HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:45 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Swithcback Presents: The Return of the Returns. (With a Vengeance)Post your pic.

Hello SWITCHBACK flyer's,

Some of you have followed my thread, as well, as I have been closely following yours, and as we followed eachothers threads. An Idea, advice, as well, as words of encouragement, saying. "Go out there and get her UP".

I have to be honest, I am not your biggest fan of GWS, as I predicted the stock SB motor quit, within my sixth flight, though I love my moth. Reasons, there of. I have been hanging out with guys, who fly's fast 480s to brushless motors. My first flight was brief, and my third to fifth was not good at all.

My story:

I gathered enough confidence of this airplane called Switchback. I spent one sleepless night putting her back to life. Spent days at work, thinking of the day, and was rewarded, until my new motor fried up. Simprop 300. Got a new simprop, this time went with 280BB. Well, my the darness thing what do you know, it work, and power efficient than the S300. (just little $$$ on the pocket)

This week:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and this whole weekend, was about flying the Switchback Luck, I took off work on Friday, for the real, real, real. TKO I was about to experience.

* Took time to check all. Trims, radio, batt. The works.

ZOOOOOOOOM, with all it's might, soared as high, as I can see, and what do you know, it's my SweetBaby (SB) airplane, flying high.

MAN!! the loops to snap rolls... What can I say!!!!??? I know, all of you guys can feel, in a way, when you looking at her, not flying, but RIPPING OUT THE HEART OF THE SKY . She can make an EAGLE cry...

So, as to end this story. And as I promised some, that I will not do anything to changed my SweetBaby until it can prove to me, and make me a believer, that she can bring, utmost satisfaction, and the thrill, that I've always longed for in an Airplane, and to the Mountain Model , staff, crew and it's head father of the syndicate, Doug. Thank you for this Ultimate , magnifico, earoplano. That you made, from your heart, and breath life of grantee fun, so we can enjoy and taste what fun is all about.

Today:

I waited, and waited, until the sky was empty, handlaunched my BABY in front of all yes could see.. All I hear is... What tha (*beep) is that? WOW!!! and (*beep) that thing is fast, (*beep) yeah.. where did you (beep) get that? Man (*beep) fly it agian.. (BEEP)That is so cool.... If you ask me.. I was trying to hold my heart in a steady pace. So no (beeps) for me...

The best Chick in town...

Before
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Last edited by genovia; Aug 05, 2002 at 12:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:48 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
No decals yet.. Still thinking. I assure you, you won't see a dragon anywhere

Now : After all the troubles are over, and had pass me by
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:49 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
My infatuation
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:50 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
My reasons
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:52 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
My obsession
Last edited by genovia; Aug 05, 2002 at 12:58 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:53 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
The one
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:54 AM
San Fernando Valley
Joined Jun 2002
444 Posts
Genovia,
Beautiful Job! I'm nearly done with my own SB, and it won't compare to how sweet yours looks.
--Mark
markwild is offline Find More Posts by markwild
Old Aug 05, 2002, 12:56 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
The one
My reasons
Obsession
My infatuated PASSION
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:08 AM
Under tension
Johnstown, Colorado
Joined May 2002
880 Posts
Here's my experience from earlier this week. This is the switchback before first flight with the completed covering...
citabria is offline Find More Posts by citabria
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:10 AM
Under tension
Johnstown, Colorado
Joined May 2002
880 Posts
And here it is 5 minutes later... cause of crash: I had wound up the antenna to get it out of the way while I was fixing the plane. Unfortunately I didn't catch what I had done before preflight. The plane lost control and nosed in from ~10 feet. No problem some epoxy couldn't fit.

Crash was a result of bad preflight! When I'm not crashing the swichback I'm really enjoying it. Very responsive and absolutely the most fun I have ever had building a kit, flying or non-flying.
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:17 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Wow / Ahhh?!?

Man, that's not too bad
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:28 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Genovia, that's way too pretty to stay out of my collage now... that goes for yours too, citabria. Can I stick both of them in the picture? Congrats on sticking with it, Genovia! Didn't I tell you it would be worth it?

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Last edited by Martin Hunter; Aug 05, 2002 at 01:44 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:28 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Mark,

You asked about a perfect trainer? The SB will give it to ya! Get a foam ailo plane, or better yet get a J-3 Cub 400EP.

***Beautiful Job! I'm nearly done with my own SB, and it won't compare to how sweet yours looks.***

Thanks, and yeah right, I'll give you, months starting now, you'll be better than me

Yours,
geno..
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:38 AM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
***Genovia, that's way to pretty to stay out of my collage now... that goes for yours too, citabria. Can I stick both of them in the picture? Congrats on sticking with it, ***

Sure. I would like a place in the spot, where all the SB crew are placed...

***Genovia! Didn't I tell you it would be worth it? ***

By my lying brother's teeth (hehehe, I'm the only child), I apologize for doubting you, Martin. The SB earned her respect in the field. Thanks man.

Neck cracker, like folks on the tennis bench. Funny, all heads goes, where the SB goes, cracked my neck when it zoom right up, loop. I thought it was gonna hit the ground pulled it up, went vertical for 3sec, rolled. Man, I can go on, and on.... I am in love with this plane.
Old Aug 05, 2002, 01:44 AM
Under tension
Johnstown, Colorado
Joined May 2002
880 Posts
Martin,
Absolutely you can add it to the collage. Here's a better angle if you would like to use it instead. Should be easy to cut out