Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:36 PM
Draper, Ut
Joined Aug 2005
426 Posts
Discussion
Epic Day(for us) at the POTM!

We had some 20+ mph North winds at the point. Which is GREAT for us. Tauno upped the state record to 163 with a glass destiny, then gave me the sticks and I did 155. (My destiny is still on the bench after being shot down). Spencer's destiny did 150 even. We are suppose to get some big winds tommorow also!

Is Nathan still keeping up the list? I tired to send him an email and i get a fail delivery notice. Probally just a hotmail issue. But thought I would ask.

Dax
Daxanator is offline Find More Posts by Daxanator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2006, 02:47 AM
"just one more pass"
Bakersfield, Ca.
Joined Sep 2005
824 Posts
Hey Dax,
Congrats on the 155 with a Dessy and say to Spencer. That's pretty good for 20+. I haven't yet gotten my V-2 over 148 I'm thinking. We had about 20 today at Weldon and it was a bit rough. No PB's but no losses neither. Just a few scuffs.
Yea, Nathan must still be having computer problems. We've been waiting weeks for our new best speeds to show up. Funny thing is that we haven't flown faster since submitting them. LoL.
marfish is offline Find More Posts by marfish
Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:42 AM
gas tires and oil
malad, idaho
Joined Dec 2004
2,436 Posts
right on guys!
maybe i better look at one of them there destinys!
gotta work tonight so you'l have to tear it up without me.
cool,

marty
prplgoat is offline Find More Posts by prplgoat
Old Aug 01, 2006, 12:20 AM
"just one more pass"
Bakersfield, Ca.
Joined Sep 2005
824 Posts
Wow Dax, I'm almost up there with you now. I just got 153 on my V-2 today in about the same wind! It's been long in comming. It flies great with no ballast even with all the bulky repairs I've added to it, but I'm gonna have to get some removable ballast to see if it helps retain enough energy to make it DS faster. I'm still adjusting the nose weight for CG which is now almost 3/8 inch behind my starting point and still needs to move back some. At the speeds I try to fly I'm not looking for positive pitch stability, but I don't want it tail heavy neither. I just want knife edge flight to be totally neutral or leaning a little toward the top of the plane.
Lotsa lift,
Marlan
Last edited by marfish; Aug 01, 2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2006, 09:01 PM
Draper, Ut
Joined Aug 2005
426 Posts
Marlan, Im sure you've come along way quickly!

I don't think well ever get much faster then 150-160's at the point. The layers is just so small. We have another spot with a big layer like parker. But its highly seasonal. Doesn't work at all in the summer. The landing is also pretty tricky. Not really composite friendly. So I think ill be stuck at 155 at least for a while. I'm sure with winds only improving in SoCal you'll be ahead of me in no time. We are planning a trip to parker sometime in fall.
Daxanator is offline Find More Posts by Daxanator
Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:29 PM
"just one more pass"
Bakersfield, Ca.
Joined Sep 2005
824 Posts
Hey Dax, It would be great to see you guys again. Let us know when you'll be down and we'll try to make it over to Parker.
Mar