HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Aio_1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:04 AM
jyväskylä in finland
Joined Dec 2005
18 Posts
hello...
sorry my poor English...

why my ugly (two years old) zläp 3 is downloaded so much? over 10000 times!
and seen only one another...
just asking...

I have coming new and 100 times better plane (with plans)...
suhonen91 is offline Find More Posts by suhonen91
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2008, 12:04 AM
china
Joined Feb 2008
22 Posts
so maney plans ,thank you very much Aio_1 .
yuefeifei
yuefeifei is offline Find More Posts by yuefeifei
Old Dec 14, 2008, 02:02 PM
Joined Sep 2008
15 Posts
Hi!
anyone have plan for Click or Spark?

thanks!
cerar is offline Find More Posts by cerar
Old Dec 14, 2008, 02:25 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
The Clik and Spark are both sold as kits and as far as I know the designers haven't made plans freely available.
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:37 AM
Ontario Canada
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Has anyone built and flown the European bipe 6th plan V4. i have it cut out in depron and i was looking for some info in it
archer3d is offline Find More Posts by archer3d
Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
The Edge by Suhonen91 has been added to the list.

I haven't been adding much to this thread lately and it's very possible there are plans in circulation on RCGroups or elsewhere in the last year that I should have added. If you know of any that I've missed let me know and I'll try and catch up.

Thanks,

Aidan
Old Jan 02, 2009, 01:27 PM
Joined Sep 2007
3 Posts
Hello,

Thankyou for the wealth of information with regards to f3p plans. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the Arctic plan by Flandis? as his links are no longer working?

Kind Regards
Mike
streetwear is offline Find More Posts by streetwear
Old Jan 07, 2009, 09:47 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1
I've done a revised version of the overlay drawing Justshootme provided earlier. I've re-drawn the outlines of the Clik and Manta just to tidy them up a little. They're still based on Justshootme's outlines.

All 3 planes are scaled so that they have equal wing area. "Wing area" includes the area outlined by extending the LE and TE to the centreline as is standard practice.
The approximately calculated neutral points were used to align the planes.

The most obvious differences are:
  • Clik has a much larger and shorter coupled tailplane than the other two
  • Index has a much longer nose and the side area is distributed further forward
  • Clik and Manta wing planforms are similar with the Index being higher aspect ratio and more swept
  • Clik has a far larger rudder than the Manta with the Index somewhere in between
  • Clik has the largest fuselage side area and the Manta the smallest
  • Index has less fuselage area below the centreline than the other two
I've also attached the same drawing but replacing the Index with the Index 2.
It seems the changes I made when modifying the original Index design has brought it closer to the proportions of the other two designs.

Aidan

P.S.
Thanks for the drawing Pat!
Hey Aidan, If I'm not mistaken, you could use the drawings in this post as plans for the Click, right? Or are the dimesions not entirely acurate?
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Jan 08, 2009, 03:18 AM
C4X
Glider Junkie Beyond Help
Canada, BC, Roberts Creek
Joined Nov 2008
618 Posts
I am new to F3P, but a small suggestion for anyone with good kits: please take quality photos of the assembled horizontal and vertical profiles, before final assembly, and link them somewhere in this thread with the dimensions! I, for one, would gladly trace some quality plans up in AutoCAD if some decent profiles presented themselves. As for the Clik and Spark (mentioned a couple threads previous), maybe someone has the kit and wouldn't mind snapping some photos? Even if it is already fully assembled, the images don't lie. It is perfectly legal, I believe, so long as the plans are not used commercially. After all, I create templates from all the kits I have bought, and plans that I have printed (for future use when I crash, which I know I will).

I love foamies! Need more!!!
C4X is offline Find More Posts by C4X
Last edited by C4X; Jan 08, 2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2009, 08:36 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4X
I am new to F3P, but a small suggestion for anyone with good kits: please take quality photos of the assembled horizontal and vertical profiles, before final assembly, and link them somewhere in this thread with the dimensions! I, for one, would gladly trace some quality plans up in AutoCAD if some decent profiles presented themselves. As for the Clik and Spark (mentioned a couple threads previous), maybe someone has the kit and wouldn't mind snapping some photos? Even if it is already fully assembled, the images don't lie. It is perfectly legal, I believe, so long as the plans are not used commercially.
I don't wish to distribute plans in this thread for commercial designs without consent of the designer.
Whether it's done via photograph or drawing seems pretty immaterial if the intent is the same - to build a copy.
I'm not making a judgement on whether making copies of existing designs is right or wrong, I'm just not willing to introduce the issue for debate in this thread.

Leaving the ethics out of it for a moment:
Photographs are a poor replacement for drawings as perspective and other optical distortions will mean you often end up with a rather inaccurate outline. The amount of distortion will depend a lot on how the photo was taken. Angle and distance being most important but I suspect other issues will arise depending on the optics of the camera. A drawing created from a photo may look correct but the proportions will differ from the original and proportions matter. Images often do lie!

I now realise that the drawings posted earlier comparing the Clik, Manta and Index could perhaps be used as the basis of a plan but this was not the intent. The drawings were intended solely as a pictorial comparison of design proportions. If David Kyjovsky or Martin Muller wish those drawings to be removed I will oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc
Hey Aidan, If I'm not mistaken, you could use the drawings in this post as plans for the Click, right? Or are the dimesions not entirely acurate?
I can't speak to the accuracy of the Manta and Clik outlines as I didn't draw them and haven't compared them to the real thing.

Aidan
Old Jan 08, 2009, 09:37 AM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
I love the looks of the SouthernX-i. Is it a good choice for indoor and outdoor 3D using EPP? I'd like to make a 20in span 3mm EPP version of it.
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Jan 08, 2009, 02:27 PM
C4X
Glider Junkie Beyond Help
Canada, BC, Roberts Creek
Joined Nov 2008
618 Posts
Aio 1- Indeed. I agree with your comments. A debate would surely ensue. Like I mentioned, I am okay with a design being utilized for personal consumption. A lot of people buy kits for their completeness and simplicity. That will not change.

I do wonder, however, if it really matters whether the design needs to be so exactly precise (in the case of flat wing/body foam profile designs) in order that the basic design parameters are met, and one ends up with a true flying aircraft. We aren't talking about critical laminar flow airfoils or the like. As evidenced by the compared outlines you presented, it seems that so long as a certain amount of lifting surface is manifested in the horizontal and vertical planes, you can expect a basic flying design to perform with in certain basic parameters (flavor dependant on key specific design elements such as tailplane moment, fore/aft distribution of body lifting surface, wing shape/size/surface area and distribution, and of course various drag producing super structure elements). As I mentioned, I am new to F3P foamies. I absolutely love that a fellow can lay down some lines in AC, scratch out a foamy, see for yourself what it is that you have exactly, and then go right back to AC for design changes! It makes you feel like an honorary engineer grad

If I am misguided in this assumption, I am most certainly open to positive criticism. I have no engineering background, though I am a pilot by profession (and consequently understand how different designs perform in different ways). I do intend to flight test as many designs as time allows me. Advice is welcome
C4X is offline Find More Posts by C4X
Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:48 PM
Joined Mar 2007
6 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone Morback im DXF format?

Thanks,
Davor
Davor Balazic is offline Find More Posts by Davor Balazic
Old Jan 12, 2009, 04:09 PM
Hungary
Joined Feb 2007
107 Posts
Here, right in the first post:
http://forum.modelisme.com/t94300-le...utur-plan.html

Good luck
Dimitry
Dimitry999 is offline Find More Posts by Dimitry999
Last edited by Dimitry999; Jan 18, 2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 04:16 PM
Joined Mar 2007
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry999
Here, right in the first post:
http://forum.modelisme.com/t94300-le...utur-plan.html

Good lock
Dimitry

Thanks!
I saw this site, but I taught its only 4d morback.

Best regards,
Davor
Davor Balazic is offline Find More Posts by Davor Balazic