HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
MarkJayne's Avatar
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santeepat
Mark,

Can you share a few thoughts on how she compares to the ES

Thanks.
I was surprised just how well the UHU flew. Its not as robust as the Easystar, and there isn't a great deal of room in the cockpit to experiment with larger batteries ( I use a 3s 1500mah ). As I mentioned above, the glide is amazing and the whole shape of the plane is much less draggy than the EZ. It won't replace my Easystar, but I'm looking forward to flying her again.

Video of todays flight here... www.rcflights.co.uk/Videos/UHUmaiden.wmv

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:56 AM
Part-Time Super Hero
MarkJayne's Avatar
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Here's the video of a quick circuit without power www.rcflights.co.uk/Videos/UHUnoPower.wmv

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
Posts: 1,784,206
santeepat's Avatar
Santee, CA.
Joined May 2006
376 Posts
As always...nice vid
santeepat is offline Find More Posts by santeepat
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 04:24 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
MarkJayne's Avatar
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Second flight today. This time around Aberystwyth's harbour.

The more I fly this plane, the more I'm starting to love it.

http://www.rcflights.co.uk/Videos/Elektro.wmv

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:04 PM
MKH
Registered User
Ohio
Joined Mar 2000
2,597 Posts
Seems to handle the breeze pretty well eh? Any thoughts on how this foam compares to the Elapor on your EZ*? Beautiful location for a video.
MKH

Almost forgot, is there room for a 6" prop, assuming the propshaft remains in the stock location? I'm thinking any number of my motors might work well in this.
MKH is offline Find More Posts by MKH
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:14 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
MarkJayne's Avatar
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKH
Seems to handle the breeze pretty well eh? Any thoughts on how this foam compares to the Elapor on your EZ*? Beautiful location for a video.
MKH

Almost forgot, is there room for a 6" prop, assuming the propshaft remains in the stock location? I'm thinking any number of my motors might work well in this.
The foam seems to be the same as Elapor, just a different name. Because the UHU is thinner, I think that gives the impression that the foam isn't as tough, but I think it probably is just as good.

I use a 5.5x4.3 prop. This is about the maximum you can use without having to cut into the tail section, which I wouldn't recommend.

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2007, 02:28 PM
Registered User
AndrésMtnez's Avatar
Madrid, Spain
Joined Dec 2004
2,102 Posts
Any news of the aileron mod?


I´m interested. If works like the Easy Star I´d be happy to give it a try
AndrésMtnez is offline Find More Posts by AndrésMtnez
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2007, 04:54 PM
Registered User
Ben D Wing's Avatar
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,894 Posts
MJ, A thought provoking video; I was born and lived in Aber and it was great to watch your video
I haven't been 'home' in many, many years, but I might make the effort this year as I have been land-locked too long. And yes, the UHU is next on my hit-list, mainly to introduce my daughter to the wonderful world of r/c.
Have you flown off the dunes or beach at Ynyslas, what a great site!!!
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2007, 03:02 AM
Part-Time Super Hero
MarkJayne's Avatar
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing
MJ, A thought provoking video; I was born and lived in Aber and it was great to watch your video
I haven't been 'home' in many, many years, but I might make the effort this year as I have been land-locked too long. And yes, the UHU is next on my hit-list, mainly to introduce my daughter to the wonderful world of r/c.
Have you flown off the dunes or beach at Ynyslas, what a great site!!!
You've read my mind. Ynyslas would be a great flying site.

Let us know if you get the UHU.

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 01:55 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
GeeW's Avatar
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,463 Posts
Jurgen
As I seem to have half a bucket full of all sorts, which Hitec servos would you recommend for the Uhu-E. I'm guessing HS-55?

MarkJayne
Finally got round to watching your vid from the harbour...very good. Music I think is Kate Bush ...but which track?
Any idea who has the Uhu-E in stock in the UK right now as my c card might just take another flex before fatigue failure sets in ;-) ?

regards

Gordon
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
MarkJayne's Avatar
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW
Jurgen
As I seem to have half a bucket full of all sorts, which Hitec servos would you recommend for the Uhu-E. I'm guessing HS-55?

MarkJayne
Finally got round to watching your vid from the harbour...very good. Music I think is Kate Bush ...but which track?
Any idea who has the Uhu-E in stock in the UK right now as my c card might just take another flex before fatigue failure sets in ;-) ?

regards

Gordon
Hi Gorden,

The track is 'A Womans Work' by Kate Bush. Not the best title but a great tune.

I'm pretty sure Jurgen will say the HS55's. They will do the job just fine. I use the 81's simply because I buy them in bulk near enough, but also because I prefer them to the 55's.

I got mine from West Wales Models, but I'm not sure whether they have any left. Maybe an idea to drop em an email.

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
Registered User
Ben D Wing's Avatar
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,894 Posts
GeeW, http://www.gliders.uk.com in Newark are Graupner dealers so it might be worth giving them a try too.
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Last edited by Ben D Wing; Feb 13, 2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Bad grammer!
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
GeeW's Avatar
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,463 Posts
Ben D Wing
Thanks for that. Work took me very close to Motors & Rotors at Watford today (what a co-incidence!). I bought E-Uhu with prop and motor-set.

Only one little problem....no english instructions for the ESC

So...... Please does anyone have a copy of the english instructions for Graupner motor set Part No 6505? So far I have been unable to locate an E-mail addy for Graupner.

Regards

Gordon
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Ben D Wing's Avatar
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,894 Posts
GeeW,
If you put a search on Graupners home web site, 6505 comes up with a Speed 400 (7.4V) motor with the ESC already soldered to the rear plate. Is this yours? If it is then the ESC is a high capacity BEC which will run 4 servos and is 2-3s lipo compatible, or 6-7 cells.
Hope this helps.
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 06:19 PM
Trying to defy gravity...
jimsky's Avatar
USA, NY, East Northport
Joined Dec 2003
2,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJayne
Second flight today. This time around Aberystwyth's harbour.

The more I fly this plane, the more I'm starting to love it.

http://www.rcflights.co.uk/Videos/Elektro.wmv

Mark
Awesome video. Great flying...I haven't heard the Kate Bush tune in many years. Thanks.

Jimsky
jimsky is offline Find More Posts by jimsky
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video New Elektro-UHU from Graupner Jurgen Heilig Electric Plane Talk 1 Jan 09, 2007 08:43 PM
Graupner Elektro-UHU cornj Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 02, 2005 02:02 PM
FS/FT Graupner Elektro-UHU in box stevesuarez Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Nov 09, 2002 10:49 PM
WTB - Graupner Elektro-UHU velvis Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 29, 2002 09:28 PM
Article Recommendations From an Experienced Elektro-UHU Pilot skranish Electric Plane Talk 0 May 01, 1996 12:00 AM