HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Aio_1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 04:39 AM
Sweden
Joined Oct 2005
75 Posts
start with 1cm infront of the carbon "beam"

Cheers// jackack
jackack is offline Find More Posts by jackack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
Like big and fast
Joined Aug 2007
11 Posts
hi everybody
i made my forst F3P plane
Tiburon Biplan
some foto u can finde i there http://public.fotki.com/giedriusonline/tiburon-biplan/
robo-Giedrius is offline Find More Posts by robo-Giedrius
Old Jan 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,063 Posts
Trouble with tiled pdf

I want to build a Knuffel and have the tiled pdf file to work from. But I have difficulty getting all the separate sheets to line up due to the printer not printing right up to the edge of the sheets. The cm scale along the top/bottom edge of the paper is correct but then if I just butt-joint the sheets it doesn't work. It looks like I need to overlap the sheets by about 1 or 2mm. Is this normal or is there a trick to tiled pdf's?

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Jan 24, 2008, 08:05 AM
mtm
Joined Jul 2007
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale
I want to build a Knuffel and have the tiled pdf file to work from. But I have difficulty getting all the separate sheets to line up due to the printer not printing right up to the edge of the sheets. The cm scale along the top/bottom edge of the paper is correct but then if I just butt-joint the sheets it doesn't work. It looks like I need to overlap the sheets by about 1 or 2mm. Is this normal or is there a trick to tiled pdf's?

Mike
Just "buy" Adobe Reader Professional
Than you can tile A0 all on youre one
mtm is offline Find More Posts by mtm
Old Jan 26, 2008, 06:20 PM
brazil
Joined Jan 2008
3 Posts
I have one plane than I do even I did as of this date a photo of donatas pauzuolis but I would like know if any tem the steps of the aircraft futurist or future bipe 3d ?

I am expecting answers thank you....
HenriqueHingst is offline Find More Posts by HenriqueHingst
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:06 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
Okay you don,t have to bark orders. But donatas airplanes you have to get them from him. And if you plans where did you get them from?
Bubba Gump is online now Find More Posts by Bubba Gump
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriqueHingst

I am expecting answers thank you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Gump
Okay you don,t have to bark orders.

I don't think it was a barked order.
Something lost in translation perhaps?

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:17 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
I took it the wrong way.
Bubba Gump is online now Find More Posts by Bubba Gump
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale

Mike
There is no trick to tiled PDFs. Unfortunately, most of the producers of tiled PDFs do not seem to realize it's not a good idea to produce a PDF page that requires printing in the non-printable zone of most printers to be able to print the PDF tiles.

ScaleAndTile3 is one program that is specifically designed for scaling and tiling plans/3-views correctly. The page widths and heights for the most frequently used sizes, LETTER and A4, are 1/2" smaller than the nominal page dimensions, so printing centered on the nominal size paper leaves about 1/4" white space all around the tile, nicely missing the non-printable zone for most laser printers.

The PDFs produced by ScaleAndTile3 are always borderless, so if the user is fortunate enough to have access to a printer that is really capable of faithfully producing borderless pages, he/she can take advantage of that feature (Frankly, I see no advantage to borderless printing, as the paper alignment is not accurate enough for use to print tiled plans).

ScaleAndTile3 employs very-accurately-placed alignment aids on the tiles that make it easy to achieve correct alignment of the tiles when you are assembling a large, single-sheet plan from tiles.

ScaleAndTile3 is free for personal, non-commercial use and may not be redistributed. That means you can only get it from me, and that you may not give it to anyone else. See the threads that start with "ScaleAndTile2" and "ScaleAndTile3" over in the Foamies (Scratchbuilt) forum for more details on features, as well as how to get it, if you're interested.

Best regards,
Bill Segraves
segraves is offline Find More Posts by segraves
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Another plan added to posts #1 and #2. This time it's an aeromusical type design called the Juka by Jeremy Chinn aka Matchlessaero.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Feb 18, 2008, 09:39 PM
Inverted,that's howI roll
Venutra. CA
Joined Nov 2007
274 Posts
Does anyone know how well does the Morback 4-D flies? Or does anyone have a vid? I really want to build one, but I want to see how it flies or hear before I start the build.

3-DMan
3-DMan is offline Find More Posts by 3-DMan
Old Feb 26, 2008, 04:11 PM
Acromaster
Paris - France
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
Hi, 3D Man

I made my first three flights few weeks ago (in indoor) with an aerobatic plane but not a F3P one. It has been very hard to try to perform some rolls and so on ... I decided to build the Morback (not the 4D), in order to have a efficient plane to make aerobatics. I have to learn to control my stress (walls arrive very quickly !). Due the price to make this kind of plane, i think you can make your one without waiting news from someone !

Some pictures here in the next weeks to show my 3D Morback (with probably some personnal shape modifications)

Acromaster
olivier75 is offline Find More Posts by olivier75
Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:58 AM
Corent, FRANCE
Joined Mar 2008
2 Posts
F3p

Hello,
Have you some plans of F3P with "central position" for engine ?
with a servo to adjust propeller pitch

sorry for bad english, i'm french
regards
Voldos is offline Find More Posts by Voldos
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:54 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldos
Hello,
Have you some plans of F3P with "central position" for engine ?
with a servo to adjust propeller pitch

sorry for bad english, i'm french
regards

The Morback 4D has the motor in the centre of the plane.
The plan is in the first post.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 02, 2008, 01:08 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Hi guys,

It seems the Knuffel V2 and Smove plan links in post #1 were out of date. I'm not sure how long they've been out of action but they're updated now. Thanks to ChrisBowker for providing current links.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1