HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Aio_1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:10 AM
Thanos Papantonopoulos
Edessa, Greece
Joined May 2007
439 Posts
hahahahahaha!!!
you got me there!!!
You know my english stop where the American habit of acronyms begins!!!
It took me some time to learn what SSDD and KISS means!!!
I thote VPP stands for something that has to do with Polyurethane stuff like EPP http://epp540.com/ http://epp.com/ !!!
Anyways!!! glad i could make you smile!!!
pappy69 is offline Find More Posts by pappy69
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2010, 12:51 AM
Love the sport, not the plane
Hawaii
Joined Oct 2009
1,234 Posts
Thats ok! Same difference! Just kidding!
dylantorquerol is offline Find More Posts by dylantorquerol
Old May 27, 2010, 01:14 AM
Thanos Papantonopoulos
Edessa, Greece
Joined May 2007
439 Posts
Hinges!!

@toxictoast

Hey toxic i observed the hinges that you installed on your morback.
What are they made from? I would like to do the same. can you please describe me the way you did them.
pappy69 is offline Find More Posts by pappy69
Old May 28, 2010, 01:33 AM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
Thanks for noticing them! They are Robart Part # 305 hinge points and I love them.

IMO, they work great in depron models, have extremely low resistance and I have not had a single one fail on me yet on multiple planes. 3Deranged (the awesome Clik-XL guy) turned me on to them awhile back and I've dumped tape and CA hinges since then. You only need a couple and the smallest brush of epoxy and they will stay secure for a very very long time. I'll put some petroleum jelly on the axle to keep the epoxy out of it and use a pen drill to make a very simple hole. Once the epoxy is cured, work it to loosen it up and it will just flop around effortlessly.

Downside is you need to double bevel your surfaces and have a sub-millimeter gap.

http://www.robart.com/Hinge.aspx
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Old May 28, 2010, 05:14 PM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
Hi guys in an effort to keep the weight down on my next f3p build i have been told (by the brill Aio1) that there can be a big difference in the quality and weight of depron? i bought my last lot from www.depronfoam.co.uk and i am very happy with the quality of the goods bought and service but wonder where others buy thiers from? is there a higher grade/lighter depron supplier that anyone knows about?
many thanks
bluey1982 is offline Find More Posts by bluey1982
Old May 28, 2010, 05:49 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Actual "Depron" shouldn't vary too much. It's normally about 120g/sqm but I think there are several other similar foams around with different densities.
If you want lighter I'd suggest trying Extrupor/Gediplac if you can find it. If I remember correctly it's about 100g/sqm.
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old May 28, 2010, 09:29 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey1982 View Post
Hi guys in an effort to keep the weight down on my next f3p build i have been told (by the brill Aio1) that there can be a big difference in the quality and weight of depron? i bought my last lot from www.depronfoam.co.uk and i am very happy with the quality of the goods bought and service but wonder where others buy thiers from? is there a higher grade/lighter depron supplier that anyone knows about?
many thanks

Depron Aero (Formerly Gediplac) From RC Foam.com would be a good candidate for F3P

Description Depron Aero (formerly Gediplac) is similar to Depron except lighter! It is approximately 20% lighter with most of the same look and feel as Depron. The finish has more of a sheen to it than Gediplac had. These sheets are great for many of today's indoor and competition foamies.

The 3mm Depron Aero is great in applications where weight counts.

Greg M
WMParkFlyers.com
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2010, 09:41 PM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1 View Post
Actual "Depron" shouldn't vary too much.
I've been thrown off a few times when I've received batches of 6mm depron that came out to nearly 7mm. I actually liked it for the larger stuff but it screwed up the tooling on some big CNC equipment, resulting in cuts that were perfectly 6.2mm by design and all of it had to be re-pathed to the 6.85mm range to actually cut through it. Went through several sheets before realizing the problem was the depron and not the code/calibration! At least rcfoam.com was kind enough to knock a few bucks off my next order. They are as subject to the quality issues as well, since the foam they don't cut themselves comes pre-cut from the factory.

Always an awesome supplier if you are north America.
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Old May 29, 2010, 06:42 PM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
many thanks lads!
Old May 29, 2010, 07:00 PM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
had a quick look about, think this is may be the only uk based retailer for gediplac
http://www.expressfly.org.uk/shop/pr...products_id=46
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:15 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,720 Posts
subscribed
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:55 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey1982 View Post
had a quick look about, think this is may be the only uk based retailer for gediplac
http://www.expressfly.org.uk/shop/pr...products_id=46
Or here

http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/cata...oducts_id=3636
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
Joined Mar 2010
20 Posts
Thanks andy funilly enough i just had a pack delivered from the guys at leeds 3 days ago! just about to start aiden's Index 3 and was thinking about doing the morback but i cant get it to print out the correct size on my printer! GRRRRR!

does anyone have any suggestions about the best/lightest glue to use? got myself some ZAP foam safe and also have some UHU. Its mad, trying to save even a couple of grams. crazy
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:04 PM
Joined Nov 2008
143 Posts
Guys, Iīm finishing a Troll, and I would like anyone to suggest a good CG for starters. Then I can go fly and find my sweet spot, but I donīt like the idea of tossing a brand new plane without even a starters CG. Thanx in advance!
brunobrazil is offline Find More Posts by brunobrazil
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:01 PM
OSMBuddha
KC Mo
Joined Mar 2007
784 Posts
A std for a good starting point on cg is 2/3 the wing cord from LE of wing.

Just realized it's a bipe........so balance from top wing.
nagayama13 is offline Find More Posts by nagayama13
Last edited by nagayama13; Aug 10, 2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Noticed something..........