore so it shouldn't be hard to boycott the Chinese version.

Woof woof!
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48