SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:37 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,460 Posts
Question
GP Lancair EP Horizontal Stab Attachment

I'm moving through the lancair build and I notice the placement of the horizontal stab per the directions (as far forward as possible) with control horn in place will not clear the opening in the aft of the fuse with full down deflection. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.. I elongated the opening at the top of the fuse a bit and carved a slight smooth radius in the horn to get full down movement. Just curious. Nice kit and craftmanship for 99 beans.

Mike
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:29 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
I just trimmed as little as possible to get it to work . and it is a very good looking plane you will be pleased with it. I mounted a park 480 out runner in mine cuz I ate up the stock gear box on takeoff roll .
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin