HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 02, 2006, 11:13 PM
Registered User
Honolulu, Hawaii
Joined Apr 2006
38 Posts
Discussion
New F5b Tiger From Hobby-lobby

Anybody have any thoughts on this new bird from Hobby-Lobby?
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/tiger.htm

I've been thinking of getting one.
mpwvp is offline Find More Posts by mpwvp
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:08 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,119 Posts
I have one for a while.But I have bought this one from Nesail and it calls WILCO there.
Model from CheckRepbl. "Topmodel".I am very pleased with it.If you need details just ask.
D...
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:10 AM
Vince Armato
varmato's Avatar
Katy, Texas
Joined Jun 2004
181 Posts
That's a sharp looking plane! I'm thinking of going with it as well....too many on the bench though. I hope someone will post a flight report.

- Vince
varmato is offline Find More Posts by varmato
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:11 AM
Vince Armato
varmato's Avatar
Katy, Texas
Joined Jun 2004
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
I am very pleased with it.If you need details just ask.
D...
What battery/motor are you running and what's approximate top speed?
varmato is offline Find More Posts by varmato
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 12:35 AM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2003
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
I have one for a while.But I have bought this one from Nesail and it calls WILCO there...................If you need details just ask.
D...
Hi Dbox,

You said 'for a while' , do you mean it is no longer own it or at worst that you have it crashed? What is your power train on that ship and do you find it nasty at slow speed? I read somewhere here that you own a JAZZ ??A ESC. How would you say about it? eg, is it able to disable the current limiter /similar function? How hard could you push it? Ooop ...too many questions??sorry.

David
C-MIC is offline Find More Posts by C-MIC
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 01:02 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,119 Posts
Hey,guys.Finally this plane got noticed.I have brought my attention to it when I saw it first time in NESAIL store,after a little research I found who is original maker ,which was TOPMODEL-CZ.
I have nothing to say but good about this bird.High speed envelope/did not measure top,though/ C-MIC,compare to your RWs it is a turtle but I really like it for everything.
Wing is strong despite of the lack of carbon little bit heavy.Fuse is not so strong as wing but ,plenty of space for battery lovers.Balances easy.I can check prop acceptance.But I currently running mine on Hacker B40 -8s 4.4:1 gear with 12/7 carbon prop and 3200 3s 20c battery.I have tryed lots of different combos they all worked fine,little bit slover or faster.
Servos for wing D-60 ONLY !!!!!! as it is very slim wing.Assembles fast,has wipers even on tail. AWU about 40 oz with 650 w of power it is very nice beginner hotliner.BTW it thermalls just great??????!!!!!!!!! Lands easy with both aelerons up and compensation of elevator.
I was going to do flight report on it ,but fly lately more then write.
David I have never own JAZZ controller,couse I have problems with SMILE
D...
David,you right about slow speeds,its tipstalls as all of them when you have a nerve to fly them low and slow.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 01:05 AM
Registered User
Honolulu, Hawaii
Joined Apr 2006
38 Posts
[QUOTE=Dbox]I have one for a while.But I have bought this one from Nesail and it calls WILCO there.

Yah. I saw it there and checked to see if there is any diffrence other then the price being 20 bucks cheaper at Hobby-Lobby, NESAIL say's that it has a 354 inch wing area vs Hobby-Lobby's at a 330 inch wing area.

I wonder which one has the correct wing area?

They both look identical so its hard to tell if they make diffrent spec's for diffrent venders.

-MPWVP
mpwvp is offline Find More Posts by mpwvp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 01:15 AM
Registered User
Honolulu, Hawaii
Joined Apr 2006
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
Hey,guys.Finally this plane got noticed.I have brought my attention to it when I saw it first time in NESAIL store,after a little research I found who is original maker ,which was TOPMODEL-CZ.
I have nothing to say but good about this bird.High speed envelope/did not measure top,though/ C-MIC,compare to your RWs it is a turtle but I really like it for everything.
Wing is strong despite of the lack of carbon little bit heavy.Fuse is not so strong as wing but ,plenty of space for battery lovers.Balances easy.I can check prop acceptance.But I currently running mine on Hacker B40 -8s 4.4:1 gear with 12/7 carbon prop and 3200 3s 20c battery.I have tryed lots of different combos they all worked fine,little bit slover or faster.
Servos for wing D-60 ONLY !!!!!! as it is very slim wing.Assembles fast,has wipers even on tail. AWU about 40 oz with 650 w of power it is very nice beginner hotliner.BTW it thermalls just great??????!!!!!!!!! Lands easy with both aelerons up and compensation of elevator.
I was going to do flight report on it ,but fly lately more then write.
David I have never own JAZZ controller,couse I have problems with SMILE
D...
David,you right about slow speeds,its tipstalls as all of them when you have a nerve to fly them low and slow.
Dbox

I have been thinking about buying a Hotliner that gives you the ability to thermal a little and to Hotline a little. I want a smothing that will do a little both. I have had a NIKE 2 that just went to heaven after being crashed a few times (beyond repair now) and I also have a Twister 3 that is pretty fast. I want to put my setup that I had in my NIKE into this new ship. I really loved my NIKE but I like to try diffrent ships.

Kontronik 480 with CC60amp speed controler 14x9 prop
2 TP 2100's in parell

Do you think this would work ?

Thanks

-MPWVP

Do you think this plane would fit the
mpwvp is offline Find More Posts by mpwvp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 11:12 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwvp
Dbox

I have been thinking about buying a Hotliner that gives you the ability to thermal a little and to Hotline a little. I want a smothing that will do a little both. I have had a NIKE 2 that just went to heaven after being crashed a few times (beyond repair now) and I also have a Twister 3 that is pretty fast. I want to put my setup that I had in my NIKE into this new ship. I really loved my NIKE but I like to try diffrent ships.

Kontronik 480 with CC60amp speed controler 14x9 prop
2 TP 2100's in parell

Do you think this would work ?

Thanks

-MPWVP

Do you think this plane would fit the
Yes,it will fit the fuse.You forgot to mention what kontronic 480? And what gear reduction?
I have got Kontronic 480/42 with 5:1 gearbox and 14/9.5 prop with CC60
in one of mine 2m plane,but I running it on 3 cells LiPos.
You can get by with any power plant with ths plane,but expect different performance.It is definetely step up after Nike 2,as I mentioned it has WIDE
speed envelope and able to thermall just great.Otherwords if you tired of hi speed passes with wistle you can get it up as far you can see , sit back and relex.
P.S. I have noticed that Nesail have same planes as other dealers and lots of them have wing area numbers little bit bigger.Most important,it slows down for landings very nice despite of wing loading.
D...
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 02:20 PM
Registered User
Isleton,ca.
Joined Jun 2005
270 Posts
I have a wilco with a himax 28/25/3600 swinging a 13/7 on 2500 ma.
3 series lipo pack. Model fly's great ! Thermals well too.
very nicely built, and has plenty of room for differant flight packs.
at 285.00 from nesail it's a heck of a deal ! But shipping is high.
T Tail is offline Find More Posts by T Tail
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2006, 07:04 PM
Registered User
Mavrik's Avatar
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Thats a great plane for the money !!!!

Would make a great relaxing model to fly from pylon !!

I think I want one!

Wonder how much to ship to Oz. I will ship 2 as my mate will want one when he sees it !!!

Any one flown it off the slope ???

Will wing fit HS5125 Hitec wing servos ???

Mav
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
Last edited by Mavrik; Aug 04, 2006 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 01:35 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrik
Thats a great plane for the money !!!!

Would make a great relaxing model to fly from pylon !!

I think I want one!

Wone how much to ship to Oz. I will ship 2 as my mate will want one when he sees it !!!

Any one flown it off the slope ???

Will wing fit HS5125 Hitec wing servos ???

Mav
As I sayed ,wing fit 9 mm "DYMOND" 60 servos ONLY !!!!!!
I guess they call them different in Australia
D...
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 04:45 PM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
trashmanf's Avatar
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
If you want, you could probably jam the 10 mm servos in there and just have to deal with the bump in the wing. D-60s are great servos though and should be used. My trinity has a REALLY thin wing and the flap servos had to be JR digis, which were a little too thick, no problem to cover them as they just have a slight bulge in the servo cover.
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2006, 07:49 PM
tic
thunderscreech
tic's Avatar
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
What would be nice is a flapped version
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2006, 12:01 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Dbox's Avatar
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
What would be nice is a flapped version
Actually its slowes down for landings beautifully with both aelerons up and a little down elevator compensation,well when it is not owerloaded with 24 cells
and 1000w motor.
D...
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Micro-Telemsater from Hobby Lobby Fokker Ace Parkflyers 444 Aug 19, 2012 09:37 AM
Discussion "FlyCamOne" - New, Small Camera from Hobby Lobby BD Flyer Aerial Photography 40 Sep 04, 2007 04:04 PM
Discussion New EP waterplane from Hobby-Lobby IWC Waterplanes 6 Jun 28, 2006 02:34 PM
New Product New V Diamond from Hobby Lobby! Ralph_D Parkflyers 9 Jun 28, 2006 05:43 AM
Has anyone tried the new P-51 from Hobby-Lobby? hsuusa Parkflyers 27 Jul 12, 2003 10:18 PM