-(-<
London UK
Joined Dec 2005
394 Posts
Discussion
Hottest Product Of NOW ?

We've have The Hottest Woman, The Hottest Man,
what about the hottest product ?

Not of "all time", just now, August 2006.

All the usual suspects ?
e.g. X-Box 360, I-Pod, Prius etc.

I know this is very consumerist, and not political etc.
But some interesting suggestions might be made.

Maybe air conditioning for the hot weather ?
Probably some model gear ?
Mister UHU is offline Find More Posts by Mister UHU
Old Aug 01, 2006, 07:48 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Google. It plain and simply rocks as much today as it did 3 years ago. Maybe more.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Aug 01, 2006, 09:09 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Coffee, look at how popular it is, people pay $3 for 15 cents worth of ingredients. It isn't good for you (caffeine), but no one cares, it is like the last allowable vice and people will hold onto it with both hands.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Aug 01, 2006, 09:13 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
Coffee, look at how popular it is, people pay $3 for 15 cents worth of ingredients. It isn't good for you (caffeine), but no one cares, it is like the last allowable vice and people will hold onto it with both hands.
I would never pay $3 for a cup of joe. Never have, never will. I'll go without first.

But I gotta give Starbucks and the like props for being so successful in duping so many into paying so much for so little for so long.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Aug 01, 2006, 09:51 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Quote:
I would never pay $3 for a cup of joe. Never have, never will. I'll go without first. - Rick
It would be interesting for me to knock on your door after say 48 hours of you not having any cuppa joe, with a hot steamy cup of Starbuck's select and see if you might fork over three dollars. I think I would.

I used to go to a place call Aurora, and paid a couple bucks for a coffee. I think the caffeine level in their coffee is about four times the normal drip coffee made at home, and it is possible people get a little more addicted to it. I take cream in my coffee and noticed that their coffee would be very reluctant to get lighter in color, no matter how much cream I added. Very strong stuff.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Aug 01, 2006, 10:04 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
It would be interesting for me to knock on your door after say 48 hours of you not having any cuppa joe, with a hot steamy cup of Starbuck's select and see if you might fork over three dollars. I think I would.

Therein lies the difference between you and I.

First, I will not knowingly allow myself to be caught without coffee in my home, especially for 48 sleepless hours.
Typically you can find at least one or two full cans of ground coffee in the cupboard (I buy them whenever they go on sale). I also usually keep an 'emergency' jar of instant coffee in there, just in case--been doing it for many years.

If I were to be caught out in spite of that, or away from home, a caffeinated soft drink would do in its place--and on odd occasions has.

My stint in the Navy not only gave me a coffee habit, but taught me to always be prepared when it comes to feeding it.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Last edited by ElectRick; Aug 01, 2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2006, 10:33 AM
Helena, MT
Joined Feb 2003
2,913 Posts
If you came to my house with me in similar conditions I would not pay for the coffee but would rip it from your grip and chug it down. I'd be like Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles. Definitely addicted to the stuff. I regularly pay 2 bucks for a large coffee at various cafe's around here. My new office digs has a kick-butt coffee service. All I can drink comes with my rent.

I think we caffine junkies have hijacked this thread....

My candidate for the coolest (hottest) product is the new Inno - XM meets IPOD device.
LTChip is offline Find More Posts by LTChip
Old Aug 01, 2006, 11:54 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Coffee at Starbucks is about a buck & a half, not $3.00, at least in LA. Coffee at Denny's is about a buck, and it's crap, and unless you sit around for refills, you get half as much as a Starbucks (or Pete's or D&D), so I have no issue with $1.50 for some excellent Joe.

Now if you want one of them fancy coffee drinks, then you you should have to pay for it. Sissies.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Aug 01, 2006, 12:29 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
598 Posts
Black wrapround sunglasses.
Look good in the sun. in the office push them back on my head and they keep my long grey hair out of my eyes. in the pub at night if theres a good blues band playing the shades come down for the ultra cool look.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Aug 01, 2006, 12:41 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
I wouldn't pay 5 cents for a cup of coffee. I'm fairly hyper and coffee makes me bounce off the ceiling. Yeah, staring at the wall watching a spider crawl along for 10 hours. Oh wait, that was an acid trip.

Best product now? A George W. Bush bobble head doll.
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Aug 01, 2006, 12:43 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,684 Posts
Man's almost perfect invention. Can be used to start fires, mark trails, clean glasses, blow your nose, clean up messes, even pad breakables, and I'm sure a myriad of others things that would make duct tape envious.

The friend to everyone from artist to athlete, from handyman to hunter, from zealot to Zen Master.....

The best replacement for the corn cob......

Toilet Paper

and with proper training one sheet is enough!
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 01, 2006, 01:33 PM
Keep it up, I'm reloading
In my home
Joined Jan 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ
and with proper training one sheet is enough!
WACOFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WACOFlyer
Old Aug 01, 2006, 01:47 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,684 Posts
Wacoflyer,
For you, 1/100 of a sheet should be sufficient, if you just know how to fold and tear it.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 01, 2006, 02:18 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,032 Posts
Quote:

I used to go to a place call Aurora, and paid a couple bucks for a coffee. I think the caffeine level in their coffee is about four times the normal drip coffee made at home, and it is possible people get a little more addicted to it. I take cream in my coffee and noticed that their coffee would be very reluctant to get lighter in color, no matter how much cream I added. Very strong stuff.

No coffee for 48 hours? ARE YOU MAD?!?

Sounds like the guy making the coffee in Aurora used to be a sailor...we say if it won't float an anchor link and clean rust off the bulkheads, it's not strong enough...although I really don't want to see what the inside of my stomach looks like after a six month cruise.....my wife puts me on decaf when I get back!
Twizter68 is online now Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Aug 01, 2006, 02:23 PM
You win again, gravity!
Rotterdam, NL
Joined Jun 2004
279 Posts
Quote:
For you, 1/100 of a sheet should be sufficient, if you just know how to fold and tear it
1) Fold sheet in half
2) Fold it in half again
3) Tear off the corner where the two folds meet (the middle of the entire sheet)
4) Insert finger through the hole in the sheet
5) Clean behind with finger
6) Fold the sheet over your finger, grip firmly, and pull it off in a smooth motion.

You now have a more or less clean behind and a more or less clean finger. Of course you saved the torn off corner to clean under your fingernail.

(sorry)
Muxje is offline Find More Posts by Muxje